Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disinterested In The Club Right Now. 18:55 - Apr 5 with 3061 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

For the first time in 52 years of supporting this once revered and respected club, i really can't be arsed at the moment to get emotionally involved with what is going on both on and off the field.
I was pleased with the appointment of Paul Cook, thought he may get a tune out of some of the vastly inflated squad he has inherited and that the run in to the end of the season might spark a degree of excitement, but alas, nothing has managed to rouse any interest at all.
Not putting any blame on PC, as he obviously has one hell of a rebuilding job on his hands, but the fact i have gone and tended some gardens on Good Friday and today rather than stay in the warm and watch on i-follow with a beer or three speaks volumes.
Don't even feel sad either, that feeling left me a while back.
I hope Mr Evans and the prospective buyers can come to an agreement and the club can once again get our pulses racing.
I live in faint hope.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:26 - Apr 5 with 2979 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yep, today feels like a new like a new low.

Cook hasn’t had the affect we all hoped for, but that’s not really his fault, the squad is awful.

Clear we arent going up this season and it seems the players have thrown in the towel.

RIP Sir Bobby

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:26 - Apr 5 with 2975 viewsjeera

I don't understand your new username.

Please change it back.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:29 - Apr 5 with 2967 viewsjeera

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:26 - Apr 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Yep, today feels like a new like a new low.

Cook hasn’t had the affect we all hoped for, but that’s not really his fault, the squad is awful.

Clear we arent going up this season and it seems the players have thrown in the towel.

The appointment was too late wasn't it, everyone knew that.

How on earth can it be a good idea to bring in a new man after the last window of the bloody season for pity's sake.

"Here's some even more of the last manager's mess - there you go, good luck".

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:33 - Apr 5 with 2955 viewsWallingford_Boy

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:29 - Apr 5 by jeera

How on earth can it be a good idea to bring in a new man after the last window of the bloody season for pity's sake.

Oh definitely.

I just hoped he may have got the best from the technical players at least, but they’ve gone backwards if anything.

It’s a proper mess.

RIP Sir Bobby

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 2931 viewsjeera

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:33 - Apr 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Oh definitely.

I just hoped he may have got the best from the technical players at least, but they’ve gone backwards if anything.

It’s a proper mess.

I know, we all hoped for something, but what seems apparent is the ideas he has are a different world to what this lot are capable of, so needs to build his own squad.

It's impossible to judge someone when they're working with someone else's tools.

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:36 - Apr 5 with 2931 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:29 - Apr 5 by jeera

Evans thinking was probably along the lines of - A new man before the window will want a budget. I'll wait and see what Paul can do.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:37 - Apr 5 with 2923 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'm disappointed that Cook hasn't been able to get more out of the players, but I realised a couple of weeks ago that if they weren't going to up their game for a new manager with the success he's had and enthusiasm he's got, then clearly they're never going to do it. At that point I gave up on any notion of us going up this season. We might get to the play-offs, but only because the division is so poor and even if we do we're not going to be good enough to win them.

Therefore, today didn't change much for me. Just one less game before a summer where hopefully Cook can do something, I'm hoping backed by new owners able to finance a competitive team rather than simply tread water.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:38 - Apr 5 with 2915 viewsjeera

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:36 - Apr 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Evans thinking was probably along the lines of - A new man before the window will want a budget. I'll wait and see what Paul can do.

Quite possibly Chelters, quite possibly.

Login to get fewer ads

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:48 - Apr 5 with 2878 viewsMB26

I gave up watching us after the Pompey defeat in the FA Cup in November in terms of paying for iFollow, that was on the 7th November.

I've watched us twice since then our defeat to Sunderland on Sky and our defeat to Gillingham in Cook's first game

I won't be watching us again this season, I don't think I'd even have the stomach to watch us fail in the playoffs (not that we are getting there).

This is a huge summer for the club, season tickets will be down already as it is with COVID but honestly what have we got to go back for? The only thing I miss about matchdays is the time with my mates. The games are always an afterthought. There's little to nothing to make me want a season ticket right now.
Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:00 - Apr 7 with 2659 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Interested again. Pulse is racing again. COYFB.
A new start, a clear out of the deadwood and put people in the right jobs throughout the club and some sensible investment. Cautiously optimistic about our clubs future.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:02 - Apr 7 with 2622 viewsRobTheMonk

A welcome shot in the arm has suddenly appeared!
Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:04 - Apr 7 with 2595 viewsRyorry

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:00 - Apr 7 by StochesStotasBlewe

Interested again. Pulse is racing again. COYFB.
A new start, a clear out of the deadwood and put people in the right jobs throughout the club and some sensible investment. Cautiously optimistic about our clubs future.

Recognise the avatar, but have forgotten your previous username & it's niggling at me - help pls! PinewoodBoy? PinewoodBlueBoy? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 2540 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:04 - Apr 7 by Ryorry

Recognise the avatar, but have forgotten your previous username & it's niggling at me - help pls! PinewoodBoy? PinewoodBlueBoy? 🤔

Pinewoodblueboy.

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:26 - Apr 7 with 2496 viewsRyorry

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:15 - Apr 7 by StochesStotasBlewe

Pinewoodblueboy.

Cheers :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 10:09 - May 17 with 2184 viewsTieDyedIn95

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 19:48 - Apr 5 by MB26

I gave up watching us after the Pompey defeat in the FA Cup in November in terms of paying for iFollow, that was on the 7th November.

I've watched us twice since then our defeat to Sunderland on Sky and our defeat to Gillingham in Cook's first game

I won't be watching us again this season, I don't think I'd even have the stomach to watch us fail in the playoffs (not that we are getting there).

This is a huge summer for the club, season tickets will be down already as it is with COVID but honestly what have we got to go back for? The only thing I miss about matchdays is the time with my mates. The games are always an afterthought. There's little to nothing to make me want a season ticket right now.

What about now?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 10:35 - May 17 with 2011 viewsBlueBlood90

Really? Ironically this is the most interested I've been in 10 years.

New owners who are showing a bit of ambition and a manager hell bent on shaking the malaise that's been coursing through our veins since 2007.

How can it be any less interesting than what we've been served up for the last 15 years?

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 11:25 - May 17 with 1790 viewsborge

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 10:35 - May 17 by BlueBlood90

Really? Ironically this is the most interested I've been in 10 years.

New owners who are showing a bit of ambition and a manager hell bent on shaking the malaise that's been coursing through our veins since 2007.

How can it be any less interesting than what we've been served up for the last 15 years?

Check out the date when the OP was written.
Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 11:30 - May 17 with 1752 viewsSwansea_Blue

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 11:25 - May 17 by borge

Yep, this is a flashback to where we were only a handful of weeks ago. How quickly things have changed (although they'd obviously been working on this behind the scenes for yonks).

I'm exceedingly interested to see where we go from here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 11:31 - May 17 with 1742 viewsWonTheCupin78

Mr Evans and the prospective buyers?????
Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 11:32 - May 17 with 1730 viewsWonTheCupin78

Oh date
Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 11:34 - May 17 with 1711 viewsSomethingBlue

No, you were uninterested.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 11:43 - May 17 with 1638 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Agree. It'll take a hell of a turnaround to get me anywhere near back to where my brain once was with Town. Win, draw or lose, it doesn't really bother me anymore.

All my great memories of following Ipswich are sadly in the past.

I've replaced this with taking an interest in local football and I'm forming a new football club. Much more interesting and will bring more pleasure than Town has over recent seasons.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 12:19 - May 17 with 1482 viewsBlueBlood90

Disinterested In The Club Right Now. on 11:25 - May 17 by borge

Apologies!

I can concur that I was feeling the exact same back then!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024