Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Paul Cook Should Do........ 23:50 - Apr 5 with 946 viewschrismakin

There's a fair few posts now, and on other social media sites about results not being great under PC, some saying they are worse etc etc

But i've yet to see anyone say what they believe Paul Cook should be doing as a manager that he is not

Is he motivational - Yes, you only have to ask all his previous players and those around club to know he is one of the best motivational speakers in the game
Has he tried various formations - Yes
Has he tried different players - yes
has he over complicated football - No
has he made subs - yes
has he picked the right team - i'd say yes as not really much you can do with this squad
Does he coach from the sidelines - yes

So genuine question for those who feel results have not been good enough - - what should PC be doing that he's not been doing.....

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:03 - Apr 6 with 891 viewsnoubledooble

Drop Dozzell. He’s the one thing he hasn’t changed. Defence has been ok whoever has played. He’s changed the so called attacking midfield players many times during games, he’s tried all our strikers now, the only constant is Dozzell. For me he offers nothing. Even when Downes was available he’s still played. He’s not totally to blame but in such a key position we need something better. If Downes is fit he should come in to replace him not alongside him.
What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:05 - Apr 6 with 883 viewschrismakin

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:03 - Apr 6 by noubledooble

Drop Dozzell. He’s the one thing he hasn’t changed. Defence has been ok whoever has played. He’s changed the so called attacking midfield players many times during games, he’s tried all our strikers now, the only constant is Dozzell. For me he offers nothing. Even when Downes was available he’s still played. He’s not totally to blame but in such a key position we need something better. If Downes is fit he should come in to replace him not alongside him.

Yep agree, time to see midfield without him, Downes with Bish the most likely option. Although even Bish needs to up his game

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:07 - Apr 6 with 876 viewsnoubledooble

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:05 - Apr 6 by chrismakin

Yep agree, time to see midfield without him, Downes with Bish the most likely option. Although even Bish needs to up his game

Yes Bishop was poor today but him and Downes on Saturday hopefully.
What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:08 - Apr 6 with 871 viewschrismakin

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:07 - Apr 6 by noubledooble

Yes Bishop was poor today but him and Downes on Saturday hopefully.

Do we have an alternative to Edwards?
I can see Bennetts going left side now he's back, Edwards has now had 7 games to get back his form, but he's clearly in summer mode.

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:16 - Apr 6 with 861 viewsnoubledooble

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:08 - Apr 6 by chrismakin

Do we have an alternative to Edwards?
I can see Bennetts going left side now he's back, Edwards has now had 7 games to get back his form, but he's clearly in summer mode.

Bennetts is definitely a better option for me. Edwards has been awful since returning from injury. Dobra has done enough to deserve a start for me just a shame Lancester hasn’t quite pushed on.
What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:21 - Apr 6 with 853 viewspointofblue

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:16 - Apr 6 by noubledooble

Bennetts is definitely a better option for me. Edwards has been awful since returning from injury. Dobra has done enough to deserve a start for me just a shame Lancester hasn’t quite pushed on.

Why do so many of our players not look the same after injury - Dozzell, Edwards, Lankester, to an extent Bishop... none of them have hit the form or promise shown prior to injury.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:26 - Apr 6 with 852 viewspointofblue

I mentioned this on Joe’s thread but, for me, the players need to get the fun of the game back. Somehow get them to go out there and enjoy themselves, try and take the pressure off and let them try things. The key is not to worry about making mistakes but maybe we as fans need to play a part there - any error is immediately met with cries of sell/release him at the moment.

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:27 - Apr 6 with 848 viewschrismakin

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:21 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

Why do so many of our players not look the same after injury - Dozzell, Edwards, Lankester, to an extent Bishop... none of them have hit the form or promise shown prior to injury.

I think it's rushing back to soon, we never hear of our players getting 20, 30 minutes with the u23s for a few weeks, they just suddenly rock up for the first team.

Login to get fewer ads

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:30 - Apr 6 with 845 viewstextbackup

he's made his mind up on who to keep and who to ditch.

he should make them aware of this, and ony play the guys hes wants going forwards.

but make them aware that his mind could easily change if they don't wake up and fight for him/us/the badge.

and see what the drips are made of

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:32 - Apr 6 with 838 viewschrismakin

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:30 - Apr 6 by textbackup

he's made his mind up on who to keep and who to ditch.

he should make them aware of this, and ony play the guys hes wants going forwards.

but make them aware that his mind could easily change if they don't wake up and fight for him/us/the badge.

and see what the drips are made of

"but make them aware that his mind could easily change if they don't wake up and fight for him/us/the badge."

Problem with that, do we even have 1 player that actually gives a sht about the club?

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:33 - Apr 6 with 831 viewspointofblue

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:32 - Apr 6 by chrismakin

"but make them aware that his mind could easily change if they don't wake up and fight for him/us/the badge."

Problem with that, do we even have 1 player that actually gives a sht about the club?

I think we do; the issue runs far deeper than not giving a damn.

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:35 - Apr 6 with 821 viewstextbackup

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:33 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

I think we do; the issue runs far deeper than not giving a damn.

in what way?

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:40 - Apr 6 with 810 viewspointofblue

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:35 - Apr 6 by textbackup

in what way?

It’s like I said in the other thread, I think they’re very low on confidence and are almost depressed as a group. As a collective, they hate being here and have lost their love of the game. And in January the only new voices who came in were youngsters who could hardly offer any new advice or motivation. Everything about the club is rudderless and that means all is drifting.

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:48 - Apr 6 with 784 viewstextbackup

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:40 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

It’s like I said in the other thread, I think they’re very low on confidence and are almost depressed as a group. As a collective, they hate being here and have lost their love of the game. And in January the only new voices who came in were youngsters who could hardly offer any new advice or motivation. Everything about the club is rudderless and that means all is drifting.

sorry, you know what I did read that on the other thread, but forgot it was you that posted it.

we needed another Richie wellens to come in and call this lot out for what they are.

im not buying/having they find it hard because of covid etc..... multiple other clubs/players are dealing with it just fine

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:56 - Apr 6 with 766 viewschrismakin

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:48 - Apr 6 by textbackup

sorry, you know what I did read that on the other thread, but forgot it was you that posted it.

we needed another Richie wellens to come in and call this lot out for what they are.

im not buying/having they find it hard because of covid etc..... multiple other clubs/players are dealing with it just fine

This is my biggest gripe about Chambers and yes I know it's my thoughts, there is no evidence i can submit to have these thoughts

BUT, on matchdays, on postmatch comments, during the game, Chambers does not look to me like a captain who is pushing his team, he should be driving it forward, demanding high levels of energy during the game, but you hear and see nothing of him doing it.

sad tone " we must do better, we all hurt" yes that's great, how about leading by example, turn up to training early, leave late, tell the players to join you, in the game, get hold of your midfielder and show him what ' go forward' means. scream at anyone who isn't doing their job, don't leave it to Ward to do for you.

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 01:01 - Apr 6 with 759 viewspointofblue

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 00:56 - Apr 6 by chrismakin

This is my biggest gripe about Chambers and yes I know it's my thoughts, there is no evidence i can submit to have these thoughts

BUT, on matchdays, on postmatch comments, during the game, Chambers does not look to me like a captain who is pushing his team, he should be driving it forward, demanding high levels of energy during the game, but you hear and see nothing of him doing it.

sad tone " we must do better, we all hurt" yes that's great, how about leading by example, turn up to training early, leave late, tell the players to join you, in the game, get hold of your midfielder and show him what ' go forward' means. scream at anyone who isn't doing their job, don't leave it to Ward to do for you.

I agree, though I always thought Holland was a quiet captain he led by example and motivated that way. Plus he had Magilton next to him delivering verbal volleys every two minutes,

Actually when you think of that side - Richard Wright could be vocal in goal, Mowbray always had something to say, Holland and Magilton marshalled the middle in their own way and Stewart wasn’t afraid to speak up when leading the line. We had characters and that is one thing Hurst destroyed with the restructure; he didn’t only get rid of Championship standard players and replace them with League One options at best, but we lacked a voice.

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 01:05 - Apr 6 with 755 viewschrismakin

What Paul Cook Should Do........ on 01:01 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

I agree, though I always thought Holland was a quiet captain he led by example and motivated that way. Plus he had Magilton next to him delivering verbal volleys every two minutes,

Actually when you think of that side - Richard Wright could be vocal in goal, Mowbray always had something to say, Holland and Magilton marshalled the middle in their own way and Stewart wasn’t afraid to speak up when leading the line. We had characters and that is one thing Hurst destroyed with the restructure; he didn’t only get rid of Championship standard players and replace them with League One options at best, but we lacked a voice.

We are definitely a very quiet team, in a year where we can hear a pin drop on I follow, it's showed up how much we lack verbal players, you're spot on there.

Could you just imagine listening to Magilton if he was stood next to Dozzell, or Stewart standing near Judge.

What do we have? i've seen and heard Ward, judge but mainly at the ref, Norwood after fouling. You know, im gonna listen again next week just for this purpose.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024