Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season squad as things stand 16:24 - Apr 6 with 5371 viewsitfcjoe

GK
Holy
Cornell

RB
Vincent-Young
Crowe - U23

LB
Kenlock
Smith - U23

CB
Woolfenden
Ndaba
Baggott - U23

CM
Nolan
Downes
Dozzell
McGavin
Chirewa - U23

WF/AM
Lankester
Dobra
Crane - U23

ST
Norwood
Hawkins
Simpson - U23
Ward - U23

U18s
9 players, plus a further 9 scholars (at least) signing this year

So there are 21 professionals contracted to be here next season - but 6-7 of those are likely to be in U23s bar a good pre season.

There are a few first teamers out of contract I'd give a new deal to - Chambers, Toto, Nydam, Bishop, El Mizouni, and there are some above there who I'd try to move on personally - McGavin and maybe Hawkins......plus a few other youngsters who could/should get a deal - Gibbs, Zak Brown, Siziba, Morris, Przybek, Stewart, Alexander, Curtis, Bello.

It's going to be a huge change this summer, and going to be very difficult to get us down to a manageable squad size whatever happens if you assume Cook is going to look to bring in 8-10 of his own men

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next season squad as things stand on 16:29 - Apr 6 with 4100 viewschicoazul

Any idea on who we have options on Joe?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next season squad as things stand on 16:31 - Apr 6 with 4083 viewsitfcjoe

Next season squad as things stand on 16:29 - Apr 6 by chicoazul

Any idea on who we have options on Joe?

Basically everyone bar Jackson and Edwards

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next season squad as things stand on 16:32 - Apr 6 with 4066 viewschicoazul

Next season squad as things stand on 16:31 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

Ta.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Next season squad as things stand on 16:36 - Apr 6 with 4030 viewsHorsham

I thought we did have an option on Jackson. In a way I’m sort of happy if we don’t. I think it’s probably better now if he goes.
Next season squad as things stand on 16:38 - Apr 6 with 4011 viewsChrisd

Midfield and forward options is what I'd be looking to address if I was PC. The midfield literally offers nothing in games, so I can't see the point of keeping the majority of the same players. The fact Norwood is our best striker, like him or loathe him, we need to bring strikers of the same ilk if not better, he's the yardstick.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Next season squad as things stand on 16:40 - Apr 6 with 4003 viewsJakeITFC

Jackson is on a free this summer? And we turned down £1m last?
Next season squad as things stand on 16:45 - Apr 6 with 3956 viewsjayessess

For a small squad, there's a lot of uncertainty here, isn't there?

4 mid career professionals who've had injury problems this season and last - - Vincent-Young, Nolan, Norwood and Hawkins. Plus one with question marks over his quality/consistency - Kenlock.

4 young players who've had mixed or bad seasons - Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell, Lankeseter.

3 very young players who've barely played for the 1st team - Ndaba, McGavin and Dobra.

2 keepers that no one rates very highly, but aren't a priority to replace.

How many of them would you depend on having 30+ good games in them over the course of a season?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Next season squad as things stand on 16:47 - Apr 6 with 3958 viewsPhilTWTD

There is an option for Jackson, I think. No option on Gibbs's contract, which may be a concern on that front. Will be interesting to see whether he gets into the first-team squad to persuade him he's in the plans towards the end of the season. Not sure there's an option for Chambo, come to think of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season squad as things stand on 16:49 - Apr 6 with 3915 viewschicoazul

Next season squad as things stand on 16:40 - Apr 6 by JakeITFC

Jackson is on a free this summer? And we turned down £1m last?

Welcome to the Banter Era

Next season squad as things stand on 16:49 - Apr 6 with 3911 viewsJ2BLUE

Next season squad as things stand on 16:47 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

There is an option for Jackson, I think. No option on Gibbs's contract, which may be a concern on that front. Will be interesting to see whether he gets into the first-team squad to persuade him he's in the plans towards the end of the season. Not sure there's an option for Chambo, come to think of it.

Yep, there is an option on Jackson.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next season squad as things stand on 16:50 - Apr 6 with 3912 viewsMrTown

Not an u23 that I can see being involved in the first team next year so they can be put to one side.

The likes of McGavin, Dozzell, Lankester, Dobra still can't be relied on yet.

Toto, El Mizouni, Nydam I think will get extension.

Not a single other player interested really in keeping. I mean Chambers & Bishop, dear lord Joe.

It is big big task for PC.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 16:51]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Next season squad as things stand on 16:59 - Apr 6 with 3874 viewsElderGrizzly

Next season squad as things stand on 16:47 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

You'd trigger the option on Jackson, just to retain some value wouldn't you? Especially as some offered £1m last summer
Next season squad as things stand on 17:00 - Apr 6 with 3868 viewsPhilTWTD

Next season squad as things stand on 16:59 - Apr 6 by ElderGrizzly

You'd trigger the option on Jackson, just to retain some value wouldn't you? Especially as some offered £1m last summer

Yes, that's what I'd imagine they'd do. I can't see him fitting in to PC's 4-2-3-1 so sell him and use the cash to bring in other players.
Next season squad as things stand on 17:11 - Apr 6 with 3797 viewsMB26

There's all the grounds for a very hard reset which can work wonders in the long term but can cause a stuttering start to begin with. Blackpool have gone through the motions this season but it looks like it's all clicked at last and at the pivotal time.

Personally I'm very excited to see who Cook has in mind to come in. It's easy to look at Wigan at who's left from his time there. A midfield of Downes and Lee Evans would potentially be the best in the division next season.

I'd expect Chambers, Bishop, El-Mizouni and Nydam to say. Nsiala seems to have turned the corner once again into becoming at least a useable option but he shouldn't be starting regularly for us next season. Jackson will be moved on.

Cook seems to favour experience over youthful signings but isn't afraid to look in non-league either. I really don't know how to feel about the summer, there's a lot of potential for excitement but it's Ipswich we aren't allowed nice things.
Next season squad as things stand on 17:15 - Apr 6 with 3781 viewsclive_baker

I can't see Nolan being here next season based on what I've heard.

I would give a new deal to Toto based on his recent form. Huge job for Cook in terms of recruitment, he'll literally be in the market for a new starting XI.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Next season squad as things stand on 17:19 - Apr 6 with 3751 viewsjayessess

Next season squad as things stand on 17:15 - Apr 6 by clive_baker

I can't see Nolan being here next season based on what I've heard.

I would give a new deal to Toto based on his recent form. Huge job for Cook in terms of recruitment, he'll literally be in the market for a new starting XI.

What's up with Nolo?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Next season squad as things stand on 17:30 - Apr 6 with 3703 viewsNthQldITFC

Would you really look to move McGavin on Joe? From what I've seen of him he has promise (but I've not seen anywhere as much of him as you probably have), and he's less tainted by the failures of the last three years than others. Is it a question of numbers in that area?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Next season squad as things stand on 17:33 - Apr 6 with 3677 viewsSWGF

Next season squad as things stand on 17:00 - Apr 6 by PhilTWTD

Yes, that's what I'd imagine they'd do. I can't see him fitting in to PC's 4-2-3-1 so sell him and use the cash to bring in other players.

Is that a gamble? Extending a contract on the assumption someone will take him off your hands? If clubs want a fast runner, they could pop to the local athletics club

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Next season squad as things stand on 18:02 - Apr 6 with 3546 viewsreusersfreekicks

Next season squad as things stand on 17:30 - Apr 6 by NthQldITFC

Would you really look to move McGavin on Joe? From what I've seen of him he has promise (but I've not seen anywhere as much of him as you probably have), and he's less tainted by the failures of the last three years than others. Is it a question of numbers in that area?

Same, i thought he looked half decent.
Next season squad as things stand on 18:16 - Apr 6 with 3490 viewsHackneyblueboy

Alot of those you've listed Joe are going to be in the U23s or will go out on loan. Mcgavin, Crane, Simpson and a few others could probably benefit from a loan spell. Baggot too potentially in the National League.

I would imagine the squad will look something like this once decisions on new deals are made.

Holy, Cornell, Pryzbek
KVY, Chambers
Wilson, Nsiala, Woolfeden, Ndaba
Kenlock
Bishop, Nolan, Downes, Dozzell, Lankaster, El Miz, Dobra, Nydham
Norwood Hawkins

That's 20 players so presuming PC wants a squad of around 22 players for actual first team competition then it does look bloated.

Maybe he wont offer new deals to all 3 centre backs but tbh that's probably the area of the pitch we need least work. I imagine we'll look to bring in 5 or 6 players to go straight into the team so maybe some of the above need culling.

An interesting summer ahead.
Next season squad as things stand on 18:19 - Apr 6 with 3463 viewsPhilTWTD

Next season squad as things stand on 17:33 - Apr 6 by SWGF

Is that a gamble? Extending a contract on the assumption someone will take him off your hands? If clubs want a fast runner, they could pop to the local athletics club

There's been a fair amount of interest over the last year so safe to assume someone will be keen.
Next season squad as things stand on 18:29 - Apr 6 with 3398 viewschicoazul

So we basically need two keepers a RB a LB at least one and maybe 2 CBs at least 1 maybe 2 CMs 2 or maybe 3 wide players and 2 CFs. Hahaha oh god.

Next season squad as things stand on 18:32 - Apr 6 with 3380 viewsAce_High1

Next season squad as things stand on 17:19 - Apr 6 by jayessess

What's up with Nolo?

Hes crap. Thats what.

Offers nothing.
Next season squad as things stand on 18:43 - Apr 6 with 3326 viewsParky

Next season squad as things stand on 18:32 - Apr 6 by Ace_High1

Hes crap. Thats what.

Offers nothing.

I think Paul Cook likes him, from what I’m lead to believe, anyway. Both scousers, I can see him being a regular under Cook if he gets back to full fitness.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 18:45]
Next season squad as things stand on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 3311 viewschicoazul

Next season squad as things stand on 18:32 - Apr 6 by Ace_High1

Hes crap. Thats what.

Offers nothing.

5 goals in 15 appearances this season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024