Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? 19:38 - Apr 7 with 3459 viewsMaySixth

we are essentially in their hands.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:40 - Apr 7 with 2892 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, we should call the whole thing off and stick with the bloke who cluelessness has landed into mid-table of the third division.

Still, new grounds and better football.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:41 - Apr 7 with 2891 viewsFixed_It

Do people post this sort of stuff in the hope that, if it doesn't work out, they can say told you so? (And obviously say nothing if it does!). Jeez...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:43 - Apr 7 with 2858 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Are we re signing McAuley and Gaardsoe?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 19:43]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:43 - Apr 7 with 2843 viewsTieDyedIn95

WBA is in a better state than Ipswich.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:44 - Apr 7 with 2830 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Tell us again about 5m Dozzell's transfer to Tottenham you did couple of years ago.
They’ll be better than Clegg and Milne on 19:46 - Apr 7 with 2776 viewsunstableblue

.... but then so would my mum

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:47 - Apr 7 with 2764 viewsIllinoisblue

Why do you still post here?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:50 - Apr 7 with 2705 viewsCoastalblue

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:40 - Apr 7 by BlueBadger

Yeah, we should call the whole thing off and stick with the bloke who cluelessness has landed into mid-table of the third division.

Still, new grounds and better football.

Harsh on Cook that, he's barely been here 5 minutes.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:50 - Apr 7 with 2700 viewsCoco

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:41 - Apr 7 by Fixed_It

Do people post this sort of stuff in the hope that, if it doesn't work out, they can say told you so? (And obviously say nothing if it does!). Jeez...

YES! So many do this.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:52 - Apr 7 with 2675 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:50 - Apr 7 by Coco

YES! So many do this.

Worked out ok for Fishers.

If you throw enough sh it, some will stick.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:52 - Apr 7 with 2676 viewsMattinLondon

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:43 - Apr 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Are we re signing McAuley and Gaardsoe?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 19:43]

Gaardsoe, a very underrated player.
Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:55 - Apr 7 with 2630 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:57 - Apr 7 with 2610 viewsFunge

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:52 - Apr 7 by MattinLondon

He was quality.
Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:58 - Apr 7 with 2599 viewsGeoffSentence

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:52 - Apr 7 by MattinLondon

I was gutted the day we sold Gaardsoe, really good player and it seemed to sum up our lack of ambition that we were flogging him for what seemed like a low fee at the time.

Still, he must have been the last player we transferred before he got crocked.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 20:06 - Apr 7 with 2520 viewsITFC_Forever

O’Leary was very well-regarded there.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 21:44 - Apr 7 with 2340 viewsTieDyedIn95

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:58 - Apr 7 by GeoffSentence

I was gutted the day we sold Gaardsoe, really good player and it seemed to sum up our lack of ambition that we were flogging him for what seemed like a low fee at the time.

Still, he must have been the last player we transferred before he got crocked.

Very much a Burley type of player. I never understood what Royle had against our backline. He sold Gaardsore and run off Veno, Makin and McGreal in a very short space of time. We then had to plug Naylor into the defence and rely on rubbish like Diallo, Santos and Fish who's mistakes cost us promotion.

Then again Royle also had Rueser on the books and didn't use him particularly well either. Had Royle kept Gaardsoe, McGreal, Makin and Rueser we'd never had to loan in people like Elliot, Unsworth and Mahon to do a job for a bit and we'd have probably gone up. Diallo alone cost us so many points in a season we should have walked the league, let alone the Playoffs.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 21:59 - Apr 7 with 2236 viewschrismakin

O leary didnt take a pay whilst helping at west brom. He steadied the ship behind the scenes and a lot those who worked with him were thankful for his input. Supporters overall were very happy with his help.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 22:23 - Apr 7 with 2118 viewsKropotkin123

I said I'm cautiously optimistic. That way if they do well I can say "That's why I was optimistic" and then I can throw it in the doubters faces. And if they fail, I can just say "I knew there was a high chance of them failing, that's why I was so cautious" and I can throw it in the faces of everyone who dared to believe.

It's a fool-proof strategy. Just got to not reveal the plan before you know the outcome.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 22:26 - Apr 7 with 2094 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A better midfielder or defender though?

McAuley was also very underrated. I was surprised to see him make a successful career in the Premier League after he left us.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 22:27]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 22:26 - Apr 7 with 2093 viewsLord_Lucan

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 19:57 - Apr 7 by Funge

He was quality.

So was his Mrs.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 22:34 - Apr 7 with 2006 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 21:44 - Apr 7 by TieDyedIn95

Very much a Burley type of player. I never understood what Royle had against our backline. He sold Gaardsore and run off Veno, Makin and McGreal in a very short space of time. We then had to plug Naylor into the defence and rely on rubbish like Diallo, Santos and Fish who's mistakes cost us promotion.

Then again Royle also had Rueser on the books and didn't use him particularly well either. Had Royle kept Gaardsoe, McGreal, Makin and Rueser we'd never had to loan in people like Elliot, Unsworth and Mahon to do a job for a bit and we'd have probably gone up. Diallo alone cost us so many points in a season we should have walked the league, let alone the Playoffs.

Those would be Mark Venus aged 36 who made 21 appearances for Cambridge after leaving us, Chris Makin who may have still done a good job and John McGreal who turned down the offer of a contract to move to Burnley instead.

I would imagine the ability to sell Gaardsoe and help plug a hole in finances would explain his move too.

Royle definitely favoured attack over defence and it was good to watch but it should have been no surprise that the squad was going to get weaker after relegation.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 22:55 - Apr 7 with 1925 viewsLord_Lucan

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 21:44 - Apr 7 by TieDyedIn95

I remember old poster Dalliance saying that he bumped into BFJ at a petrol station and questioned the Gaardsoe (sp) sale and was told "Oh, you like leaking goals do you"?

Now I'm not saying Diallo was a great player but one game he executed one of the best passes I have ever seen in my sad sorry life.

He was facing Churchmans but was near to the North Stand just forward of the corner of the 18 yard line and he passed the ball to (I can't remember) but it looked like it was going out of play before curling miraculously past the opposition midfielder into the path of our winger. It was incredible.

It was a bit like the circus bloke who played for Lags Eleven in Scorcher and Score

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 00:11 - Apr 8 with 1767 viewsPhilTWTD

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 22:55 - Apr 7 by Lord_Lucan

I remember old poster Dalliance saying that he bumped into BFJ at a petrol station and questioned the Gaardsoe (sp) sale and was told "Oh, you like leaking goals do you"?

Now I'm not saying Diallo was a great player but one game he executed one of the best passes I have ever seen in my sad sorry life.

He was facing Churchmans but was near to the North Stand just forward of the corner of the 18 yard line and he passed the ball to (I can't remember) but it looked like it was going out of play before curling miraculously past the opposition midfielder into the path of our winger. It was incredible.

It was a bit like the circus bloke who played for Lags Eleven in Scorcher and Score

Indeed, I know someone who had a very similar conversation with BFJ about Thomas G and he just didn't rate him as a centre-half in a back four. Just before he was sold he played in a friendly in midfield and that was probably where he would have played had he stayed.
Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 01:42 - Apr 8 with 1670 viewstextbackup

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 00:11 - Apr 8 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I know someone who had a very similar conversation with BFJ about Thomas G and he just didn't rate him as a centre-half in a back four. Just before he was sold he played in a friendly in midfield and that was probably where he would have played had he stayed.

his header, away at leicester i think, where he was jumping horizontally backwards and got the ball to pick up pace, and directed it into the far corner, was one of the best headed goals ive seen us score

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why will two WBA failures work at Ipswich Town? on 08:26 - Apr 8 with 1433 viewsSamWhiteUK

This board is full of EXACTLY that, constantly, even from regular posters
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024