Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports Medicine Dept 11:23 - Apr 5 with 1245 viewsGeminiblue

Looking further depleted now, as see the Academy head of medicine & sports science left ITFC last week (said his goodbyes on his Twitter page). With Jim Henry presumably in Scotland still, surely leaves door open for whole department shake up in the summer.
Sports Medicine Dept on 11:35 - Apr 5 with 1188 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Sports Medicine Dept on 12:55 - Apr 5 with 1029 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The head of sports science had been here 9 years. In those 9 years, we've had awful recurring injury problems.

I don't want to be crass, but I hope the door hits him on the way out.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sports Medicine Dept on 12:59 - Apr 5 with 1010 views66notout

Sports Medicine Dept on 11:35 - Apr 5 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Don’t forget John McGreal.
Sports Medicine Dept on 14:00 - Apr 5 with 914 viewsChurchman

We’ve still got the ex-ARP bucket from WW2 and magic sponge. There’s also the old first aid tin with non-stick plasters and a few bandages. Add in a grizzled old bloke who can double as groundsman and what more do you need? Or get Bluey to do it. He always has a bit of time on his hooves after the match starts. If it’s a stretcher job, Crazee can help, assuming he’s finished cutting the half time oranges.

The level of injuries with a ‘Sports Medicine Dept’ has been laughably bad so why not save the money? On a serious note, it’s an neglected area of the club that desperately needs addressing urgently.
Sports Medicine Dept on 14:17 - Apr 5 with 869 viewswkj

The staff need a shake up. Bowman doesn't really seem to do anything, goal keeping coach doesn't seem to be doing much for Holy (and he's a bit of a tit on social media), sports science and physios have no real faith from any of us.

I think Gill and our U23/18 management structure seems fairly solid

I do actually have some question marks around Klug too - We have not really produced anyone spectacular from the Academy in a long time, and with the reports from the youngsters that felt bullied here being particularly damning on the set up - was Klug one that helped perpetuate this culture?

As I said - question marks, not accusations RE Klug.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:18]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sports Medicine Dept on 14:20 - Apr 5 with 852 viewschicoazul

Sports Medicine Dept on 14:17 - Apr 5 by wkj

The staff need a shake up. Bowman doesn't really seem to do anything, goal keeping coach doesn't seem to be doing much for Holy (and he's a bit of a tit on social media), sports science and physios have no real faith from any of us.

I think Gill and our U23/18 management structure seems fairly solid

I do actually have some question marks around Klug too - We have not really produced anyone spectacular from the Academy in a long time, and with the reports from the youngsters that felt bullied here being particularly damning on the set up - was Klug one that helped perpetuate this culture?

As I said - question marks, not accusations RE Klug.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:18]

All our best academy players leave or have left.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sports Medicine Dept on 14:28 - Apr 5 with 828 viewswkj

Sports Medicine Dept on 14:20 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

All our best academy players leave or have left.

This is true, but even the ones who have left or been poached have yet to generate significant revenue (for us or the team they joined) - the sort of thing that we would need in order to keep the club sustainable if Evans stepped aside for an owner with much less financial flexibility.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 14:31]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sports Medicine Dept on 14:31 - Apr 5 with 817 viewsblueoxford

Sports Medicine Dept on 14:00 - Apr 5 by Churchman

We’ve still got the ex-ARP bucket from WW2 and magic sponge. There’s also the old first aid tin with non-stick plasters and a few bandages. Add in a grizzled old bloke who can double as groundsman and what more do you need? Or get Bluey to do it. He always has a bit of time on his hooves after the match starts. If it’s a stretcher job, Crazee can help, assuming he’s finished cutting the half time oranges.

The level of injuries with a ‘Sports Medicine Dept’ has been laughably bad so why not save the money? On a serious note, it’s an neglected area of the club that desperately needs addressing urgently.

Talbot’s scar from the 1978 Cup Semi Final has just healed
Login to get fewer ads

Sports Medicine Dept on 20:05 - Apr 5 with 741 viewsChurchman

Sports Medicine Dept on 14:31 - Apr 5 by blueoxford

Talbot’s scar from the 1978 Cup Semi Final has just healed

Worth it for the goal though!!!
Sports Medicine Dept on 21:46 - Apr 5 with 641 viewsGeorge03

The main problem with the sport science department is most of the staff have been there for many years. Like in most workplaces unless you are constantly being watched and judged by those above you then you start to get complacent. Which has caused the club to fall years apart from everyone else.
Pretty sure when hurst joined and started using the GPS trackers, we were one of only a few clubs in the 92 that hadn’t. Tho that may of been down to MM rather that the department.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 21:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024