Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
But Corbyn 11:26 - Apr 5 with 841 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/04/05/keir-starmer-rachel-reeves-jesus-house-lab

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

But Corbyn on 12:26 - Apr 5 with 735 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/03/peter-tatchell-endorses-jeremy-corbyn-
But Corbyn on 14:22 - Apr 5 with 610 viewsmonytowbray

But Corbyn on 12:26 - Apr 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/03/peter-tatchell-endorses-jeremy-corbyn-

One was a meeting in 2009 and it’s now 2021.

The point however is a mass shift in standards yet again. I believe it’s called “Political Point Scoring”.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

But Corbyn on 14:31 - Apr 5 with 593 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So is no Labour leader ever allowed to visit a Mosque, even if the Mosque's community buildings were being used as a vaccine centre or food bank?

If we only ever talk to, or work with, those we agree with 100% on everything then we will find ourselves in very small ghettoes.

(I'm completely against that church's stance on homosexuality, by the way).
But Corbyn on 14:59 - Apr 5 with 554 viewsWD19

But Corbyn on 14:22 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

The point however is a mass shift in standards yet again. I believe it’s called “Political Point Scoring”.

I’m surprised you didn’t call him ‘Keith’ for added internet points.
But Corbyn on 15:00 - Apr 5 with 552 viewsDarth_Koont

But Corbyn on 14:31 - Apr 5 by ArnoldMoorhen

So is no Labour leader ever allowed to visit a Mosque, even if the Mosque's community buildings were being used as a vaccine centre or food bank?

If we only ever talk to, or work with, those we agree with 100% on everything then we will find ourselves in very small ghettoes.

(I'm completely against that church's stance on homosexuality, by the way).

Agree on the whole. Certainly in politics, you end up speaking with people and governments who you could never support on the basis of their more extreme views.

Problem here was that this was a photo-op at a church and vaccine centre when others are available. So careless more than anything else to go after a much more controversial choice than necessary.

As it stands, Labour aren’t doing so well over LGBQT+ issues (or BAME) so not a good look all round.

Pronouns: He/Him

But Corbyn on 15:04 - Apr 5 with 539 viewsJ2BLUE

But Corbyn on 14:22 - Apr 5 by monytowbray

I doubt most people would have cared if it was Corbyn. I certainly wouldn't.

Starmer was there for vaccine reasons. Someone else mentioned a mosqur and it's a good point because if he went to a mosque people would bend over backwards to make sure the world knew how great they thought it was.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

But Corbyn on 16:02 - Apr 5 with 473 viewstractordownsouth

I think this was definitely handled badly. Nothing wrong with going to a church that has helped during Covid but a quick google search could've uncovered the criticism Theresa May got for visiting the same church back in 2017 and they could've gone to another one instead.

LGBT Labour said they've received a private apology from Keir but I don't see why they can't also delete the original tweet - there isn't really any downside to him holding his hands up and apologising in a more obvious and public manner.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024