Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give Aaron Drinan a new contract 16:04 - Apr 4 with 1935 viewsTractorFrog

Controversial opinion? Maybe, but I am convinced that Aaron Drinan deserves a new contract. Clearly, he is not good enough right now to get us promoted as the main striker next year, but he is good enough to be a backup, and there is clearly a lot of potential in him, despite the fact that he is not exactly a kid anymore. Two examples I can think of where Drinan was pure class were in that beautiful back pass to Teddy Bishop on the opening day against Wigan, which Bishop fired into the post; and that lovely touch against Burton in extra time which suddenly gave him a brilliant chance from nothing. Unfortunately, he messed up that chance, and his only flaw is that he is not a good finisher. But that is something that can be improved with practice, which is why I say he has great potential, and could be better than James Norwood in the future. He also fits perfectly into Cook's 4-2-3-1 system, but even if we are switching to wing-backs for the remainder of the season, I think he deserves a run of games, alongside Norwood, or Troy Parrott if Norwood's injury is a bad one. Last time he had a run of games was in pre-season, and he improved substantially in that time. Next year, I think we will need a new, championship-standard striker, but with James Norwood, Oli Hawkins, and Aaron Drinan as backup.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Give Aaron Drinan a new contract on 22:11 - Apr 4 with 333 viewsLowie

Absolutely no to a new contract.

Our squad is currently full to bursting with players not good enough for a promotion winning starting XI.

Our strikers are collectively really poor. I don't buy the argument re: no service from our midfield. It is their job, along with the midfielders to create chances. They don't create, they don't score.

Jackson and Drinan were absolutely awful on Friday. Sears was dreadful the previous game too. This is a running theme. None of these three should be with us going forwards.
Give Aaron Drinan a new contract on 08:08 - Apr 5 with 262 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I don’t think Aaron Drinan would start for Colchester.

Nothing against Colchester, but they’re always a handy bench mark in working out what value a player adds to our squad.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Give Aaron Drinan a new contract on 08:40 - Apr 5 with 251 viewshype313

Not for me, he was a cheap punt by Mick, can't imagine Cook thinks much more than a guy than can be a nuisance up front, doubtful he'll want to keep him on.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Give Aaron Drinan a new contract on 09:50 - Apr 5 with 214 viewsLeoMuff

Seen nothing for me to say he should get one, looks like we are playing 4321 next season, and that one needs to be scoring, mobile and pacy....

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Give Aaron Drinan a new contract on 10:06 - Apr 5 with 209 viewsDeano69

Appreciate your point. Totally valid if we want to continue building a League One side. Rather hoping our ambition is set higher. I might be disappointed though.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Give Aaron Drinan a new contract on 10:40 - Apr 5 with 197 viewsRobTheMonk

Years contract and send him on loan to a League 2 club. Incentive to go out and prove something.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024