Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? 13:29 - Apr 4 with 532 viewsPinewoodblue

Seem to remember it started sometime in 1996.

TWTD

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:31 - Apr 4 with 516 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty sure that TWTD, in one form or other, is older than that.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 13:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:36 - Apr 4 with 503 viewsPinewoodblue

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:31 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

Pretty sure that TWTD, in one form or other, is older than that.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 13:32]

Magazine yes but the online board really got going with the message board, even though it was in dial up, back in 96.

2023 year of destiny

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:49 - Apr 4 with 477 viewsBlueBadger

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:36 - Apr 4 by Pinewoodblue

Magazine yes but the online board really got going with the message board, even though it was in dial up, back in 96.

Wasn't there some kind of local USENET(?) forum before that? I seem to remember reading somewhere that ITFC has one of the oldest online football communities in the world?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:50 - Apr 4 with 478 viewsZXBlue

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:49 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

Wasn't there some kind of local USENET(?) forum before that? I seem to remember reading somewhere that ITFC has one of the oldest online football communities in the world?

There was a mailing list which fulfilled similar functions.
Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:52 - Apr 4 with 466 viewsBlueBadger

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:50 - Apr 4 by ZXBlue

There was a mailing list which fulfilled similar functions.

That's probably what I was thinking of.

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:54 - Apr 4 with 463 viewsbluefunk

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:49 - Apr 4 by BlueBadger

I think that might go back to the old BT research centre in Ipswich which created a prototype website for ITFC in the ‘80’s, IIRC
Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 14:05 - Apr 4 with 438 viewsPinewoodblue

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 13:54 - Apr 4 by bluefunk

I think that might go back to the old BT research centre in Ipswich which created a prototype website for ITFC in the ‘80’s, IIRC

First Microsoft TV adverts in UK included Town badge.

2023 year of destiny

Is it 25th anniversary of the message board this year? on 14:52 - Apr 4 with 400 viewsunstableblue

Think I remember you being on there from the start of the message board, Pinewood.

I think I was using Netscape Navigator and searching with Ask Jeeves!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024