Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good Town players that we never seemed to love 12:42 - Apr 4 with 2027 viewswkj

Flipping the script on the other post. This one will be much more difficult than the other as there will be a lot of confliction opinions.

I am going to put my knackers on the block and say Keith Andrews.

Played in 20 games for town and scored 9 during his loan, clearly a good tally for a defensive midfielder - but rarely gets talked about or high praise on here. Certainly wasn't disliked, but probably deserves a bit more praise.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:45 - Apr 4 with 1623 viewsIllinoisblue

James Scowcroft

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 1623 viewsmonty_radio

It's always about context. Imagine any of Steve McCall, Matt Richards and James Scowcroft being available for us right now.

Having said that I'll go for Paul Mason and also Daryl Murphy before he discovered what those post things were at the end of the pitch. I thought he was good before he started scoring.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 12:49]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 1612 viewsBlueBadger

Trouble with Andrews was, he lost all sense of positional discipline under Jewell. Sur, he might score a few, but whilst eh was out of position glory-seeking, we'd concede another.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 13:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 1610 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:50 - Apr 4 with 1601 viewsRIPbobby

I think Clapham received for too much critiscm. He was ace.
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:55 - Apr 4 with 1585 viewsBlueBadger

Jermaine Wright. A key part of our best side since '81. Was either overlooked in favour of Holland and Magilton or outright sneered about.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:55 - Apr 4 with 1582 viewsBlueBadger

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:50 - Apr 4 by RIPbobby

I think Clapham received for too much critiscm. He was ace.

He had the oddest shaped head on any Town player, ever.

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:10 - Apr 4 with 1517 viewswaveneyblue

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:55 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

Jermaine Wright. A key part of our best side since '81. Was either overlooked in favour of Holland and Magilton or outright sneered about.

I always felt he could've been so much better than he was.

Went missing far too many times but had so much skill.
Login to get fewer ads

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:15 - Apr 4 with 1493 viewsMookamoo

Mich d'Avray. Good player who just wasn't Paul Mariner.
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:28 - Apr 4 with 1463 viewsBlueBadger

Jonas Knudsen. Suffered for being *just* a competent LB and having to follow Cresswell and Mings, coming in when Mick's star was on the wane and those ridiculous throw-ins.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 15:58]

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:36 - Apr 4 with 1450 viewsChurchman

Geraint Williams. Stayed fit, played over 200 games including plenty in the Premier League, workhorse midfielder. Somebody you didn’t notice who did the simple things well. Geraint was a good player whose lack of goal scoring was something of a joke at the time.
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:38 - Apr 4 with 1449 viewsHipsterectomy

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:49 - Apr 4 by monty_radio

It's always about context. Imagine any of Steve McCall, Matt Richards and James Scowcroft being available for us right now.

Having said that I'll go for Paul Mason and also Daryl Murphy before he discovered what those post things were at the end of the pitch. I thought he was good before he started scoring.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 12:49]

Matt Richards was always solid for us, but was accountable for so many mistakes (miss-placed passes, balls bouncing off him, forgetting to mark someone etc) that this is what so many people remember

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:54 - Apr 4 with 1420 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:28 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

Jonas Knudsen. Suffered for being *just* a competent LB and having to follow Cresswell and Mings, coming in when Mick's star was on the wane and those ridiculous throw-ins.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 15:58]

Plus he scores against nodge
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 13:55]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:59 - Apr 4 with 1392 viewschrismakin

Toto Nsiala

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:03 - Apr 4 with 1381 viewsWeWereZombies

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:36 - Apr 4 by Churchman

Geraint Williams. Stayed fit, played over 200 games including plenty in the Premier League, workhorse midfielder. Somebody you didn’t notice who did the simple things well. Geraint was a good player whose lack of goal scoring was something of a joke at the time.

And on a similar note - Cole Skuse.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:07 - Apr 4 with 1371 viewsjudespiveyg

Michael Chopra. Hard to love because he was a bit of a scumbag but was a decent player for us for one season. 14 goals wasn't bad considering he was playing in a pretty ordinary side.

Jon Stead is never remembered as fondly as Alan Lee or Jon Walters even though he was a good Championship striker.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:09 - Apr 4 with 1360 viewsBlueBadger

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:07 - Apr 4 by judespiveyg

Michael Chopra. Hard to love because he was a bit of a scumbag but was a decent player for us for one season. 14 goals wasn't bad considering he was playing in a pretty ordinary side.

Jon Stead is never remembered as fondly as Alan Lee or Jon Walters even though he was a good Championship striker.

In a similar vein, Alun Armstrong. A bit unlucky with injuries and a bit overshadowed by more flashy team mates.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 15:59]

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:17 - Apr 4 with 1341 viewsHipsterectomy

Darren Currie was one of those winger anomalies you find on Football Manager who have 1 for pace, 1 for acceleration yet 15 for crossing

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:18 - Apr 4 with 1332 viewstractordownsouth

Cole Skuse

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:30 - Apr 4 with 1314 viewsbournemouthblue

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 14:17 - Apr 4 by Hipsterectomy

Darren Currie was one of those winger anomalies you find on Football Manager who have 1 for pace, 1 for acceleration yet 15 for crossing

15 for set pieces too

Ian Westlake had a pretty good career with us and then declined at an incredible rate

Jermaine Wright despite all the criticism he would get had plenty of ability as displayed with some of the thunderbolts he scored

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 15:05 - Apr 4 with 1271 viewsSuperCoops

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:36 - Apr 4 by Churchman

Totally agree with this. I always said he was one of those players that you didn't necessarily see a lot of in the game, but take him out of it and you suddenly appreciated how much work he did. He would win the ball back wherever, lay it off to Dozzell or one of the midfielders to do the rest.

Great player for us and underappreciated massively.
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 15:52 - Apr 4 with 1219 viewsTractorFrog

Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse. Skuse in particular is criminally underrated.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 16:09 - Apr 4 with 1177 viewsMookamoo

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 15:05 - Apr 4 by SuperCoops

Totally agree with this. I always said he was one of those players that you didn't necessarily see a lot of in the game, but take him out of it and you suddenly appreciated how much work he did. He would win the ball back wherever, lay it off to Dozzell or one of the midfielders to do the rest.

Great player for us and underappreciated massively.

Geraint Williams was such an important part of that team.

We did at one point have a sweepstake on when he would thump one over the bar from 25 yards. It never went in, but thinking about it, that wasn't he point. He was just reminding the defenders they had to think about closing him down and that gave the better players in front of him more space.
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 18:45 - Apr 4 with 1047 viewsmonkeymagic

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 12:45 - Apr 4 by Illinoisblue

James Scowcroft

David Lowe and Kevin Wilson. Relative bargains and consistently good in what at the time felt like dark days. Compared to the the last 14, they were of course the glory years.
Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 18:50 - Apr 4 with 1031 viewsKieran_Knows

Good Town players that we never seemed to love on 13:59 - Apr 4 by chrismakin

Toto Nsiala

April fools was 3 days ago.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024