Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four out of four for Cowley.. 19:22 - Apr 5 with 3743 viewsWallingford_Boy

Completely turned Pompey around.

RIP Sir Bobby

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 21:45 - Apr 5 with 1164 viewsBlueandTruesince82

You cant compare the 2 situations though. There are serious mentality issues within this club that will take time to breakdown.

Thats why we need to see a decent turnover of players this year. It's not that they are bad (Well not all if them) it's that they have a collective mentality now. We.will look at some who leave over the summer and think how did we not get that out of them? And I really think it is a mental block bigger than the sun of its parts.

I think thats the biggest reason for letting Chambo go, he's seen too much decline here and we won't know it but that impacts people, it does so without us realising. It's human nature.

I think Ward apart the defence won't change much and I expect Chambo to stay in all honesty but hopefully less involved in matchday. We need a LB even if Kenlock does claim the place, wingers, a striker and probs a GK.

Midfield, I don't know where to start TBH.... if we got good money maybe move them all on. Judge and Huws purely for wage/value for money alone need to go.

Give Cook time then judge.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 22:10 - Apr 5 with 1135 viewstextbackup

we don't have players capable, with the character, or ability, to win 4/4 regardless of the manager.
pressure is on and our drips cant face it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 22:32 - Apr 5 with 1122 viewsradiogaga

Completely turning them around is a bit of an exaggeration given that he has only been there for 4 games, but he's definitely helped get their season back on track.

Not forgetting that he has inherited a squad that has made the play offs in each of the previous 2 seasons. Unlike us, they have a squad that has actually proven it is one of the best in the league. With all due respect, Cook would have walked into that club and had a pretty similar impact.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 22:36]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 04:17 - Apr 6 with 1075 viewsBlueBadger

Don't know why you're so sad Wallers. You were loving unconvincing wins and ineffectual draws before Christmas.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 04:18 - Apr 6 with 1072 viewschrismakin

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 04:17 - Apr 6 by BlueBadger

Don't know why you're so sad Wallers. You were loving unconvincing wins and ineffectual draws before Christmas.

Long nightshift Badger?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 08:03 - Apr 6 with 1029 viewsjas0999

Portsmouth have a better squad than us. That said, it’s unusual not to get some sort of reaction when theirs a change of manager.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 09:46 - Apr 6 with 999 viewsWallingford_Boy

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 04:17 - Apr 6 by BlueBadger

Don’t think I’m the sad one mate x

RIP Sir Bobby

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 16:36 - May 25 with 864 viewsBlueBertie

Doh. 🤦‍♂️🤣
Login to get fewer ads

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 18:23 - May 25 with 801 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:33 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

If Cook cant motivate you what makes you think the cowleys would do better out of interest.

PC has done nothing but try and bring up their moral and mentalities despite their continued rubbish performances as players.

Cowleys have taken on a portsmouth squad who have finished in and around the playoffs for the past 2 and abit seasons. Havent had any issues with attacking. It just went stale under a manager who'd been there for a while.

Cook got the short straw in taking over town imo.

'PC has done nothing but try and bring up their moral and mentalities despite their continued rubbish performances as players.'

Has he though? From what people are saying he told them most of them wouldn't have a future under him from day 1, despite his cheeky chappy I'm going to give them all a cuddle front to the media.

Very quickly started slagging them off as a group soon after too.

Let's be honest, for a bunch of players already pretty much broken by the previous regime that isnt exactly gonna work wonders for their moral.
[Post edited 25 May 2021 18:25]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 19:30 - May 25 with 723 viewsChurchman

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 18:23 - May 25 by OriginalMarkyP

'PC has done nothing but try and bring up their moral and mentalities despite their continued rubbish performances as players.'

Has he though? From what people are saying he told them most of them wouldn't have a future under him from day 1, despite his cheeky chappy I'm going to give them all a cuddle front to the media.

Let's be honest, for a bunch of players already pretty much broken by the previous regime that isnt exactly gonna work wonders for their moral.

So you have moved from ‘what people are saying’ to fact. Where you there? If so I’ll take your word for it. If you were not, I will view it as just speculation to fit the widely supported Cook out narrative.

As for slaughtering them publicly after yet another abject performance, it seems many prefer the Lambert style ‘the players were brilliant, gave 100%, the lads were unlucky, I was great at Dortmund’ approach. Utter fobbing off the public in other words.

Personally I wish he’d just said ‘you all saw it, there will be changes at the seasons end’ and left it at that. But I fully understand why lost it after the players hung him out to dry.
Four out of four for Cowley.. on 10:21 - May 26 with 597 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Absolute rubbish.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Four out of four for Cowley.. on 14:34 - May 26 with 543 viewsvanmunt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024