Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. 13:06 - Apr 7 with 7345 viewsOld_Git

I’m utterly opposed to this soulless, money-based, takeover by a raft and range of investors and other executives with a minor interest in ‘sports’ and ‘soccer’ and absolutely zero interest in, or respect for, ITFC.

What a contrast with the modest, local Marcus Evans.

90% of the GC20 equity comes from a pension fund that will be looking for instant income and, ultimately, a capital gain and it is possible that, at the top of the agenda of GC20 is an Exit Strategy.

From the pension fund’s point of view, it is important to have the odd Gamble Investment within a portfolio and, boy, they’ve picked a doozy...as Americans might say.

We’ve seen the strategy that they have introduced elsewhere and upon which they have explicitly based their hopes, viz trading players, at the same time as reaching the Prem with months. They think they’ll make a few millions On The Side, by selling AndrÄ— and Flynn, whilst romping up the leagues.

I imagine that they have a Three Year Plan and that they will definitely hold a ‘fire sale’, after five years, if they have not achieved all of their objectives.

Marcus Evans is one of Britain’s most successful entrepreneurs, it is absurd to suggest that he has proven himself to be an incompetent football club owner. He has merely been unlucky.

He has also been a great sportsman, who continued writing out cheques for what turned out to be a doomed project, even when the losses roared past £100m. Without complaint. Despite brain-dead fans remorselessly screaming abuse at him, for ‘failing’ to “invest”...or, as one might also call it, throw away a king’s ransom of over £100m.

I would’ve bailed out long, long ago.

I regard Mr Evans in the same light as the Cobbolds. I can offer him no greater compliment. I certainly offer him my thanks…

… And I look forward to hearing how much money I am going to make, on my shares ! I “invested”...

I am padding quickly towards certain death.

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:09 - Apr 7 with 4453 viewsParky

Cool story bro.
As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:09 - Apr 7 with 4446 viewshomer_123

"...at the top of the agenda of GC20 is an Exit Strategy"

Marcus had a very clear exit strategy - the only way he could ever recoup his 'investment' was via promotion. To think he would not have sold to make a profit is laughable if he could have is laughable.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:09 - Apr 7 with 4439 viewsNthsuffolkblue

2 Things.

Our vote will make no difference. Evans holds all the power.

Yes, they will have an exit strategy and we can fear who that might end up being as owners, but are you really happy with ME continuing to stagnate this club on a downward trajectory?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:10 - Apr 7 with 4429 viewschicoazul

Marcus Evans is one of Britain’s most successful entrepreneurs, it is absurd to suggest that he has proven himself to be an incompetent football club owner. He has merely been unlucky.

Come off it you silly old sod.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:11 - Apr 7 with 4376 viewsfooters

Not really the time to be an attention-seeking contrarian, is it? Let us enjoy the news for the news for the next little while - it's been so long since we've had anything to shout about.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:11 - Apr 7 with 4367 viewsLeBlue

Hi Marcus
As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:12 - Apr 7 with 4328 viewsPinewoodblue

Think we can expect a formal letter from ITFC PLC giving details of an offer they have received to buy the shares they hold in the football club, at the same price ME has been paid.

Can’t see Gamechanger making a bid to buy the shares in ITFC PLC.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:12 - Apr 7 with 4322 viewsCheltenham_Blue

All those compliments you've given him, but unable to give him the compliment of selling us to the right people. This wasn't a hostile take over, Evans decided this was the best group to take us forward as a club.

He's quite the astute businessman, I'd imagine Evans can sniff out a fake from some distance.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:13 - Apr 7 with 4303 viewsRyorry

Well, welcome back OG - *very* long time!

How much have you followed us over the past 13 years? Weren't you sick of the death by 1,000 cuts over that time?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:13 - Apr 7 with 4287 views26_Paz

Got to be trolling

The Paz Man

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:14 - Apr 7 with 4261 viewsHerbivore

Decent effort, solid 5/10. Reckon you'll get a few bites.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:16 - Apr 7 with 4203 viewsgordon

A welcome return.
As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:16 - Apr 7 with 4186 viewsStokieBlue

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:13 - Apr 7 by Ryorry

Well, welcome back OG - *very* long time!

How much have you followed us over the past 13 years? Weren't you sick of the death by 1,000 cuts over that time?

He posted 4 months ago.

He's only posting today to see how many he can reel in.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:18 - Apr 7 with 4134 viewsSouperJim

GC20 are now owed the debt which Evans has not written off. In order to see that money, they need to get us into the prem.

If they get us there, take their money out and sell, then we will be in a far far better place as a football club.

Evans retains 5% and we don't own the stadium land. Good protection there.

Like it or lump it, this is modern football. There is very little enjoyment to be had stagnating in the third tier wishing for a bygone era. I look forward to seeing us win a few games again before I'm in the ground.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:18 - Apr 7 with 4126 viewsFixed_It

What's your favourite cheese?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:19 - Apr 7 with 4106 viewsFtnfwest

Yeah but Brett Johnson has only made a very short statement but managed to include the word 'finest'. So i'm sold...
As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:22 - Apr 7 with 4039 viewsFixed_It

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:19 - Apr 7 by Ftnfwest

Yeah but Brett Johnson has only made a very short statement but managed to include the word 'finest'. So i'm sold...

It has also obviously not been noted by the old git that Brett Johnson has made a point, even prior to the takeover, of calling it 'football' despite being an American.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:22 - Apr 7 with 4033 viewsblueislander

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:14 - Apr 7 by Herbivore

Decent effort, solid 5/10. Reckon you'll get a few bites.

Evans’ comment that the only real likelihood of getting a return on the investment is through reaching the Premier intrigued me. I assume the Yanks have been told what kind of money that will take. I can see some sense in OG’s points even if he is trolling.
As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:24 - Apr 7 with 4013 viewskeebsdad

There will be a (sizeable) minority of fans who may support such sentiments and as I'm (probably) in the Old Git territory myself (don't quite remember Alf's First Division triumph) I can understand that. However, I have to ask myself the basic question:

HOW MANY ROCHDALES* CAN I TAKE?

* substitute Northampton, Swindon et al

If not GC20 would we rather have a faceless Arab with dubious human rights record or a Hong Kong businessman who puts us into administration a week later .... ?

Answers on a postcard to "Becarefulwhatyouwishfor"!
As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:24 - Apr 7 with 4003 viewsVic

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:13 - Apr 7 by 26_Paz

Got to be trolling

One thing that OG doesn’t do is troll. If he says this he means it.

I’m glad to hear someone describe the decency of Marcus Evans, and am likewise grateful for his considerable financial input into our club despite ever declining ‘success. I believe he bought us with the best of intentions and has a genuine soft spot for us as a club.

But sadly his desire to control things when he didn’t have the football acumen to do so was his undoing and despite his best intentions has led to a decline in our great club.

It’s best therefore that he’s gone (and he clearly agrees or he wouldn’t have sold!) and I’m sure he will genuinely believe that he’s sold to a group that will be best for the club. Time will tell.

Like the purchasers r not it sounds like we could be in for a bit of a ride. Let’s hope it doesn’t end in tears.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:25 - Apr 7 with 3960 viewsLeoMuff

It’s absurd to suggest he is not incompetent, how much evidence does one need ?? He has been absent and stubborn in the extreme.

I would bet our new owners are far more present than our “local” business man. A considerable amount of the 100m debt is interest he is charging us. He won’t even reinvest transfer fees received in the replacement of departures.

Now this might go belly up, but under ME it has been the most depressing, disasterous period in our history and we were continuing our decline toward league 2. Thankfully we move forward with people who have a clue how to run a football club.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:26 - Apr 7 with 3946 viewsLord_Lucan

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:09 - Apr 7 by Parky

Cool story bro.

Not a polite response to a board great.

As for the post - Ultimately OG, Evans has failed and although he has indeed suffered a lot of bad luck the buck stops with him (Did you see what I did there?)

We may go nowhere with the Yanks but we were going nowhere with ME

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:26 - Apr 7 with 3946 viewsArnoldMoorhen

While I am delighted to see that you are still with us (both on this mortal coil and here, online, with us) I, for one, am disappointed that you have failed to come up with some of your trademark nicknames for the protagonists in this piece.

Surely you could have managed Marcus "Good" Evans?

The bid could have been "The Yankee Doodle Gamble".

You will have confused and puzzled "Eager" Beevers and his fellow alumni of the Academy adjacent to the Old Git Memorial Bushes with this.

I did think of you when that ship was stuck in the Suez Canal, though. I'm sure you would have found ways to compare it's manoeuvring with the movement of Jason Scotland in the penalty area. It seems that if only we had purchased a couple of tug boats and a JCB then we Jason would have fired us to promotion years ago.
As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:28 - Apr 7 with 3891 viewsRyorry

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:24 - Apr 7 by keebsdad

There will be a (sizeable) minority of fans who may support such sentiments and as I'm (probably) in the Old Git territory myself (don't quite remember Alf's First Division triumph) I can understand that. However, I have to ask myself the basic question:

HOW MANY ROCHDALES* CAN I TAKE?

If not GC20 would we rather have a faceless Arab with dubious human rights record or a Hong Kong businessman who puts us into administration a week later .... ?

Answers on a postcard to "Becarefulwhatyouwishfor"!

"HOW MANY ROCHDALES* CAN I TAKE?

If not GC20 would we rather have a faceless Arab with dubious human rights record or a Hong Kong businessman who puts us into administration a week later .... ?"

Very well said.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As a shareholder, I voted FOR Marcus Evans and will vote AGAINST GC20. on 13:30 - Apr 7 with 3876 viewsDaleyitfc

Whereas I was one of 3(??) shareholders that voted against the Evans Group taking over : but would happily vote in favour of this as being less worse than the current position , except ... no vote is required.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024