Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but 16:54 - Apr 5 with 3487 viewshomer_123

the Cowleys have made a decent start with Pompey haven't they?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:55 - Apr 5 with 1872 viewsphillev231069

Nobody can turn around this lot, they don't care!
I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:55 - Apr 5 with 1850 viewsStokieBlue

Portsmouth weren't actually that bad, they were right up there before the run that got Jacket sacked.

We have been poor all year.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:55 - Apr 5 with 1833 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Frankly, The Cowleys have much better players at their disposal.
You could put Pep Guardiola in here and you'd get the same result.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:56 - Apr 5 with 1792 viewsCoco

I would say I feel more sorry for Cook for choosing us. Cowley's got the good deal.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:56 - Apr 5 with 1783 viewsRegencyBlue

True, but they have more to work with than this shower of sh1te!
I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:56 - Apr 5 with 1790 viewshomer_123

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:55 - Apr 5 by StokieBlue

Portsmouth weren't actually that bad, they were right up there before the run that got Jacket sacked.

SB

Not saying the Cowleys could have got us going.

Just that we continue to 'not' get a new manager bounce.

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:56 - Apr 5 with 1774 viewschrismakin

Very different squad of players. Not afraid to attack never have been. In around the play offs yearly. Just went stale under previous manager

This lot cant even get a shot on target against Rochdale.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:56 - Apr 5 with 1765 viewsHerbivore

Pompey were top 6 last season and top 6 most of this season prior to a dip. Much easier to turn that around than a side that has been dross for 3 years and where the last manager was sacked at least a year too late.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:57 - Apr 5 with 1712 viewsjayessess

We are somehow getting worse.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:57 - Apr 5 with 1698 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's fair to say had we appointed the Cowleys and Cook had gone to Pompey, it's still likely they'd have had a new manager bounce and not us. It's the way Evan's decisions roll.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:57 - Apr 5 with 1672 viewsreusersfreekicks

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:55 - Apr 5 by StokieBlue

SB

True, but we seem to have got worse under PC
Pompey have not had season after season after season of attacking intent... on 16:58 - Apr 5 with 1633 viewsunstableblue

.... sucked out the team!!

But yes I am massively concerned by the state of today’s performance

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:59 - Apr 5 with 1629 viewschrismakin

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:57 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

It's not worse. Far from it. Its exactly how it has been for months.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:00 - Apr 5 with 1589 viewsblueprint

Cook has a bunch of clueless poor quality players to choose from. Portsmouth just needed some fresh ideas. To be honest we’re punching above our weight in this league with what we have at our disposal.
I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:00 - Apr 5 with 1586 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s the players. Cook has tried different starting elevens and formations.

The players are spineless.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:02 - Apr 5 with 1545 viewshomer_123

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:57 - Apr 5 by jayessess

We are somehow getting worse.

We've certainly not seen any immediate, short term, improvements.

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:02 - Apr 5 with 1542 viewsTheBoyBlue

I always thought that this squad just needed to be guided towards promotion and perhaps at some point that might have been true. They have shown that when at their best that they are too good for most teams in this division.

However, clearly they aren't interested, they've been rotting away too long. Paul Cook seems to have tried everything in terms of formation, he's tried being stern, he's tried being gentle, but this squad is just not going to do it.

Hopefully a summer with a squad that he wants will see Cook work his magic. Although how much a squad he gets with Evans holding the purse-strings...

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 1514 viewsphillev231069

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:59 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

It's not worse. Far from it. Its exactly how it has been for months.

It's going to be unfair to judge Cook with the dross at his disposal at the moment, forget this season and look towards the next one then we will see what Cook has about him and maybe he will have a squad that gives a Toss!
I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 1513 viewsJuggsy

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 16:57 - Apr 5 by reusersfreekicks

Nobody could turn this around. It must be like banging your head against a wall trying to instil any new ideas in this shower of sh!te, clear out is the only option in my opinion.

Not one player at this club deserves to be safe from the chop.
I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 1502 viewswkj

The Cowley brothers were my first choice too, but I doubt they'd have faired any better.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:04 - Apr 5 with 1460 viewsTIB

Can’t polish a turd and all that!!!

Cook is the man to help us get out of this league but this squad is bang average and needs a full overhaul this summer.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:04 - Apr 5 with 1460 viewsMrTown

You are talking about two completely different crops of players, a complete difference in mentality and ability.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:06 - Apr 5 with 1423 viewswkj

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:04 - Apr 5 by TIB

Can’t polish a turd and all that!!!

Cook is the man to help us get out of this league but this squad is bang average and needs a full overhaul this summer.

Can you do a new line tib

Just tip Carling Black label into the bottles and call it "Chairman of the Bored"

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:06 - Apr 5 with 1421 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's a marathon not a sprint.

If the Cowleys can get them through the play-offs successfully, will they be able to manage in the Championship with what they have? I trust Cook to sort this mess out better than they would have done. There is a lot of sorting out for someone to do here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'm not saying I'm disappointed with Cook being appointed but on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 1371 viewspatrickswell

Cook is a perfect Evans appointment - jam tomorrow, wait till you see what we’re doing in the summer and all that jive.

The Cowleys might have done a better job but then I remember the squad they would be working with and I can just about convince myself that we’d have seen the same set of results.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 17:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024