Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable 08:54 - Apr 6 with 2695 viewsBelsteadCav

I very rarely sit through a whole match nowadays, but Sky is just horrendous. Especially Carragher and Neville.

I know it’s aimed at the blinkered Premier league fans, but it just makes me turn over straight away.

Take last night, I turned over to watch Everton v Palace, and there was Carragher talking about Liverpool 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 08:55 - Apr 6 with 2377 viewsSitfcB

On Monday night football they analyse the weekends football as well.

Sky is so much better than BT Sport.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 08:56 - Apr 6 with 2370 viewschrismakin

All I see is two blokes showing how prem teams concede goals by passing it to the opposition in their own half from a short goal kick. Every single game the same goals are going in, it's actually getting tedious waiting for a defender to misplace a pass. And then sit and watch them speak about how playing from the back leads to problems, and then talking about how playing from the back is the best way to spread the play
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 8:57]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 08:58 - Apr 6 with 2345 viewspointofblue

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 08:56 - Apr 6 by chrismakin

All I see is two blokes showing how prem teams concede goals by passing it to the opposition in their own half from a short goal kick. Every single game the same goals are going in, it's actually getting tedious waiting for a defender to misplace a pass. And then sit and watch them speak about how playing from the back leads to problems, and then talking about how playing from the back is the best way to spread the play
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 8:57]

Blimey, no wonder we struggle to score - most defenders who play against us seem to realise passing it to the opposite in your own half isn’t the wisest move.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 09:01 - Apr 6 with 2319 viewsBelsteadCav

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 08:55 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

Doesn’t make it good though.

I’m honestly thinking about scraping it when my contract is up. I just don’t enjoy football anymore. Everything about it makes me angry.

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 09:23 - Apr 6 with 2268 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 09:01 - Apr 6 by BelsteadCav

I’m honestly thinking about scraping it when my contract is up. I just don’t enjoy football anymore. Everything about it makes me angry.

Been thinking exactly the same but ...think I'm watching too much football of late and can;t remember the last GOOD game I watched

Like you say though , the summary time after time is just tedious cr4p for the sake of it

I'd rather have music playing at half time like at a live game as opposed to a couple of ex players talking b0llox

Poll: If it were one or the other

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 09:36 - Apr 6 with 2230 viewsJimmyJazz

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 09:23 - Apr 6 by Metal_Hacker

Been thinking exactly the same but ...think I'm watching too much football of late and can;t remember the last GOOD game I watched

Like you say though , the summary time after time is just tedious cr4p for the sake of it

I'd rather have music playing at half time like at a live game as opposed to a couple of ex players talking b0llox

I think that Neville and to a certain extent Carragher are far better than others. Watching Arsenal play is tough going when Alan Smith does the commentary.

The problem for me as you say, is watching too much football, especially since Covid when every game seems to be pointless and a training exercise. No crowds to urge the players forwards means endless playing around at the back

The constant churn of fixtures doesn't help either, as much as I like evening games i would be quite hapy with a schedule of 1 league game a week for teams. Have the cup competitions as mid week games only

I have even stopped watching Match of the Day this season - it's fatigue. I enjoy the 2 week break from football that an international week brings

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 09:41 - Apr 6 with 2214 viewsScuzzer

I immediately turn over if one person, who is everywhere now, does the punditry...Micah Richard's...just awful.

Established 1968

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 10:42 - Apr 6 with 2108 viewswoodbridge_blue

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 09:01 - Apr 6 by BelsteadCav

In complete contrast to the cricket coverage on Sky...superb analysis and commentary throughout. That's the sole reason I continue to subscribe to Sky.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 10:58 - Apr 6 with 2076 viewsBelsteadCav

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 10:42 - Apr 6 by woodbridge_blue

In complete contrast to the cricket coverage on Sky...superb analysis and commentary throughout. That's the sole reason I continue to subscribe to Sky.

Same with the F1
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 11:09]

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 11:04 - Apr 6 with 2050 viewsHARRY10

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 10:42 - Apr 6 by woodbridge_blue

all of which can be found for free on streaming sites
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 11:15 - Apr 6 with 2010 viewsChurchman

I don’t mind Neville. He’s about the best of them for me. That Liverpudlian numbskull Carragher drives me mad. He’s awful. I hit the mute button when he’s on.

The match of the day crowd do my head in too. Lineker and Shearer smugly sit there raking in public money by telling me what I’ve just seen. Danny Murphy whistling through his teeth talking garbage irritates too.

I look back fondly to the days of Saint and Greavsie, Brian Moore, Gerry Harrison even Jimmy Hill, though Harrison was just a commentator of course.

Edit: describing Gerry Harrison as just a commentator is harsh. He was the god of commentators!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 11:57]
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 11:26 - Apr 6 with 1983 viewsHARRY10

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 11:15 - Apr 6 by Churchman

I don’t mind Neville. He’s about the best of them for me. That Liverpudlian numbskull Carragher drives me mad. He’s awful. I hit the mute button when he’s on.

The match of the day crowd do my head in too. Lineker and Shearer smugly sit there raking in public money by telling me what I’ve just seen. Danny Murphy whistling through his teeth talking garbage irritates too.

I look back fondly to the days of Saint and Greavsie, Brian Moore, Gerry Harrison even Jimmy Hill, though Harrison was just a commentator of course.

Edit: describing Gerry Harrison as just a commentator is harsh. He was the god of commentators!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 11:57]

"was just a commentator "

unlike King Edward, who was not a common 'tater

......................nor was his mate Jersey Royal either
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 11:56 - Apr 6 with 1946 viewsRobTheMonk

I'm a big fan of Souness. Won lots as a player and managed numerous high profile good teams in different countries. When he talks, I tend to listen.
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 13:31 - Apr 6 with 1841 viewspetieboy2011

I struggle to watch any match that Martin Tyler is commentating on - I know this sounds funny about a commentator, but he doesn't half love the sound of his own voice! He talks a load of drivel during matches and is just boring.
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 14:02 - Apr 6 with 1790 viewsJ2BLUE

I can't stand studio pundits. Years ago I had the idea for an app which just give you an alert as the teams are coming out for each half so you can turn over and watch something else or do something else before the game and at HT.

There are certain exceptions. I like Alex Scott, Roy Keane, Ally McCoist and Micah Richards.

The likes of Shearer, Joe Cole, Sutton though zzzzzz

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 16:07 - Apr 6 with 1680 viewsVaughan8

MoTD at the weekend was unwatchable. Jemaine Jenas and Danny Murphy. Not sure which one is worse.
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 16:14 - Apr 6 with 1665 viewsjaykay

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 08:55 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

that not a very high bar. quest t.v. football show is better than those 2

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 19:31 - Apr 6 with 1575 viewsStewart27

Christ!

What must you think of every other pundit other than Neville?
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:19 - Apr 6 with 1493 views66notout

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 13:31 - Apr 6 by petieboy2011

I struggle to watch any match that Martin Tyler is commentating on - I know this sounds funny about a commentator, but he doesn't half love the sound of his own voice! He talks a load of drivel during matches and is just boring.

Agree wholeheartedly re Martin Tyler but he’s 75 and should be calling it a day, especially since he adopted the ‘and it’s live’ catchphrase.
It has become so bad for me that I avoid as much of the pre-match and post-match nonsense as I can. My Sky contract expires soon and if it wasn’t for Junior66 being so keen I’d willingly cancel - even if they offered to continue the 50 per cent discount I’ve had for the past two years.
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:21 - Apr 6 with 1485 viewsAce_High1

Gary Neville is superb, speaks very well about all sorts of subjects, not just football.

MNF is all about analysis, so don't watch it if you don't want to see that. The discussion after the Monday game is the best bit,I often avoid the match and then switch over just for the chat with GN!!!
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:23 - Apr 6 with 1466 viewsBseaBlue

Give non-league a try. I garuntee you will enjoy it.
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:25 - Apr 6 with 1455 viewshadleighboyblue

Just can't get interested in Premiership football , too much hype and diving p's me off and the commentators and pundits spoil it too .

Too much chat , Jonthan Pearce is the worst of the lot .
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:31 - Apr 6 with 1439 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 09:41 - Apr 6 by Scuzzer

I immediately turn over if one person, who is everywhere now, does the punditry...Micah Richard's...just awful.

Of all the different pundit's to choose from you find Richards to be the one to avoid!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:49 - Apr 6 with 1374 viewshadleighboyblue

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:31 - Apr 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Of all the different pundit's to choose from you find Richards to be the one to avoid!

Tonight's commentator and summariser on the Real Madrid v Liverpool are ruining the game .

I don't want all the rubbish they spout on and on and on .

If I go to watch a match , I don't want someone forever chattering away in my ear , so why do they think I want it watching on tv .
Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:51 - Apr 6 with 1363 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone else think sky sports football analysis is getting unwatchable on 20:49 - Apr 6 by hadleighboyblue

Tonight's commentator and summariser on the Real Madrid v Liverpool are ruining the game .

I don't want all the rubbish they spout on and on and on .

If I go to watch a match , I don't want someone forever chattering away in my ear , so why do they think I want it watching on tv .

To be fair, there is a volume control. I find the fake crowd noise annoying anyway.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024