Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a 13:36 - Apr 7 with 2961 viewsitfcpaul

I know that they won't be worth a lot, and guess it's probably, in the short to medium term, keeping hold of them, just in case there is some financial improvement in the business, but what do you think the initial offer for the shares would be by Gamechanger20?

There are figures knocking about around the £40million mark but I am sure that isn't just for the club, there will be some debt buying in there as well, but wondered what anyone with any knowledge about these things thinks a share price would be offered as it has to be in line with what Marcus accepted

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:40 - Apr 7 with 2907 viewsMuncher

We don't know yet as we don't know how the deal has been structured and what value was paid for Marcus Evans shares.

My colleague Dan Billson who runs our sports practice will be putting something out soon which will look at this, but we likely need to wait for more details to come out.
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:43 - Apr 7 with 2875 viewsitfcpaul

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:40 - Apr 7 by Muncher

We don't know yet as we don't know how the deal has been structured and what value was paid for Marcus Evans shares.

My colleague Dan Billson who runs our sports practice will be putting something out soon which will look at this, but we likely need to wait for more details to come out.

Cheers

Once again thank you for your work in keeping us up to date with everything, it's made it quite interesting waiting for it to happen

Not saying I would sell them but who know depending what's on offer, everyone has there own financial situations so it may help someone

Do you think the £40m is anywhere near?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:48 - Apr 7 with 2827 viewsMuncher

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:43 - Apr 7 by itfcpaul

Cheers

Once again thank you for your work in keeping us up to date with everything, it's made it quite interesting waiting for it to happen

Not saying I would sell them but who know depending what's on offer, everyone has there own financial situations so it may help someone

Do you think the £40m is anywhere near?

No probIem. I understand £40m is about right, yes.
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:52 - Apr 7 with 2795 viewsmonty_radio

Were they not about 5% of club's value (whatever that was!) at the time? What would be their worth if anything now, and would the new owners want the pathway clear?

I stand corrected (see below) thanks
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 16:31]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 2760 viewsitfcpaul

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:52 - Apr 7 by monty_radio

Were they not about 5% of club's value (whatever that was!) at the time? What would be their worth if anything now, and would the new owners want the pathway clear?

I stand corrected (see below) thanks
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 16:31]

I thought it was 12.5%

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:03 - Apr 7 with 2727 viewsRyorry

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:58 - Apr 7 by itfcpaul

I thought it was 12.5%

Thought the same.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:03 - Apr 7 with 2726 viewsFrankfurtBlue

The shares are likely to be of negligible value, if you wanted to cash in.

ME stripped away the training ground for £1.32m back in 2011. Wonder how much profit he made on that sale? ITFC is/was loaded with debt, which Gamechanger have bought at no doubt a considerable discount. Aside from the training ground deal and the debt purchase, part of ME's remuneration is a 5% stake in Gamechanger, so the amount that he received for the shares of ITFC is likely to be paltry.

If so, I'll be holding onto mine.
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:05 - Apr 7 with 2704 viewsitfcpaul

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:03 - Apr 7 by FrankfurtBlue

The shares are likely to be of negligible value, if you wanted to cash in.

ME stripped away the training ground for £1.32m back in 2011. Wonder how much profit he made on that sale? ITFC is/was loaded with debt, which Gamechanger have bought at no doubt a considerable discount. Aside from the training ground deal and the debt purchase, part of ME's remuneration is a 5% stake in Gamechanger, so the amount that he received for the shares of ITFC is likely to be paltry.

If so, I'll be holding onto mine.

Didn't ME say that they have to be law offer the same share price to other shareholders as well, just asking as if he got £40M for his shares it could be quite a lot
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 14:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:11 - Apr 7 with 2655 viewsPinewoodblue

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:05 - Apr 7 by itfcpaul

Didn't ME say that they have to be law offer the same share price to other shareholders as well, just asking as if he got £40M for his shares it could be quite a lot

There is only one other shareholder(ITFC PLC) and you own shares in that company.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:12 - Apr 7 with 2642 viewsitfcpaul

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:11 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

There is only one other shareholder(ITFC PLC) and you own shares in that company.

Sorry for being a bit thick, but does that make a difference?

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:18 - Apr 7 with 2612 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:05 - Apr 7 by itfcpaul

If the £40m figure is correct, and that has to be a big if, it will be £40m for the whole deal, not just the shares. As I mentioned, the deal will likely have included the real estate, the debt and the shares.
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:20 - Apr 7 with 2587 viewsitfcpaul

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:18 - Apr 7 by FrankfurtBlue

If the £40m figure is correct, and that has to be a big if, it will be £40m for the whole deal, not just the shares. As I mentioned, the deal will likely have included the real estate, the debt and the shares.

OK Thank you

As I said I have no idea and I guess there aren't many people who do as yet, I was just interested to see what the offer would be to shareholders if the offer had to be at the same level as was offered to ME

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:35 - Apr 7 with 2534 viewsitfcpaul

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 13:48 - Apr 7 by Muncher

No probIem. I understand £40m is about right, yes.

I will look forward to your colleagues information, do you have an insight into what the offer was for the shares alone which will ultimately have a bearing on the price offered to the rest of the shareholders?

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:37 - Apr 7 with 2524 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:20 - Apr 7 by itfcpaul

OK Thank you

As I said I have no idea and I guess there aren't many people who do as yet, I was just interested to see what the offer would be to shareholders if the offer had to be at the same level as was offered to ME

The offer for ME's shares does have to be the same as that to all other shareholders, but as I wrote previously, I won't be expecting a windfall.

ME made mention only last month of his wish to ensure that the small shareholders are fairly treated. The structure of this deal will show us what he meant by that.
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:38 - Apr 7 with 2523 viewsMuncher

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:35 - Apr 7 by itfcpaul

I will look forward to your colleagues information, do you have an insight into what the offer was for the shares alone which will ultimately have a bearing on the price offered to the rest of the shareholders?

No idea yet. We don't think the "tag along" provision Evans is referring to is a requirement under the articles of the company, rather something he has asked for, for the benefit of existing shareholders.
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:39 - Apr 7 with 2514 viewsitfcpaul

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 14:37 - Apr 7 by FrankfurtBlue

The offer for ME's shares does have to be the same as that to all other shareholders, but as I wrote previously, I won't be expecting a windfall.

ME made mention only last month of his wish to ensure that the small shareholders are fairly treated. The structure of this deal will show us what he meant by that.

We shall see, thank you

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 17:49 - Apr 7 with 2409 viewsMuncher

Just had a very quick look but tag along rights appear to be dealt with here:

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/xht9S
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 17:55 - Apr 7 with 2388 viewsitfcpaul

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 17:49 - Apr 7 by Muncher

Just had a very quick look but tag along rights appear to be dealt with here:

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/xht9S

it wont open?

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 21:52 - Apr 7 with 2237 viewsxrayspecs

Trying to put the pieces together, the answer sadly will be not a lot...

We know that the total value of the deal is reported to be £40m. We do not know how much of this is guaranteed to ME and how much conditional on Town's perfornance - promotion etc. - or player sales - x% of transfer fees on current squad etc.

We believe that £21m has been paid to buy the £100m debt owed to ME.

Which leaves at most £19m (assume no add-ons), from which the training ground and stadium costs will need to be deducted. So around £15m for his shares, very best case scenario?

So if ME shares (87.5%) are valued at £15m, then the ITFC shares (12.5%) are valued at circa £2m, best.

I do not know how many shares there are in issue, others may be able to help on this. If you divide £17m by the number of shares issued, then it may give you an indicative amount per share (if my maths is correct).
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 21:57]
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 07:02 - Apr 8 with 2061 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 21:52 - Apr 7 by xrayspecs

We know that the total value of the deal is reported to be £40m. We do not know how much of this is guaranteed to ME and how much conditional on Town's perfornance - promotion etc. - or player sales - x% of transfer fees on current squad etc.

Which leaves at most £19m (assume no add-ons), from which the training ground and stadium costs will need to be deducted. So around £15m for his shares, very best case scenario?

So if ME shares (87.5%) are valued at £15m, then the ITFC shares (12.5%) are valued at circa £2m, best.

I do not know how many shares there are in issue, others may be able to help on this. If you divide £17m by the number of shares issued, then it may give you an indicative amount per share (if my maths is correct).

Assuming the accuracy of the stated £40m headline price, the £21m allocated to the debt purchase and that the majority of any "add-ons" are more likely to be attached to the debt purchase than any other part of the deal, the only other items to take into account are the training ground and the shares allocated to ME in Gamechanger.

ME paid ITFC £1.32m for the training ground back in 2011. I don't know whether that was a fair price then, and I don't know how much the cost of land (with or without development potential) has appreciated over the last decade in Ipswich, but it is leased to ITFC for £60k p.a., so can't be worth that much more than in 2011. I assume this part of the deal cost £2m.

ME has effectively retained a 4.375% share in ITFC, meaning he has sold 83.175% of ITFC for approximately £17m. ITFC has just over 18m shares issued, meaning ME sold some 15m shares for approximately £17m, or ca. £1.15 per share (cost £20 per share in 2003).
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 07:12 - Apr 8 with 2037 viewsMuncher

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 07:02 - Apr 8 by FrankfurtBlue

Assuming the accuracy of the stated £40m headline price, the £21m allocated to the debt purchase and that the majority of any "add-ons" are more likely to be attached to the debt purchase than any other part of the deal, the only other items to take into account are the training ground and the shares allocated to ME in Gamechanger.

ME paid ITFC £1.32m for the training ground back in 2011. I don't know whether that was a fair price then, and I don't know how much the cost of land (with or without development potential) has appreciated over the last decade in Ipswich, but it is leased to ITFC for £60k p.a., so can't be worth that much more than in 2011. I assume this part of the deal cost £2m.

ME has effectively retained a 4.375% share in ITFC, meaning he has sold 83.175% of ITFC for approximately £17m. ITFC has just over 18m shares issued, meaning ME sold some 15m shares for approximately £17m, or ca. £1.15 per share (cost £20 per share in 2003).

It also remains to be seen whether the offer will be made to the PLC itself, to buy all of the shares it owns in Ipswich Town Football Club Limited, the proceeds of which may then be distributed to the PLC shareholders, or whether some kind of direct offer is to be made to individual shareholders to either accept or reject their own shares, rather than acting as a collective.

We obviously don't know the amounts involved at this stage, but for the vast majority of shareholders I doubt it would be a significant amount of money.
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 09:55 - Apr 8 with 1903 viewsPinewoodblue

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 07:12 - Apr 8 by Muncher

It also remains to be seen whether the offer will be made to the PLC itself, to buy all of the shares it owns in Ipswich Town Football Club Limited, the proceeds of which may then be distributed to the PLC shareholders, or whether some kind of direct offer is to be made to individual shareholders to either accept or reject their own shares, rather than acting as a collective.

We obviously don't know the amounts involved at this stage, but for the vast majority of shareholders I doubt it would be a significant amount of money.

When we all purchased shares we all knew that in reality we were making a donation to keep the club going while Sheepy found a new owner.

Can’t speak for anyone else but wouldn’t object to some form of credit note useable either in the club shop, season or matchday tickets. They could probably even afford, bearing in mind they end up with all the shares, to pay back in full.

We still have the fancy share certificates somewhere.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 10:16 - Apr 8 with 1855 viewslongtimefan

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 21:52 - Apr 7 by xrayspecs

Sorry If I have this wrong but I haven’t followed the details of this deal closely. You say,

“ We believe that £21m has been paid to buy the £100m debt owed to ME.”

Is this really the case? I thought I’d read most of the debt was written off, not transferred to GC20. If what you say above is true, that they have bought the debt, then wouldn’t the full 100M still be payable in the future?
Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 18:22 - Apr 8 with 1703 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Shareholders, how much will they get per share? Any clever people on here have a on 10:16 - Apr 8 by longtimefan

Sorry If I have this wrong but I haven’t followed the details of this deal closely. You say,

“ We believe that £21m has been paid to buy the £100m debt owed to ME.”

Is this really the case? I thought I’d read most of the debt was written off, not transferred to GC20. If what you say above is true, that they have bought the debt, then wouldn’t the full 100M still be payable in the future?

Not what was said in the presser. The precise language was that "£21m of debt has been repaid" To me that suggests a payment to whichever of ME's companies owned the debt to pay it off, rather than buy the debt.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024