Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nobody can pass forwards 16:50 - Apr 5 with 1341 viewsStokieBlue

It's just a steady progression from wherever we are on the pitch to the centre backs or the keeper.

They don't have many options to pass forward but someone has to attempt it at some point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nobody can pass forwards on 16:52 - Apr 5 with 1318 viewsZXBlue

Hard to tell, on the telly, whether it is movement, choice of pass, combination fo the two, or something else.
Nobody can pass forwards on 16:55 - Apr 5 with 1278 viewshomer_123

It's the same old same old SB.

Slow, ponderous and pedestrian, on and off the ball.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nobody can pass forwards on 16:59 - Apr 5 with 1241 viewshoppy

Towards the end, I can’t remember who was on the ball in midfield, and another close by was pointing backwards, indicating where to pass it, rather than getting into a better position himself to give a forward option. Frustrating to watch.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 1215 viewsRadlett_blue

that has been absolutely the biggest problem with Town over the last couple of seasons. No-one taking a risk, trying a shot or cross or a pass forwards. The ball gets returned to the back 4 & then, if the opposition press us, the goalkeeper for an aimless hoof. If there was an actual intention to move the ball quickly forwards, there might be some purpose. The worst football I have seen from a so called professional team.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:04 - Apr 5 with 1202 views3_5_2

I would like to know how many backward passes Ward did in the game. A 35 year old playing wide left in a 5 and did not cross the ball once that I can remember If we are going to play 3 at the back then Kenny is the only option we have there, unless Edwards is switched assuming we have a RM fit / able

On recent performances I would struggle to name 5 players I would keep out of the 52 we have.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:05 - Apr 5 with 1190 viewsMrTown

Nobody can pass.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:08 - Apr 5 with 1170 viewsRadlett_blue

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:04 - Apr 5 by 3_5_2

I would like to know how many backward passes Ward did in the game. A 35 year old playing wide left in a 5 and did not cross the ball once that I can remember If we are going to play 3 at the back then Kenny is the only option we have there, unless Edwards is switched assuming we have a RM fit / able

On recent performances I would struggle to name 5 players I would keep out of the 52 we have.

One of the many examples of what is wrong with the bloated Town squad. Cook has given up on his preferred formation & gone to wing backs with a 35 year old solid pro at left wing back. I really hope there won't be so many square pegs in round holes next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 1161 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nobody can pass forwards on 16:59 - Apr 5 by hoppy

Towards the end, I can’t remember who was on the ball in midfield, and another close by was pointing backwards, indicating where to pass it, rather than getting into a better position himself to give a forward option. Frustrating to watch.

Harrop, pointing by Dozzell
Login to get fewer ads

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:17 - Apr 5 with 1131 viewschrismakin

Nobody can pass forwards on 16:59 - Apr 5 by hoppy

That was Harrop with Dobra. Dobra ended up passing backwards as harrop stood there pointing at dozzell.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:21 - Apr 5 with 1105 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It is like the whole philosophy has been about winning possession statistics inside our own half.

We need to inject pace into the game and showing real attacking intent. There were times where Rochdale pushed forward and had numerous players inside our box. Every time we go forward we do not commit players forward and inevitably look to pass the ball back to halfway.

The only real moment of genuine attacking intent I can remember from us was Dobra's run just after he came on and it nearly set up a great chance in the middle. The few times Edwards or Bishop went forward at all it ended with them turning and looking to pass the ball backwards.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:24 - Apr 5 with 1081 viewsIpswichFan26

To be fair, our movement off the ball is genuinely terrible too. Norwood is the only player capable of doing it anywhere close to 'consistently'. no one ever makes a good run, every player attacking player manages to get completely isolated and we have no choice but too turn and go back. And of course our passing is also terrible. It takes two sides to make a pass, one who actually passes and the one who makes the movement. It's a total disgrace that we are inept at both.

COYB

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:29 - Apr 5 with 1049 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:04 - Apr 5 by 3_5_2

Name 5 players I would keep:

Holy (because he is not the greatest problem, however I do wonder if we could do better).
KVY but we need to get him fit.
Downes but we need him fit and with the right attitude
Norwood - he can do it at this level but we need much more than just him from our strikers
Nsiala and Wilson - they have been effective as a defensive partnership.
Aside from them, whatever we can move on and replace with players that Cook trusts makes full sense.

Probably keep Kenlock and Doncien, Dobra, El Mizouni, Baggott and McGavin too.

Of course, there are a lot he won't be able to move on and he will need to utilise or do something with as best he can. Anyone else who stays is going to have to step up a gear massively to feature in the first team squad.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

[Redacted] on 17:30 - Apr 5 with 1041 viewsvictorywilhappen

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:09 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

Harrop, pointing by Dozzell

[Redacted]
Nobody can pass forwards on 17:34 - Apr 5 with 1012 viewspointofblue

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:29 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Name 5 players I would keep:

Holy (because he is not the greatest problem, however I do wonder if we could do better).
KVY but we need to get him fit.
Downes but we need him fit and with the right attitude
Norwood - he can do it at this level but we need much more than just him from our strikers
Nsiala and Wilson - they have been effective as a defensive partnership.
Aside from them, whatever we can move on and replace with players that Cook trusts makes full sense.

Probably keep Kenlock and Doncien, Dobra, El Mizouni, Baggott and McGavin too.

Of course, there are a lot he won't be able to move on and he will need to utilise or do something with as best he can. Anyone else who stays is going to have to step up a gear massively to feature in the first team squad.

He should be able to make something out of Woolfenden as well I would have thought, and possibly Chambers as a centre back. Basically if keeping hold of our defenders means we can rebuild our midfield and attack then so be it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:36 - Apr 5 with 1007 viewsParky

Our midfield was completely missing all game long. The sooner Cook can get some of his own men in, the better.

Dozzell and Bishop just don’t cut it, not good enough. (Nor are at least 8 of the others for that matter) but week after week we continue to play with this dire midfield that create absolutely nothing.
Nobody can pass forwards on 17:41 - Apr 5 with 988 viewsbluejacko

Just how much longer can people not see NONE of them are much cop!
Game after game they bottle it. Cook won’t be able to do it but the whole lot of them need to go😡
Nobody can pass forwards on 17:44 - Apr 5 with 967 viewspointofblue

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:36 - Apr 5 by Parky

Our midfield was completely missing all game long. The sooner Cook can get some of his own men in, the better.

Dozzell and Bishop just don’t cut it, not good enough. (Nor are at least 8 of the others for that matter) but week after week we continue to play with this dire midfield that create absolutely nothing.

To be fair, we play with this midfield because we have no other options. Who else can we bring in in the middle?

In fairness to Dozzell and Bishop they looked better on slightly different positions - Bishop’s best game by far this season came playing as a number of ten and Downes provides the much needed support to let them go forward more. I think we’re seriously missing him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:58 - Apr 5 with 927 viewsParky

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:44 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

To be fair, we play with this midfield because we have no other options. Who else can we bring in in the middle?

In fairness to Dozzell and Bishop they looked better on slightly different positions - Bishop’s best game by far this season came playing as a number of ten and Downes provides the much needed support to let them go forward more. I think we’re seriously missing him.

Just because they’re “all we’ve got” doesn’t make them good enough, unfortunately.

Dozzell has played 34 times and Bishop 29 times this season and neither have done absolutely anything of note, apart from one or two good games. Is that really acceptable, rather than finding excuses about positions?

For the record, I’m not pinpointing it on them two specifically as frankly, the whole side hasn’t been good enough. I am however, getting pretty fed up of people excusing them week after week after putting in rubbish performances getting outplayed by sides like Rochdale’s midfield.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 17:59]
Nobody can pass forwards on 18:13 - Apr 5 with 883 viewsPinewoodblue

Nobody can pass forwards on 17:05 - Apr 5 by MrTown

Nobody can pass.

Next time you watch a game and want to groan about it being passed backward, or across the pitch, ask yourself who had made themselves available to take a pass. The most common answer will be none of them.

I want to hear the next player put up to speak telling us what they personally need to do to bring about change. These media classroom responses we keep getting are meaningless.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024