Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Marcus Evans 11:49 - Apr 7 with 2843 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:52 - Apr 7 with 2532 viewsjasondozzell

Agree. A strange and ultimately catastrophic tenure as owner, much of which self inflicted, but he clearly does care about club on some level.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:53 - Apr 7 with 2523 viewsdirtyboy

Second that, he certainly never intended for us to be in League One and he did spend a lot of his personal fortune for not a lot in return.

Thanks Marcus, best of luck for the future, see you on the train for a few away days next year perhaps (now you can simply be a fan)
Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:54 - Apr 7 with 2518 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah thank you for putting us in this position in the first place you berk.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:55 - Apr 7 with 2502 viewsFixed_It

Well said. We all owe him some gratitude, whatever people think about his shortcomings.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:56 - Apr 7 with 2493 viewsdirtyboy

Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:54 - Apr 7 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah thank you for putting us in this position in the first place you berk.

Really? ffs.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:57 - Apr 7 with 2493 viewsReuser_is_God

Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:56 - Apr 7 by dirtyboy

Really? ffs.

Yes, really.

It was his own incompetence that has pout him in this position in the first place.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 11:58]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:03 - Apr 7 with 2440 viewsghostofescobar

Not sure he has always been true to his word and I would imagine that he would have sold to whoever gave him the most money: if a dodgy Far Eastern consortium had offered him £100mill, no strings attached, don't you think he would have snapped their hand off? I do. Personally I'd be happy if he never set foot in PR again: he's been an unmitigated disaster, slowly grinding the club into the dust. He may, or may not, be a decent person, but his incompetence running us has been staggering. In 50 years of following the Town, I've never felt so depressed about the club, so good riddance as far as I am concerned.

GhostOfEscobar

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:08 - Apr 7 with 2398 viewsCoco

Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:57 - Apr 7 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, really.

It was his own incompetence that has pout him in this position in the first place.

indeed.

Thank you Boris Johnson for giving us 10,000 extra Nurses during the pandemic although you did cut 100,000 before it.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:09 - Apr 7 with 2387 viewsJ2BLUE

Thank you Marcus Evans on 11:57 - Apr 7 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, really.

It has but he's a proud man and he could have had another 15 years trying and failing. We can't change the past but we can now move on. Let's not do it in bitterness. Let's wish him well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 2324 viewsRyorry

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:08 - Apr 7 by Coco

indeed.

Thank you Boris Johnson for giving us 10,000 extra Nurses during the pandemic although you did cut 100,000 before it.

Tho In ME's case it's been down to sheer incompetence & knowing little or nothing about how to run things, whereas in Johnson's case you can add to that cynical manipulation, political corruption, and not giving a toss.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:18 - Apr 7 with 2302 viewsCoco

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:15 - Apr 7 by Ryorry

Tho In ME's case it's been down to sheer incompetence & knowing little or nothing about how to run things, whereas in Johnson's case you can add to that cynical manipulation, political corruption, and not giving a toss.

Fair.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:20 - Apr 7 with 2301 viewsghostofescobar

Most of that is rubbish, IMO. Not sure he has always been true to his word and I would imagine that he would have sold to whoever gave him the most money: if a dodgy Far Eastern consortium had offered him £100mill, no strings attached, don't you think he would have snapped their hand off? I do, no question. To think otherwise is naive. Personally I'd be happy if he never set foot in PR again: he's been an unmitigated disaster, slowly grinding the club into the dust. He may, or may not, be a decent person, but his incompetence running us has been staggering. In 50 years of following the Town, I've never felt so depressed about the club, so good riddance as far as I am concerned. I just hope the damage he has single handedly caused doesn't take the new owners too long to unravel.

GhostOfEscobar

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:24 - Apr 7 with 2264 viewsghostofescobar

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:20 - Apr 7 by ghostofescobar

Most of that is rubbish, IMO. Not sure he has always been true to his word and I would imagine that he would have sold to whoever gave him the most money: if a dodgy Far Eastern consortium had offered him £100mill, no strings attached, don't you think he would have snapped their hand off? I do, no question. To think otherwise is naive. Personally I'd be happy if he never set foot in PR again: he's been an unmitigated disaster, slowly grinding the club into the dust. He may, or may not, be a decent person, but his incompetence running us has been staggering. In 50 years of following the Town, I've never felt so depressed about the club, so good riddance as far as I am concerned. I just hope the damage he has single handedly caused doesn't take the new owners too long to unravel.

Apologies, my connection crashed, so didn't realise my first rant had been posted!! Oops!

GhostOfEscobar

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:31 - Apr 7 with 2235 viewsxrayspecs

I do not know him personally, so cannot comment on him as a person.

Yes, he has put money into the club, albeit we will probably never now how much in total, which is fine.

He has though been an unmitigated disaster as an owner and despite his claim in the press release, the club is in a considerably worse position - on and off the pitch - than when he took over 13 years ago.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:34 - Apr 7 with 2210 viewsreusersfreekicks

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:24 - Apr 7 by ghostofescobar

Apologies, my connection crashed, so didn't realise my first rant had been posted!! Oops!

Once was bad enough
Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:18 - Apr 7 with 2122 viewsvapour_trail

Thank you my arse. It’s three little birds all over again.

What an unmitigated disaster for the football club. The only thing to be thankful for is that we’ve finally got rid.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:32 - Apr 7 with 2060 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree with that on the whole – and I think waiving much of the debt is still significant. He wouldn’t have had much a choice in order to sell the club but could have used it to hold out and reject any suitors.

He made mistakes and some of which could have and should have been avoided. But I also think he was unlucky as well. In 13-odd years he could have perhaps expected more of his managers especially when they had the money to invest in the team – I know I did, and it seems that consistently whenever we spent money we actually went backwards.

Here’s hoping that new blood, a new perspective and the proposed infrastructure changes can build the foundation to finally build on and get moving upwards.

Pronouns: He/Him

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:35 - Apr 7 with 2033 viewsreusersfreekicks

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:18 - Apr 7 by vapour_trail

Thank you my arse. It’s three little birds all over again.

What an unmitigated disaster for the football club. The only thing to be thankful for is that we’ve finally got rid.

Such grace
Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:43 - Apr 7 with 1985 viewstrncbluearmy

Jeez people are actually thanking him for taking over a decent championship club and turning it into a 3rd tier laughing stock.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:11 - Apr 7 with 1924 viewsghostofescobar

Thank you Marcus Evans on 12:34 - Apr 7 by reusersfreekicks

Once was bad enough

That's what my wife says.

GhostOfEscobar

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:14 - Apr 7 with 1904 viewsNthQldITFC

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:11 - Apr 7 by ghostofescobar

That's what my wife says.

Not to me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:15 - Apr 7 with 1901 viewsNthQldITFC

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:14 - Apr 7 by NthQldITFC

Not to me.

I have never spoken to the lady.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:35 - Apr 7 with 1853 viewsRandall

Thanks for presiding over the worst period in our club’s history since the 1950s and making us terrible to watch and depressing to support.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:52 - Apr 7 with 1815 viewsWestover

i think it was time for him to go but we owe him a big thanks for saving our club and it seems he could have sold before but waited and hopefully to the right people who will bring our club back to where it belongs.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:27 - Apr 7 with 1768 viewsBiGDonnie

Agreed. Will be remember well by me. Could have done more, but also could have done far less than he did.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024