Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants 12:26 - Apr 5 with 4289 viewsPinewoodblue

Guess we all know what Boris will announce later. While the trade is very anti I’m sure they would change their minds if the alternative was, to retain social distancing, that the number allowed in each establishment was drastically reduced.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 12:31 - Apr 5 with 2699 viewsOldsmoker

You've queued for half-an-hour outside the nightclub with your covid passport grasped firmly in your hand.
The bouncer says "Sorry mate, No trainers"

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 12:44 - Apr 5 with 2637 viewsRobTheMonk

Instead of trying to act sober it'll be "Don't cough mate or they won't let us in".
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 12:52 - Apr 5 with 2615 viewsJ2BLUE

It's needed. With some sort of exemption for those not yet offered a vaccine so we don't go on punishing the young.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 12:57 - Apr 5 with 2593 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 12:52 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

It's needed. With some sort of exemption for those not yet offered a vaccine so we don't go on punishing the young.

Restricting numbers wouldn’t penalize anyone, in fact nightclubs would be busier earlier if you restricted numbers. Better option than a Covid passport.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 13:02 - Apr 5 with 2586 viewsJ2BLUE

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 12:57 - Apr 5 by Pinewoodblue

Restricting numbers wouldn’t penalize anyone, in fact nightclubs would be busier earlier if you restricted numbers. Better option than a Covid passport.

People want normal life back. People should not have to change their lifestyle for those who refuse a vaccine. I see no better solution than these passports.

Truly impaired.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:22 - Apr 5 with 2460 viewsfactual_blue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 12:52 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

The young can't be punished enough.

And of course people can only ever 'want' to go to a nightclub. There are no circumstances in which you 'need' to go to a nightclub.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:24 - Apr 5 with 2448 viewschicoazul

Rest assured friends I’ll be here in six weeks or so to remind you how I was right when I said these things are racist classist and deeply dumb.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:26 - Apr 5 with 2441 viewsJ2BLUE

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:24 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Rest assured friends I’ll be here in six weeks or so to remind you how I was right when I said these things are racist classist and deeply dumb.

Have a day off. Sometimes common sense needs to win.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:28 - Apr 5 with 2428 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cant believe Radio Suffolk are bumping Bedsheet Rich and Frank for Boris Johnson later.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:29 - Apr 5 with 2425 viewschicoazul

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:26 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

TWTD likes to think of itself as liberal and lefty. Yet you all always come down on the side of the authoritarian consensus. Many of the people you were all clapping a few months back and moaning about their 1% pay rise are the same people who you don’t want to be able to go to the pub or the cinema anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:30 - Apr 5 with 2418 viewssolemio

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:26 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

The real problem with common sense is that it is so uncommon/rare.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:56 - Apr 5 with 2380 viewsJ2BLUE

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:29 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

TWTD likes to think of itself as liberal and lefty. Yet you all always come down on the side of the authoritarian consensus. Many of the people you were all clapping a few months back and moaning about their 1% pay rise are the same people who you don’t want to be able to go to the pub or the cinema anymore.

Nonsense.

Are you suggesting NHS staff are going to reject the vaccine in great numbers?

Truly impaired.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:02 - Apr 5 with 2365 viewschicoazul

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 14:56 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Nonsense.

Are you suggesting NHS staff are going to reject the vaccine in great numbers?

Yes.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/28/quarter-nhs-staff-areas-refusing-cov
To say nothing of care workers too.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:06 - Apr 5 with 2355 viewsJ2BLUE

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:02 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Yes.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/28/quarter-nhs-staff-areas-refusing-cov

91% across the country.

Not sure how being thankful for the job they've done is linked to wanting them barred form pubs etc. They know more than anyone what this virus can do. It's their choice.

Truly impaired.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:10 - Apr 5 with 2340 viewsZXBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:02 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Yes.

9%. That is not a lot.

The headline is deliberately misleading.

If you choose not to, against all statistics and advice, then there is no good reason why you should be allowed to put others at risk.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:23 - Apr 5 with 2308 viewschicoazul

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:10 - Apr 5 by ZXBlue

9%. That is not a lot.

The headline is deliberately misleading.

If you choose not to, against all statistics and advice, then there is no good reason why you should be allowed to put others at risk.

Same for pregnant women I presume?

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:34 - Apr 5 with 2273 viewsZXBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:23 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Same for pregnant women I presume?

Yes. Unless there is a good reason.

Which currently there is, because the testing is not complete, but probably will not be longer term.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:39 - Apr 5 with 2256 viewschicoazul

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:34 - Apr 5 by ZXBlue

Yes. Unless there is a good reason.

Which currently there is, because the testing is not complete, but probably will not be longer term.

Ok. So pregnant women, people with religious reasons, cultural reasons, some carers, some NHS workers, asthmatics, people with underlying health conditions who are worried about the vaccine and nearly 25% of the BAME population are banned from public spaces in our new Jerusalem. How very TWTD.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:43 - Apr 5 with 2245 viewsZXBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:39 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Ok. So pregnant women, people with religious reasons, cultural reasons, some carers, some NHS workers, asthmatics, people with underlying health conditions who are worried about the vaccine and nearly 25% of the BAME population are banned from public spaces in our new Jerusalem. How very TWTD.

Nope. If you look carefully, I referred to people with a "good reason".

Which means people who genuinely can't have it should clearly be exempted. Unaware of any issue for ashmatics. In fact, they are in the group of people who are vulneable and should definitely have it.

You are desperately trying to make out that your position is about protecting other groups. I am not buying it.

Of course, if there are people that genuinely can't have it, that is all the more reason for everyone who can, to do so, or if they choose not to, to be excluded from crowded places where they increase the risk for those people who actually can't have it.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 15:44]
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 2226 viewsJ2BLUE

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:39 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

For me:

Pregnant women - exempt unless it's proven safe
Religious reasons - sorry but your beliefs don't override reality for other people. What religious beliefs are you talking about anyway?
Cultural reasons - as above
Carers/NHS workers - they have the option to take it
Asthmatics - what? I'm asthmatic, so is my dad. So is my grandad. None of us were told anything about the vaccines being in any way harmful
Underlying health conditions - exempt if it's genuinely questionable
BAME - people keep saying things like this but I am yet to discover why they are less likely to take the vaccine? I'm genuinely asking.

Truly impaired.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:52 - Apr 5 with 2214 viewsZXBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:51 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

For me:

Religious reasons - sorry but your beliefs don't override reality for other people. What religious beliefs are you talking about anyway?
Asthmatics - what? I'm asthmatic, so is my dad. So is my grandad. None of us were told anything about the vaccines being in any way harmful
BAME - people keep saying things like this but I am yet to discover why they are less likely to take the vaccine? I'm genuinely asking.

The BAME issue appears to be cultural in some areas. There is a need to tackle that.

I am unconvinced that is what is really at the heart of chico's objections.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:53 - Apr 5 with 2213 viewschicoazul

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:43 - Apr 5 by ZXBlue

Nope. If you look carefully, I referred to people with a "good reason".

Which means people who genuinely can't have it should clearly be exempted. Unaware of any issue for ashmatics. In fact, they are in the group of people who are vulneable and should definitely have it.

You are desperately trying to make out that your position is about protecting other groups. I am not buying it.

Of course, if there are people that genuinely can't have it, that is all the more reason for everyone who can, to do so, or if they choose not to, to be excluded from crowded places where they increase the risk for those people who actually can't have it.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 15:44]

A good reason, there we go. The authoritarian TWTD rears its ugly head once more.

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:53 - Apr 5 with 2211 views05Jchamb

Not against passports in principle if they increase vaccine take up but only once everyone has been offered one. I know Covid isn’t risk free for young people but I doubt we would have put the last year of restrictions in place if the whole population had the risk profile of under 30s.

Young people have suffered the brunt of the economic pain (and will continue to pay the costs for decades) alongside the social hardship we have all had to endure mainly to protect the vulnerable and elderly. This was clearly a necessary sacrifice for all of us but it would be pretty raw deal to then also see those same elderly and vulnerable people (who are rightly prioritised for a vaccine) enjoying preferential status for social restrictions.

Flip side of this I suppose is the desire to get the economy going again ASAP even if it isn’t equitable as this will benefit young people in the long run also. Would expect this to go hand in hand with a big upswing in breaches to Covid rules though.
Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:54 - Apr 5 with 2204 viewschicoazul

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:51 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

For me:

Ref BAME; https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-56114189
And https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-55937548

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:57 - Apr 5 with 2188 viewsZXBlue

Covid passports pubs/ nightclubs/ restaurants on 15:53 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

A good reason, there we go. The authoritarian TWTD rears its ugly head once more.

That makes no sense at all. but we do see what is really at the heart of the objection!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024