Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday 10:57 - Apr 6 with 1013 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Any interest in my racing previews for the three days?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 11:01 - Apr 6 with 993 viewsfooters

It'll beat the doom and gloom of anything ITFC at the minute, Rommy - so yes please!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 11:26 - Apr 6 with 963 viewsUB9Blue

Bring it on, always a good read for us horse racing lovers.....although I managed to fair better on Gold Cup day (possibly more by luck!)
Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 11:37 - Apr 6 with 943 viewsPrice_1991

Yeah go on then anything to take my mind off town at the moment
Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 13:45 - Apr 6 with 900 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 11:01 - Apr 6 by footers

It'll beat the doom and gloom of anything ITFC at the minute, Rommy - so yes please!

Was supposed to be in Manchester this week so wasn’t planning to do them but as I’m now going again a week later instead, and the interest seems to be there (both on here and Twitter), I’ll write them for each day.

Yes of course Rommers on 13:55 - Apr 6 with 877 viewsDyland

Legend tippery, sir.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 15:53 - Apr 6 with 838 viewsJohnny_Boy

Of course 👍🏻

So then. Cloth Cap or Burrows Saint? 🤔
Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 16:00 - Apr 6 with 830 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 15:53 - Apr 6 by Johnny_Boy

Of course 👍🏻

So then. Cloth Cap or Burrows Saint? 🤔

I’ve got a pretty large bet on Cloth Cap antepost. I’ve backed him down to 4s. I love him for the race. My only dart in the race as it stands. The year I was big on One For Arthur from 40s down was primarily because of how unexposed he was as a stayer and was ahead of his mark. The market still let him go off at 14/1 that year. This year, the market now has it right. The thing is though that is most important to remember is that the national is nowhere near as tough and it used to be. And if this was a normal handicap ran today with the same 40 horses, cloth cap would be no bigger than 9/4. The 4/1 is factored into the price because of the name of the race being The Grand National. I think he’s as close to a Grand National good thing as you will ever get. Jumps, stays, is unexposed, has improved a bundle, will get the trip, is the right age, is trained by a man who knows how to win the race, the race has been the year long target and he’s 14 pounds well in officially. I just think he wins.

Also whilst I remember folks.. I’m reliably informed that paddy power are making an announcement Wednesday/Thursday that they will pay 10 places on the race. With that in mind, there are a couple I will back with the each way angle in mind trying to maximise more returns. Burros Saint, kimberlite candy and takingrisks being three possibles at this stage.

TL;DR - Cloth Cap is my Grand National fancy in a very large way.

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 16:20 - Apr 6 with 810 viewsJohnny_Boy

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 16:00 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve got a pretty large bet on Cloth Cap antepost. I’ve backed him down to 4s. I love him for the race. My only dart in the race as it stands. The year I was big on One For Arthur from 40s down was primarily because of how unexposed he was as a stayer and was ahead of his mark. The market still let him go off at 14/1 that year. This year, the market now has it right. The thing is though that is most important to remember is that the national is nowhere near as tough and it used to be. And if this was a normal handicap ran today with the same 40 horses, cloth cap would be no bigger than 9/4. The 4/1 is factored into the price because of the name of the race being The Grand National. I think he’s as close to a Grand National good thing as you will ever get. Jumps, stays, is unexposed, has improved a bundle, will get the trip, is the right age, is trained by a man who knows how to win the race, the race has been the year long target and he’s 14 pounds well in officially. I just think he wins.

Also whilst I remember folks.. I’m reliably informed that paddy power are making an announcement Wednesday/Thursday that they will pay 10 places on the race. With that in mind, there are a couple I will back with the each way angle in mind trying to maximise more returns. Burros Saint, kimberlite candy and takingrisks being three possibles at this stage.

Ha. I knew you had a vested interest in Cloth Cap 😀

Just looking at Day 1..... PP are being slightly paltry with the extra places compared to SkyBet.

Did you have a cheeky £1 EW on the Irish National winner the other day? I saw a few people did.
I didn’t of course 🤦🏻
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 16:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 16:40 - Apr 6 with 789 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 16:20 - Apr 6 by Johnny_Boy

Ha. I knew you had a vested interest in Cloth Cap 😀

Just looking at Day 1..... PP are being slightly paltry with the extra places compared to SkyBet.

Did you have a cheeky £1 EW on the Irish National winner the other day? I saw a few people did.
I didn’t of course 🤦🏻
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 16:25]

I didn’t mate unfortunately. What hurt more was that I’ve been backing Run Wild Fred all season for the Irish national only for him to be beaten a length by a 150/1 shot. Would’ve been a decent return too. Have an each way antepost double with cloth cap though so I suppose it means cloth cap placing is now of a separate interest.

Ironically, I hate being on the fav in the national. Think I’ve only ever had one favourite (Tigers win a couple of years ago when winning his second). Have had the record of four consecutive nationals in profit though (usually because of the each way terms on the day for the race). Be bloody gutted if it isn’t five this year with cloth cap. 14lbs well in! I’ve genuinely never seen anything like it. If he doesn’t get taken down, I’ll be stunned if he isn’t there at the finish.

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 17:36 - Apr 6 with 770 viewsJohnny_Boy

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 16:40 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I didn’t mate unfortunately. What hurt more was that I’ve been backing Run Wild Fred all season for the Irish national only for him to be beaten a length by a 150/1 shot. Would’ve been a decent return too. Have an each way antepost double with cloth cap though so I suppose it means cloth cap placing is now of a separate interest.

Ironically, I hate being on the fav in the national. Think I’ve only ever had one favourite (Tigers win a couple of years ago when winning his second). Have had the record of four consecutive nationals in profit though (usually because of the each way terms on the day for the race). Be bloody gutted if it isn’t five this year with cloth cap. 14lbs well in! I’ve genuinely never seen anything like it. If he doesn’t get taken down, I’ll be stunned if he isn’t there at the finish.

I’m always stung backing the FAVs. So I always try to find the value on a placed finish with sizeable odds - and if they do unexpectedly win, it’s a double bonus.

Should be an interesting meeting & looking forward to your daily Reports.
Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 18:34 - Apr 6 with 741 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thursday 4:40.. take the 14/1 on Moon Over Germany. I make it a 7s shot

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 19:23 - Apr 6 with 717 viewsBLUEGOLD

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 18:34 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Thursday 4:40.. take the 14/1 on Moon Over Germany. I make it a 7s shot

Cheers Rommy, just stuck a few quid on it.

Any thoughts on the Masters?
Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 19:28 - Apr 6 with 714 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 19:23 - Apr 6 by BLUEGOLD

Cheers Rommy, just stuck a few quid on it.

Any thoughts on the Masters?

That’s tonight’s mission (well at 3:20am for a couple of hours after my dissertation schedule stops for the night). Of my first look, Cameron Smith at 40/1 is huge and Xander Shauffele at 22s is probably a few points too big too. Backed both of them on Monday expecting them to shorten but will have a proper look through tonight. Definitely want to be taking Bryson on though. No idea if his mindset will be right for Augusta with his comments every time he rocks up at the course. I’ll update this thread when I do go through it though and let you know my bets.

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 19:29 - Apr 6 with 711 viewsJamestownPrince

Aintree Festival Thursday-Saturday on 16:00 - Apr 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Hi Rommers

I'm on Some Neck at 50's, should it scrape in off bottom weight, and not get too far behind or brought down in the pack, I'm hopeful of a good run, baed on its last Irish win and its third to Tiger Roll in the Cross Country at Cheltenham.

Ayr Harbour at Nottingham tomorrow is 20lbs better in on turf than All Weather, taking into account the jockey changes, technically runs off 16 lbs lower than going close last week on the AW.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024