Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's see what happens before 11:21 - Apr 7 with 810 viewsDyland

being hubristic or even too excited. We got burned before, badly.

This though from Evans...

"I plan to divorce myself from any day-to-day responsibilities"

I don't know which way this will go, but this is the main thing for me and why I will now renew my ST.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Let's see what happens before on 11:22 - Apr 7 with 774 viewsJ2BLUE

This isn't a sure thing and no one has ever claimed it would be.

Hope has returned though. Let people enjoy it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Let's see what happens before on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 774 viewsJDB23

Nah fk that, we've just put an end to the darkest era of this football club. I'm over the moon.
Let's see what happens before on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 758 viewswkj

TBF At this point, the club has been shat on by the same arse for over a decade - even if we continue to be shat on - it will be nice to see a different arse doing the shatting.
FYI: Not calling ME an arse
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 11:26]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Let's see what happens before on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 747 viewsjeera

No.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Let's see what happens before on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 747 viewsDanTheMan

Ah screw it, I'm going to be excited about this. I need something to be optimistic about.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Let's see what happens before on 11:24 - Apr 7 with 731 viewsjayessess

No hubris, but we're allowed to be excited!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Let's see what happens before on 11:25 - Apr 7 with 713 viewsDyland

Let's see what happens before on 11:22 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

This isn't a sure thing and no one has ever claimed it would be.

Hope has returned though. Let people enjoy it.

Totally.

You get the point though :)

I did chuckle mirthlessly at the day to day responsibilities comment. This is precisely the problem. Evans has made himself solely responsible, but without doing it properly. An absurd state of affairs and finally he's conceded that. Fair play, but a bit fooking late in the day imo.

Onwards though, yeh.

COYFB

Let's see what happens before on 11:26 - Apr 7 with 697 viewschicoazul

SUQ
YFFC
COYBs

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Let's see what happens before on 11:26 - Apr 7 with 685 viewsDyland

Let's see what happens before on 11:26 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

SUQ
YFFC
COYBs

BCWYWF

(runs away)

Let's see what happens before on 11:29 - Apr 7 with 642 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We have hope again.

Finally.. at last. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve wanted this for 7 years. I’m going to enjoy today. Is it too early for a beer? No.. no it’s not.

GET IN!!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

it's never too early for a beer, only too late (n/t) on 11:30 - Apr 7 with 617 viewsDyland

Let's see what happens before on 11:29 - Apr 7 by The_Romford_Blue

We have hope again.

Finally.. at last. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I’ve wanted this for 7 years. I’m going to enjoy today. Is it too early for a beer? No.. no it’s not.

GET IN!!

Let's see what happens before on 11:32 - Apr 7 with 597 viewshaynes_toe1

I think our fans deserve to get excited about something
Let's see what happens before on 11:32 - Apr 7 with 586 viewsBarneycurley

Let's see what happens before on 11:25 - Apr 7 by Dyland

Totally.

You get the point though :)

I did chuckle mirthlessly at the day to day responsibilities comment. This is precisely the problem. Evans has made himself solely responsible, but without doing it properly. An absurd state of affairs and finally he's conceded that. Fair play, but a bit fooking late in the day imo.

Onwards though, yeh.

COYFB

I think he finally found Guthrums final points calculator and realised the game was up

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Let's see what happens before on 11:32 - Apr 7 with 590 viewsHighgateBlue

I think the proper stance to take is to be optimistic, and a little excited, while recognising that we unfortunately know absolutely nothing about the financials. We therefore don't know the likelihood of an injection of cash into the playing squad that will make enough of a difference. We'll see, but we can live in hope.

We don't know:
1) how much the new owners purchased the club for
2) how much money they will inject for transfers, wages and agents' fees
3) how much debt Marcus has agreed to write off
4) how much debt the Club now has.

But perhaps the biggest "don't know" is what the owners will do if they do not make the Premier League and decide to call it a day. If they decide that they will never make the Prem, then they're not going to be putting in millions a year like ME did, in order to tread water. They will want an "Out", and because they are backed by a pension fund rather than an individual, they will surely have far less of an incentive to seek to ensure that the next owners are "good guys", and far less incentive to write off any debts.

The stakes have been raised. We can be excited, but along with the potential huge "up side" comes a potential huge "down side". Just as some fans wished for "anyone by Mick", many have recently wished for "anyone but Evans". Let's hope they never find out that owners can be so much worse than Evans.

I would have loved to have posted massive thanks to Evans for writing off a huge debt, but as we don't know how much he's written off, I'll keep my powder dry on that one...
Let's see what happens before on 11:35 - Apr 7 with 558 viewsDarth_Koont

Just about to say the same.

Inevitable that some major change was needed but let’s hope people don’t shoot their bolt too early – by seeing the new consortium as the Messiah and/or by making Evans into the Prince of Darkness. The past and the future are a lot more nuanced than that.

But certainly cause for some hope and excitement. There’s the potential to give the club and the squad some much needed energy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Let's see what happens before on 11:37 - Apr 7 with 540 viewsDyland

Let's see what happens before on 11:32 - Apr 7 by HighgateBlue

I think the proper stance to take is to be optimistic, and a little excited, while recognising that we unfortunately know absolutely nothing about the financials. We therefore don't know the likelihood of an injection of cash into the playing squad that will make enough of a difference. We'll see, but we can live in hope.

We don't know:
1) how much the new owners purchased the club for
2) how much money they will inject for transfers, wages and agents' fees
3) how much debt Marcus has agreed to write off
4) how much debt the Club now has.

But perhaps the biggest "don't know" is what the owners will do if they do not make the Premier League and decide to call it a day. If they decide that they will never make the Prem, then they're not going to be putting in millions a year like ME did, in order to tread water. They will want an "Out", and because they are backed by a pension fund rather than an individual, they will surely have far less of an incentive to seek to ensure that the next owners are "good guys", and far less incentive to write off any debts.

The stakes have been raised. We can be excited, but along with the potential huge "up side" comes a potential huge "down side". Just as some fans wished for "anyone by Mick", many have recently wished for "anyone but Evans". Let's hope they never find out that owners can be so much worse than Evans.

I would have loved to have posted massive thanks to Evans for writing off a huge debt, but as we don't know how much he's written off, I'll keep my powder dry on that one...

I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of a better set-up behind the scenes. Rather than injection of cash into transfers. Likewise, without knowing anything about the new owners I don't if they will get it right BUT it was clear MEG was never going to invest in the essential club infrastructure. So at worst it's a continuation of the same old crap. And that scenario seems a little unlikely.

We shall see.

COYFB

Let's see what happens before on 11:39 - Apr 7 with 525 viewsDyland

Let's see what happens before on 11:35 - Apr 7 by Darth_Koont

Just about to say the same.

Inevitable that some major change was needed but let’s hope people don’t shoot their bolt too early – by seeing the new consortium as the Messiah and/or by making Evans into the Prince of Darkness. The past and the future are a lot more nuanced than that.

But certainly cause for some hope and excitement. There’s the potential to give the club and the squad some much needed energy.

I have that video of fans at Carrot Road giving the fooking loaded large one going round in my head. Generally!

(shudder)

COYFB

Let's see what happens before on 11:40 - Apr 7 with 509 viewsjeera

Let's see what happens before on 11:37 - Apr 7 by Dyland

I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of a better set-up behind the scenes. Rather than injection of cash into transfers. Likewise, without knowing anything about the new owners I don't if they will get it right BUT it was clear MEG was never going to invest in the essential club infrastructure. So at worst it's a continuation of the same old crap. And that scenario seems a little unlikely.

We shall see.

COYFB

Although not sure why Highgate is saying there's no talk of of the debt etc when there have been reports of it being included in the deal already.

Which was always on the cards anyway along with the 5% retention that has already been reported on here and elsewhere in the lead-up to this:

https://theathletic.com/news/ipswich-town-takeover-latest-completed/dRQ5BYPaRkWB

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Let's see what happens before on 11:46 - Apr 7 with 485 viewsghostofescobar

B0ll0x to that! I feel a bit like I used to when I was a kid on Christmas Eve: all excited anticipation! Look, in three years this could be the worst thing ever to have happened to us, it could be the best. All I do know for sure, is that with Evans, we were just as likely to end up in L2 as we were the Championship: just look at the state we are in both on and off the pitch.

GhostOfEscobar

Let's see what happens before on 11:48 - Apr 7 with 464 viewsDyland

Let's see what happens before on 11:46 - Apr 7 by ghostofescobar

B0ll0x to that! I feel a bit like I used to when I was a kid on Christmas Eve: all excited anticipation! Look, in three years this could be the worst thing ever to have happened to us, it could be the best. All I do know for sure, is that with Evans, we were just as likely to end up in L2 as we were the Championship: just look at the state we are in both on and off the pitch.

I don't disagree.

Let's see what happens before on 11:49 - Apr 7 with 451 viewsDarth_Koont

Let's see what happens before on 11:39 - Apr 7 by Dyland

I have that video of fans at Carrot Road giving the fooking loaded large one going round in my head. Generally!

(shudder)

COYFB

Damn you! I had successfully repressed that image.

Yeah, hopefully it’s just a fringe element that will go overboard with this and within the confines of their social media bubble.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024