Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ME is certainly a good businessman... 16:37 - Apr 7 with 1530 viewsdeano85

Am i missing something, or has he managed to pull of the deal of the century?
£40m for a L1 club, plus a 5% share, plus some land to develop... No wonder he wrote off SOME of the debt...
Am i missing something? Why were they willing to pay so much, even with his conditions, and still come accros thankful...?

Well played sir...
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 16:39]
ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:39 - Apr 7 with 1502 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Where is the documentation that confirms it is £40m?
ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:41 - Apr 7 with 1472 viewsTieDyedIn95

I agree! If he got £40mil for a third tier club that essentially needs a complete rebuild he is a fn genius. I just wish he had held out for sillier fees for some of the players we sold.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:42 - Apr 7 with 1444 viewsjeera

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:39 - Apr 7 by BlueBlueBluex2

I can't be bothered to dig it out again but in the piece earlier it said the deal was worth around 40 mill didn't it?

Which isn't the same as someone handing over that in cash as some seem to think, you'd imagine.

As for the OP talking about 'some' of the debt etc, he was never going to be able to pass on the amount he has lost, which has been a significant sum of money.

Let's not start pretending that to him this is little more than damage limitation when it comes to ITFC.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:43 - Apr 7 with 1437 viewsJ2BLUE

I think part of that £40m was the debt. So that's an asset for the new owners assuming we can ever repay it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:47 - Apr 7 with 1379 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:42 - Apr 7 by jeera

I can't be bothered to dig it out again but in the piece earlier it said the deal was worth around 40 mill didn't it?

Which isn't the same as someone handing over that in cash as some seem to think, you'd imagine.

As for the OP talking about 'some' of the debt etc, he was never going to be able to pass on the amount he has lost, which has been a significant sum of money.

Let's not start pretending that to him this is little more than damage limitation when it comes to ITFC.

Its the local rag, so I am loath to believe anything they provide as fact until the documents have been shared to be honest.
ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:54 - Apr 7 with 1299 viewsMattinLondon

Surly he’s just cutting his losses with the best deal he could have hoped for?

If you spent (for example) £200k doing up a house you brought for £100k but ultimately no one likes it. If someone offered you £160k and took it then you still would have lost a lot of money.

Not really a good deal just the best he could have hoped for.
ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:56 - Apr 7 with 1285 viewsIllinoisblue

A genuinely smart businessman would never get involved in football in the first place!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 17:08 - Apr 7 with 1181 viewsdeano85

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:54 - Apr 7 by MattinLondon

Surly he’s just cutting his losses with the best deal he could have hoped for?

If you spent (for example) £200k doing up a house you brought for £100k but ultimately no one likes it. If someone offered you £160k and took it then you still would have lost a lot of money.

Not really a good deal just the best he could have hoped for.

Personally, i think its a fantastic deal...

Remember, the house is no longer in a desired location, and aftervthe money spent on maintaining it (windows/boiler)... It is still just the same house...
Login to get fewer ads

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 17:10 - Apr 7 with 1163 viewsPhilTWTD

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:39 - Apr 7 by BlueBlueBluex2

No documentation but approaching £40 million was the figure I was given. I'm assuming the land is in that valuation but could be wrong.
ME is certainly a good businessman... on 17:36 - Apr 7 with 1044 viewsRoberds

I'm not sure he will be chalking it up as a success.

He's given away an asset and written off a loan of around £100M in exchange for a smaller asset and £40M. Would you be happy?
ME is certainly a good businessman... on 17:38 - Apr 7 with 1025 viewsCheltenham_Blue

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 17:10 - Apr 7 by PhilTWTD

No documentation but approaching £40 million was the figure I was given. I'm assuming the land is in that valuation but could be wrong.

Skysports said £30m this afternoon.

Guess we'll find out eventually.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 18:33 - Apr 7 with 843 viewsSwansea_Blue

My jaw hit the floor when I saw £40m mentioned.

But, bear in mind that Gamechanger Whatever Ltd would need to be sold for about £1 trillion before ME gets his money back based on his ownership percentage. So not especially likely. To me it still looks like he pissed tens of millions up the wall to makes things a lot worse for us. I wouldn't call that good business.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 18:36 - Apr 7 with 829 viewsPhilTWTD

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 17:38 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Skysports said £30m this afternoon.

Guess we'll find out eventually.

£30m was the price I heard initially, I think it's probably somewhere between the two, nearer to £40m.
ME is certainly a good businessman... on 18:48 - Apr 7 with 762 viewsPJH

ME is certainly a good businessman... on 16:47 - Apr 7 by BlueBlueBluex2

Its the local rag, so I am loath to believe anything they provide as fact until the documents have been shared to be honest.

One of the features on the EADT website says £400m in a typical EADT typo-now THAT would be a good deal for ME.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024