Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad Town players that we loved anyway 17:25 - Apr 3 with 7723 viewswkj

We've had a fair few players in our time that have stole a living here, though some of them have gone down fondly in our memories.

I'll start with Larsen Touré - Bags of energy, fun with the fans, gentleman on twitter, celebrating the in cup game like the game was over when there was more to play - and of course, that corner.

Always had a smile on his face and I truly wish he was a good footballer as he would have gone down a legend here with his personality.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:23 - Apr 3 with 1721 viewsleftback

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 19:55 - Apr 3 by Churchman

Looked it up. He scored twice for us. First in the Southend game and a few days later in a night game against Wolves. I’d forgotten he scored at Southend. Great days

Funny you bring up Phil whelan, I also googled him the other day as I was watching prem years or something and there was footage of Juninho scoring for Middlesbrough and big Phil was celebrating with him! Had completely forgotten he had gone there. Now a school teacher interestingly
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:25 - Apr 3 with 1712 viewsjayessess

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 18:27 - Apr 3 by waveneyblue

Micky Stockwell ?????

Two years younger and he would've been a major part of our Glory Year in the Premier League.

Bloody loved the man

The Stockwell stuff wasn't worth dignifying with a response.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:38 - Apr 3 with 1692 viewsDeano69

Bilel Mohsni

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:45 - Apr 3 with 1678 viewsfranz_tyson

Sito Castro was one I liked, but never really established himself.

And one for the future when he’s gone... Myles Kenlock. Always had a soft spot for Myles. Seems a decent, loyal lad, who can look good going forward ... but has that mistake in him and is destined never to make it here.
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:52 - Apr 3 with 1661 viewsBlueBadger

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 19:00 - Apr 3 by BlueBadger

As someone's already had my personal favourite of Manu Thetis, I'm going to go for Richard Naylor when he played up front.
Capable of putting in performances like Wemburley, but also capable of some absolute shockers.

But never less than 100% committed and always capable of some highly entertaining violence. If you didn't enjoy the sight of him kicking arch-bully Martin Keown 6 feet up in the air there was something wrong with you.

Clearly something wrong with Witchy, here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:52 - Apr 3 with 1669 viewsN2_Blue

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:13 - Apr 3 by RonFearonsHair

Not only was it an overhead kick, but it was a volley whilst on his backside having spooned the original attempt straight up into the year. A unique goal.

That's the one, cheers! I couldn't find it

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:55 - Apr 3 with 1664 viewsoneoffposter

Lee Bracey

Good on radio Suffolk
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 21:07 - Apr 3 with 1652 viewsGiant_Midget

Guirane N'Daw, really good at winning the ball, but he needed to be as it was usually him that had lost it.
Login to get fewer ads

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 21:13 - Apr 3 with 1641 viewsIllinoisblue

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:55 - Apr 3 by oneoffposter

Lee Bracey

Good on radio Suffolk

Bracey and Baxter, very good together. Big contrast to Brenner - his reaction to our second goal yesterday was bizarre. I know we’re dull to watch but no excitement in his voice at all when we scored.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 21:16 - Apr 3 with 1631 viewsBlueBadger

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:55 - Apr 3 by BelsteadCav

Mick Stockwell

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 21:37 - Apr 3 with 1624 viewsWoolfenthen

Bontcho, think we all loved him, loved his energy and his enthusiasm but he was a bit naff
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 22:00 - Apr 3 with 1604 viewsEatonBlue

No Bajner No Party
[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 22:01]
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 22:02 - Apr 3 with 1595 viewsIllinoisblue

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 21:37 - Apr 3 by Woolfenthen

Bontcho, think we all loved him, loved his energy and his enthusiasm but he was a bit naff

But still miles better than any of the strikers we have now

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 22:49 - Apr 3 with 1571 viewsChurchman

I thought he was great. You could tell he just loved playing for the club. He wasn’t the best, but neither was he by any means the worst forward to play for this club.
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 05:05 - Apr 4 with 1512 viewsBonchosBicycle

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:13 - Apr 3 by RonFearonsHair

Not only was it an overhead kick, but it was a volley whilst on his backside having spooned the original attempt straight up into the year. A unique goal.

Guess where my user name came from. Was at that match and never forgot it. Boncho, Boncho Boncho....
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 07:29 - Apr 4 with 1463 viewsLRB84UK

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:55 - Apr 3 by BelsteadCav

Mick Stockwell

What now?!?!

He was a million miles away from a bad player.
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 08:11 - Apr 4 with 1439 viewsalhare

Adam Tanner?
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 08:38 - Apr 4 with 1421 viewsJamestownPrince

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 20:23 - Apr 3 by leftback

Funny you bring up Phil whelan, I also googled him the other day as I was watching prem years or something and there was footage of Juninho scoring for Middlesbrough and big Phil was celebrating with him! Had completely forgotten he had gone there. Now a school teacher interestingly

For Phil Whelan, insert Tony Vaughan, both Manchester / Cheshire lads, both got bigger moves and then tumbled back down, Whelan was completing an Accountancy degree whilst at Ipswich and after retiring did indeed train as a teacher - sure that he is a Primary Head now

Not sure what Tony Vaughan is doing...

My other shout is Danny Sonner (had the ability to be flashy and great, but went missing for large periods / got booked / got substituted )
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 08:50 - Apr 4 with 1409 viewsBiGDonnie

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:59 - Apr 3 by Radlett_blue

Jean-Manuel Thetis. Thought he was better than he actually was so always had a mistake in him.
He also allegedly lamped GB after being left out of the Town team against Charlton.

Thetis was always an absolute beast on the early championship manager days.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 08:51 - Apr 4 with 1410 viewsBiGDonnie

Cole Skuse. Loved by many on here over the years when in fact he total sh*t.

COYBs

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 12:32 - Apr 4 with 1355 viewssolemio

I was going to say Bontcho Bontcho Guenchev, but I was going to add that he was not a bad player but was loved far more than just his footballing ability merited. Also he was loved because "I happy."
Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 12:33 - Apr 4 with 1351 viewsBlueBadger

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 08:51 - Apr 4 by BiGDonnie

Cole Skuse. Loved by many on here over the years when in fact he total sh*t.

Show us on the doll where the bad man called you 'numbskull'.

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 12:45 - Apr 4 with 1344 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 12:55 - Apr 4 with 1339 viewsBiGDonnie

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 12:33 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

Show us on the doll where the bad man called you 'numbskull'.

Good one nurse.

COYBs

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 15:09 - Apr 4 with 1310 viewsLeaky

Bad Town players that we loved anyway on 17:59 - Apr 3 by Radlett_blue

Jean-Manuel Thetis. Thought he was better than he actually was so always had a mistake in him.
He also allegedly lamped GB after being left out of the Town team against Charlton.

Loved the overhead goal he scored I think was away at West Brom. Missed an overhead kick landed on his arse the ball hit him and went in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024