Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil luv 10:44 - Apr 4 with 1222 viewschicoazul

What was that line in the original Evans deal contract about selling for no more than he bought the club for..? I’ve searched the news function but I can’t find it and I’m sure there was some clause in there along those lines.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phil luv on 10:49 - Apr 4 with 1198 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't recall a clause of that type, it would surprise me if there was as obviously the plan was broadly to buy the club, take it into the Premier League and sell it at a profit.
Phil luv on 10:50 - Apr 4 with 1171 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Phil luv on 10:49 - Apr 4 by PhilTWTD

I don't recall a clause of that type, it would surprise me if there was as obviously the plan was broadly to buy the club, take it into the Premier League and sell it at a profit.

Chico has a point here.

It wasn't a clause, but something Evans said in an interview. I'm sure I recall something too.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Phil luv on 10:51 - Apr 4 with 1158 viewsKeno

The history of deals being done for a reason that is a pretty spectacular failure isnt it!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Phil luv on 10:52 - Apr 4 with 1147 viewsZXBlue

Phil luv on 10:50 - Apr 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Chico has a point here.

It wasn't a clause, but something Evans said in an interview. I'm sure I recall something too.

Wasn't it about re-sale of the NU debt?
Phil luv on 10:53 - Apr 4 with 1138 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Phil luv on 10:52 - Apr 4 by ZXBlue

Really can't remember it exactly. But I've a vague recollection of something. Could have been in his second interview - with Stu Watson?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Phil luv on 11:07 - Apr 4 with 1086 viewschicoazul

Phil luv on 10:52 - Apr 4 by ZXBlue

Yes! It was something about the debt.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Phil luv on 11:16 - Apr 4 with 1046 viewschicoazul

It’s weird that I can’t find it and I field have sworn there was something in there. The nearest I can find is what you reported below (and lol at the last line);

Evans has purchased £32 million of the club's external debt for a sum TWTD understands to be £8 million, but Bowden says the club cannot confirm these figures: “It's a private arrangement between Marcus and Norwich Union and Barclays. We've been involved in those conversations and we're party to confidentiality arrangements, so we don't wish to comment on that.”

Bowden says Evans would not be able to sell the club at a later date and then demand payment of the debt: “He has to sell both the debt and the club together, that's part of the contractual arrangement we've got. He can't on-sell the debt and remain the majority shareholder in the club, the two have to go hand in hand.

“The debt will remain an internal debt which is the big difference, in that whilst the debt doesn't disappear, it's an intra-company debt, serviceable as and when we chose to do so, rather than on demand.

“The debt when it was originally created [largely in 2001 when the bond was taken out with Norwich Union to build the new stands] was serviceable in the Premiership and at the time it appeared to be serviceable in at Championship level.

“With the changes in the football industry a few years on — transfer windows in particular and the failure of ITV Digital — it became more difficult to service that debt in this division without selling players. And if you sell players, you end up in League One, so it's a much better arrangement than the one we had previously.”

Phil luv on 11:18 - Apr 4 with 1027 viewsPinewoodblue

Phil luv on 11:07 - Apr 4 by chicoazul

Yes! It was something about the debt.

Thought Sheepy was given an undertaking not to make a profit from any future sale of the debt.

Hopefully, if the club is actually being sold, Marcus Evans will write off the debt prior to sale, so any new owner cannot take advantage.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Phil luv on 11:33 - Apr 4 with 980 viewsZXBlue

Phil luv on 11:18 - Apr 4 by Pinewoodblue

Thought Sheepy was given an undertaking not to make a profit from any future sale of the debt.

Hopefully, if the club is actually being sold, Marcus Evans will write off the debt prior to sale, so any new owner cannot take advantage.

As I recall, he cannot sell the NU debt for more than he paid for it.
Phil luv on 13:22 - Apr 4 with 821 viewsPinewoodblue

Phil luv on 11:33 - Apr 4 by ZXBlue

As I recall, he cannot sell the NU debt for more than he paid for it.

Agreed but going forward it would be better if the debt was written off. Presumably, if the club is sold, the new owner will follow the fashion on loading debt on the company. Buy with borrowed money.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024