Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we can safely assume... 14:12 - Apr 7 with 9712 viewsFixed_It

...that the players have not been in the loop re the takeover. Indeed, other than Evans himself, and a very few close confidantes (including Paul Cook), I doubt many at the club knew much about it.
The denial statement from Evans a few weeks ago was probably designed to put people off the scent - it is likely that too much speculation could have put the deal in jeopardy - he had to say something along those lines due to a non disclosure clause.
The fact that Phil's sources seemed to think that things had stalled, or were off, also indicates that very few people apart from Evans' inner circle knew what was happening.
Thanks go to Muncher and greyhound for giving us snippets to keep our hopes alive.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 14:12]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:25 - Apr 7 with 3755 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Considering they couldn’t keep a team sheet private, you’re probably right.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:29 - Apr 7 with 3744 viewsitfcjoe

Players found out when it was posted on clubs Insta, they weren't even given a heads up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:31 - Apr 7 with 3691 viewschrismakin

I think we can safely assume... on 14:29 - Apr 7 by itfcjoe

Players found out when it was posted on clubs Insta, they weren't even given a heads up

Fingers crossed then it 'may shake some of them up.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I think we can safely assume... on 14:31 - Apr 7 with 3703 viewsPhilTWTD

Players didn't know, Paul Cook didn't know until this morning, I'm told.
I think we can safely assume... on 14:32 - Apr 7 with 3676 viewsTieDyedIn95

I take the opposite view. I think they were aware, Cook even alluded to it very obviously to the point we all said hang on, so there is no way they couldn't know. I think the reason the results have tanked is because they did know change was coming, and much like Lambert, know their days are well and truly up at Ipswich.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:32 - Apr 7 with 3664 viewsMrTown

I think we can safely assume... on 14:31 - Apr 7 by chrismakin

Fingers crossed then it 'may shake some of them up.

Doubt it, go through the motions on the easy ride of Ipswich Town.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:33 - Apr 7 with 3685 viewsPhilTWTD

I think we can safely assume... on 14:31 - Apr 7 by PhilTWTD

Further to that, it seems Marcus has moved towards doing the deal in the last few weeks as it may have become clearer to him just how far off things are here at present.
I think we can safely assume... on 14:33 - Apr 7 with 3665 viewsjas0999

I know Evans said Cook will stay, but do you think his job is at risk?

I’d imagine he’ll need to get results quickly next season.
Login to get fewer ads

I think we can safely assume... on 14:34 - Apr 7 with 3634 viewsFixed_It

I'd be very surprised if Paul Cook had no idea. Doesn't surprise me that the players weren't aware though.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:35 - Apr 7 with 3636 viewsTieDyedIn95

What were those comments he made about big things coming in the summer about then, he couldn't have been referring to the Football Manager Data Drive could he? The CEO thing has also rumbled on from a week or so ago.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

I think we can safely assume... on 14:35 - Apr 7 with 3641 viewsPhilTWTD

I think we can safely assume... on 14:33 - Apr 7 by jas0999

I don't think you can ever say anyone's job is 100 per cent safe but Cook would probably be top or near the top of anyone's list for a job towards the top of League One. Obviously the relationship between the new owners and Cook will be crucial going forward.
I think we can safely assume... on 14:35 - Apr 7 with 3623 viewsPhilTWTD

I think we can safely assume... on 14:35 - Apr 7 by TieDyedIn95

What were those comments he made about big things coming in the summer about then, he couldn't have been referring to the Football Manager Data Drive could he? The CEO thing has also rumbled on from a week or so ago.

Just think the plans he was formulating with Marcus and Lee. I don't think there was any suggestion ME would have appointed a CEO.
I think we can safely assume... on 14:37 - Apr 7 with 3559 viewsBryanPlug

I think we can safely assume... on 14:29 - Apr 7 by itfcjoe

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:37 - Apr 7 with 3556 viewsTieDyedIn95

I think we can safely assume... on 14:35 - Apr 7 by PhilTWTD

Just think the plans he was formulating with Marcus and Lee. I don't think there was any suggestion ME would have appointed a CEO.

I saw some bits about the ex-Wigan man doing the rounds, I spose it could still be him. I just read into what Cook said, and the way he said it as sit tight, things are about to happen.

I think we can safely assume... on 14:38 - Apr 7 with 3547 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think PC and Phil knew.

In fact that Phil should be banned for trolling us all when he assured us nothing was happening.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I think we can safely assume... on 14:39 - Apr 7 with 3514 viewsMrTown

I think we can safely assume... on 14:33 - Apr 7 by jas0999

Of course Cook knew.

Players I suspect did know as well.

I think we can safely assume... on 14:39 - Apr 7 with 3493 viewschrismakin

I think we can safely assume... on 14:37 - Apr 7 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Maybe the new owners might offer a promotion bonus to the players....... I'd be straight in offering it if it were me.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:40 - Apr 7 with 3487 viewsMullet

I think we can safely assume... on 14:35 - Apr 7 by PhilTWTD

I don't think you can ever say anyone's job is 100 per cent safe but Cook would probably be top or near the top of anyone's list for a job towards the top of League One. Obviously the relationship between the new owners and Cook will be crucial going forward.

You'd think O'Leary will also vouch for Cook in that regard, it'd be very unlucky for him if they had a really big manager willing to take a big contract to manage a league or so down (Bielsa being a recent standout example) with a view to a project.

It also seems ME has squeezed out an even bigger cut in the latest development which tallies with what we've heard.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I think we can safely assume... on 14:42 - Apr 7 with 3453 viewsSmithy

sorry but that just doesn't add up to me. Part of the interview that Cook gave when he first joined (may have even got deleted or edited) alluded to something happening in the summer (OK its happened sooner) and also the message he gave to Blue Action indicated something was on the cards. The way he spoke of what will happen in the summer will get Ipswich fans very excited also seems an odd thing to say if Evans was still going to be here. Truly believe he wouldn't even be here if he could see little or no change at the club, and with Evans still here, there really wouldn't have been much change at the club, in order to progress this had to happen and I don't think Cook is as blinkered to not see that.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

I think we can safely assume... on 14:45 - Apr 7 with 3403 viewsMuncher

While Cook might have not known the specifics, he must have, via his agent been aware a deal was being considered.
I think we can safely assume... on 14:46 - Apr 7 with 3376 viewsTieDyedIn95

I think we can safely assume... on 14:42 - Apr 7 by Smithy

sorry but that just doesn't add up to me. Part of the interview that Cook gave when he first joined (may have even got deleted or edited) alluded to something happening in the summer (OK its happened sooner) and also the message he gave to Blue Action indicated something was on the cards. The way he spoke of what will happen in the summer will get Ipswich fans very excited also seems an odd thing to say if Evans was still going to be here. Truly believe he wouldn't even be here if he could see little or no change at the club, and with Evans still here, there really wouldn't have been much change at the club, in order to progress this had to happen and I don't think Cook is as blinkered to not see that.

I remember the same comments said in the same way.

I think we can safely assume... on 14:50 - Apr 7 with 3342 viewsGuthrum

Possibly it all came together quite quickly at the end. Agreement reached, no point in hanging around.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I think we can safely assume... on 14:50 - Apr 7 with 3331 viewsPhilTWTD

Well, he didn't, that's all I can say. Marcus keot his cards very close to his chest. PC was alluding to the plans he had with ME. He genuinely liked Marcus and was keen to work with him.
I think we can safely assume... on 14:52 - Apr 7 with 3272 viewschrismakin

I think we can safely assume... on 14:50 - Apr 7 by PhilTWTD

Well, he didn't, that's all I can say. Marcus keot his cards very close to his chest. PC was alluding to the plans he had with ME. He genuinely liked Marcus and was keen to work with him.

Blimey. I'd feel royally stabbed in the back if that were me. Not good from M.E

I think we can safely assume... on 14:53 - Apr 7 with 3249 viewsMrTown

Of course he knew, as did the players.

Not the key details maybe you'd imagine, but they knew.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024