Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker Problem ..... Academy question 09:32 - Apr 5 with 1873 viewsBelsteadCav

Surely we have some strikers in the academy we could play instead of Drinan or even Jackson.

If not, why not?

What’s gone wrong with the academy, if we can’t produce one striker. Are we still picking big boys and hoping to make them into footballers.

Now would be a good time to put a 17/18 yeah old up front. No fans, no pressure. They could just give us something different, like enthusiasm for actually playing football.

Without Norwood we just don’t look like scoring.

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:34 - Apr 5 with 1841 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:35 - Apr 5 with 1833 viewsSuffolkBlue11

Not seen a lot of Tyreece Simpson recently, perhaps he’s worth a shout
Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:37 - Apr 5 with 1828 viewsDubtractor

Am I right in thinking that some of the players nabbed by the bigger clubs (Ben Knight etc) tend to be strikers?

Strikers have always come with a premium price and so stands to reason that any half decent striker in the academy will catch the eye of bigger clubs.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:38 - Apr 5 with 1810 viewsKropotkin123

If I remember correctly, Morris was close, but got a long-term injury.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:39 - Apr 5 with 1800 viewsSuffolkBlue11

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:38 - Apr 5 by Kropotkin123

If I remember correctly, Morris was close, but got a long-term injury.

Two ACL injuries one after the other I think
Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:43 - Apr 5 with 1787 viewsKropotkin123

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:37 - Apr 5 by Dubtractor

Am I right in thinking that some of the players nabbed by the bigger clubs (Ben Knight etc) tend to be strikers?

Strikers have always come with a premium price and so stands to reason that any half decent striker in the academy will catch the eye of bigger clubs.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/where-ex-ipswich-academy-youngsters-ar

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 10:17 - Apr 5 with 1641 viewsMB26

I think the bigger problem is that the pathway for them is blocked as our squad is so bloated. A lot of our strikers in our youth set-up who you would consider for the first team simply haven't had a lot of gametime either with us or out on loan.

Ben Morris has suffered some awful injuries, back to back ACLs is horrendous at such a young age. Ben Folami has had a loan spell at Stevenage where he played very little football but has had injuries of his own. Tyreece Simpson is still very raw but is a great physical asset but he's had little to no gametime or a loan spell. Zak and Kai Brown are also in the same position.

Unfortunately for these young lads we aren't in a position to let them "have a go". I agree with a previous poster, I feel it's a creative issue as much as it is an issue for our strikers. That's where I'd like to see more of Dobra and El-Mizouni (if he hadn't gone out on loan) as opposed to loan signings like Harrop & Thomas.
Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 10:42 - Apr 5 with 1539 viewsitfcjoe

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 10:17 - Apr 5 by MB26

I think the bigger problem is that the pathway for them is blocked as our squad is so bloated. A lot of our strikers in our youth set-up who you would consider for the first team simply haven't had a lot of gametime either with us or out on loan.

Ben Morris has suffered some awful injuries, back to back ACLs is horrendous at such a young age. Ben Folami has had a loan spell at Stevenage where he played very little football but has had injuries of his own. Tyreece Simpson is still very raw but is a great physical asset but he's had little to no gametime or a loan spell. Zak and Kai Brown are also in the same position.

Unfortunately for these young lads we aren't in a position to let them "have a go". I agree with a previous poster, I feel it's a creative issue as much as it is an issue for our strikers. That's where I'd like to see more of Dobra and El-Mizouni (if he hadn't gone out on loan) as opposed to loan signings like Harrop & Thomas.

You’ve definitely hit the nail on the head here - over the years a number of players have scored a good amount of goals in U23s, but we can’t even find a place for them on the bench because the squad is so bloated.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 11:08 - Apr 5 with 1456 viewsjayessess

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 10:42 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

You’ve definitely hit the nail on the head here - over the years a number of players have scored a good amount of goals in U23s, but we can’t even find a place for them on the bench because the squad is so bloated.

That said, there aren't really any strikers ripping it up for U23s right now, are there?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 11:16 - Apr 5 with 1429 viewslongtimefan

This is what I love about this forum. Here we have someone complaining we only get in big blokes, while another thread yesterday was worried that we only get in small blokes.
Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 11:30 - Apr 5 with 1389 viewsBasuco

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:35 - Apr 5 by SuffolkBlue11

Not seen a lot of Tyreece Simpson recently, perhaps he’s worth a shout

I thought he looked a decent prospect when he made those few sub appearances.
Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 11:34 - Apr 5 with 1378 viewsitfcjoe

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 11:08 - Apr 5 by jayessess

That said, there aren't really any strikers ripping it up for U23s right now, are there?

Zak Brown isn’t far off a goal per game this season, but doesn’t seem to be being pushed on

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 12:56 - Apr 5 with 1178 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No pressure?

a) You know we are still in the play off hunt.
b) Have you read this board?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 13:17 - Apr 5 with 1106 viewsAce_High1

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 11:34 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

Zak Brown isn’t far off a goal per game this season, but doesn’t seem to be being pushed on

Because we have 30 senior players and squad filler.

Likes of Brown is they perform in Under 23's should be earning a place on the bench.

Exactly what happened 20 years ago, likes of Bowdith, Midgley etc, did it in the reserves earns a place on the bench for the weekend.

You don't need a squad of 30+ players, not sure why this has crept into fans mindsets over the last 10 years.

This is L1!!!
Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 13:30 - Apr 5 with 1046 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 13:17 - Apr 5 by Ace_High1

Likes of Brown is they perform in Under 23's should be earning a place on the bench.

Exactly what happened 20 years ago, likes of Bowdith, Midgley etc, did it in the reserves earns a place on the bench for the weekend.

You don't need a squad of 30+ players, not sure why this has crept into fans mindsets over the last 10 years.

This is L1!!!

To be fair, Magilton gave Bowditch plenty of chance and I don't think anyone ever really rated Midgley that highly.

I seem to recall that when Magilton first became manager he wanted to build the team around Bowditch. However, he simply wasn't good enough and eventually went down a level where he was a very decent performer.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 13:33 - Apr 5 with 1025 viewswkj

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 09:39 - Apr 5 by SuffolkBlue11

Two ACL injuries one after the other I think

Two ACLs so young? THat's his potential massively cut to shreds
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:30]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 13:55 - Apr 5 with 952 viewsitfcjoe

Striker Problem ..... Academy question on 13:17 - Apr 5 by Ace_High1

This is L1!!!

Yep, as per previous posts in the thread - it especially has held back players like El Mizouni and Dobra this season - just so many bodies in the way it's very tough to even get traiing with the first team let alone more than that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024