Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ST renewals 23:09 - Apr 5 with 1096 viewstextbackup

Mentioned this earlier, if they are traditionally released this week, or around this time, then in an ideal world you'd think any possible takeover would be confirmed, or flatty denied, wouldn't you?

ME's pricing could be miles off what the new guys would set.

is this all going to fall nicely into place, takeover confirmed, a big speech we all get wet over, ST's prices released, we all rush out and buy, and all lie happily ever after.

na, this is Ipswich...…

ST prices come out, no more is said about takeover, release most of squad, bring in equally sht replacements, cook walks as he cant have his name dragged through mud.

Evans reins supreme.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

ST renewals on 23:11 - Apr 5 with 1078 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm going out on loan for a month or so at 5pm Friday if the takeover hasn't been confirmed.

Can't deal with more disappointment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ST renewals on 23:12 - Apr 5 with 1072 viewsHerbivore

Assuming takeover doesn't happen I imagine it's going to be a tough decision for quite a few fans this year whether to get a ST or not.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

ST renewals on 23:14 - Apr 5 with 1059 viewstextbackup

ST renewals on 23:11 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

I'm going out on loan for a month or so at 5pm Friday if the takeover hasn't been confirmed.

Can't deal with more disappointment.

not a clue on these Americans, however, honestly anything is better than ME. 15 years of decline. utterly pointless us continuing as a club under his mismanagement.

ST renewals on 23:15 - Apr 5 with 1053 viewstextbackup

ST renewals on 23:12 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

Assuming takeover doesn't happen I imagine it's going to be a tough decision for quite a few fans this year whether to get a ST or not.

for me its easy, I support the manager and players, not the owner.

i'll be back to show PC a level of commitment that I feel he wold deserve.

ST renewals on 23:24 - Apr 5 with 1020 viewsLankHenners

In typical ME fashion whatever the decision is it'll be dragged out and done in such a way to somehow end up annoying everyone. You can see it now "I'm still as committed as ever and determined to take this club back to where it belongs", totally oblivious that his terrible ownership is the reason the club is in such a state.

Think Evans could be in for a bit of a shock though in terms of renewals assuming no takeover - getting rid of Lambert was one step but far from the only one and the anger has turned back onto him. Sure there'll be a fair amount who are just looking forward to watching live football again and willing to give Cook a summer and a season to put things right but a decent amount fed up with the club. A takeover and the scene completely changes.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 23:25]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

ST renewals on 23:50 - Apr 5 with 943 viewswkj

Evans will trop out some inspirational prattle that most of us will inevitably fall for.

I honestly think if he gave STs away next season we'd fall short of filling the stadium (unless we tear it up of course)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

ST renewals on 06:12 - Apr 6 with 833 viewsYallop

ST renewals on 23:12 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

Easy decision for me. There's still nothing more I'd rather do on a Saturday afternoon than going to watch the Town.
ST renewals on 09:37 - Apr 6 with 619 viewsHerbivore

ST renewals on 06:12 - Apr 6 by Yallop

Easy decision for me. There's still nothing more I'd rather do on a Saturday afternoon than going to watch the Town.

I imagine that will be the case for a core of 7k or so but there will be others who find it a much tougher decision after a year away and another year where we've been really, really poor. Cook's honeymoon period will be waning soon and if there's no takeover there's not all that much for the fans to look forward to.

Login to get fewer ads

ST renewals on 09:39 - Apr 6 with 609 viewsyesjohn99

ST renewals on 09:37 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

I imagine that will be the case for a core of 7k or so but there will be others who find it a much tougher decision after a year away and another year where we've been really, really poor. Cook's honeymoon period will be waning soon and if there's no takeover there's not all that much for the fans to look forward to.

Before the lock down I genuinely thought that was nothing else to do on a Saturday. Even with the country shut down I’ve realised that it isn’t true.

Would I feel different if we were a lot better? Probably. Not sure what I’m going to do next season.
ST renewals on 09:44 - Apr 6 with 593 viewsGlasgowBlue

ST renewals on 06:12 - Apr 6 by Yallop

I think numbers will be better than expected as people haven’t been able to go to matches for over a year.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

ST renewals on 09:48 - Apr 6 with 572 viewsSteve_M

If Evans is still in charge I'm really questioning what I'll do, I've had a season ticket since 1992 with the exception of the time I was at uni and the last year before so I could work on Saturdays. I've missed the social side of football but not the travel and rail replacement buses but, far more than that, the club is in terminal decline under Evans and I really don't know why I should keep contributing to his failure.

I suspect I'll end up renewing based on the fact the only league matches I've not watched this season were Blackpool and Accrington when I was away in October. I have serious doubts though in a way I've not had before.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

ST renewals on 09:53 - Apr 6 with 555 viewsHerbivore

ST renewals on 09:44 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

I think numbers will be better than expected as people haven’t been able to go to matches for over a year.

That's been a blessing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024