Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! 22:40 - Apr 7 with 816 viewsCoastalblue

It's not over yet sadly by some way, and until countries like Brazil start dealing with it, or other countries without the resources are helped to deal with it then Covid will be here to saty.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:46 - Apr 7 with 790 viewsPinewoodblue

Nearer home just been reading an article in NY Times on the situation in France. Seems in a recent poll 70% approved of the measures being taken while 46% said they would flout them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:50 - Apr 7 with 756 viewspointofblue

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:46 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

Nearer home just been reading an article in NY Times on the situation in France. Seems in a recent poll 70% approved of the measures being taken while 46% said they would flout them.

That means at least 16% of those who approve of the measures will flout them?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:54 - Apr 7 with 733 viewsStokieBlue

Posted a thread on populism and Bolsonaro yesterday.

Nearly 4200 deaths yesterday in Brazil and he's still resisting a lockdown. It's criminal.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:55 - Apr 7 with 723 viewsPinewoodblue

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:50 - Apr 7 by pointofblue

I make it almost 23% or if you want to exaggerate 1 in 4.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:58 - Apr 7 with 712 viewsvapour_trail

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:54 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

Posted a thread on populism and Bolsonaro yesterday.

Nearly 4200 deaths yesterday in Brazil and he's still resisting a lockdown. It's criminal.

SB

He’s an arse, no question.

Not sure there’s any chance of lockdown in Brazil though, they won’t be furloughing the population, paying rent, supporting businesses that have to close. The money isn’t going to be found, so adherence would be minimal.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:00 - Apr 7 with 692 viewsvapour_trail

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:50 - Apr 7 by pointofblue

Depends what flouting means really.

When we were only allowed to exercise once a day, sometimes I’d take my kids out for a walk and then later go out for a run on my own. Suspect that might qualify as flouting for this survey.

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:04 - Apr 7 with 675 viewsStokieBlue

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:58 - Apr 7 by vapour_trail

He’s an arse, no question.

Not sure there’s any chance of lockdown in Brazil though, they won’t be furloughing the population, paying rent, supporting businesses that have to close. The money isn’t going to be found, so adherence would be minimal.

All fair points.

However there comes a point where surely something has to be done. They can't keep having 4000+ deaths a day with no sign of a reduction. It's not winter there (it's nearly 30C in many places), they aren't going to get a summer slowdown and the variant is totally out of control.

Small measures could at least be taken. He could encourage mask wearing for instance (he has already personally been fined by a judge at least twice I believe) and look to enforce social distancing with fines but he does literally nothing.

SB

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:06 - Apr 7 with 650 viewsvapour_trail

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:04 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

All fair points.

However there comes a point where surely something has to be done. They can't keep having 4000+ deaths a day with no sign of a reduction. It's not winter there (it's nearly 30C in many places), they aren't going to get a summer slowdown and the variant is totally out of control.

Small measures could at least be taken. He could encourage mask wearing for instance (he has already personally been fined by a judge at least twice I believe) and look to enforce social distancing with fines but he does literally nothing.

SB

I don’t disagree. They’re fcked all ends up.

Login to get fewer ads

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:09 - Apr 7 with 640 viewsGuthrum

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:04 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

All fair points.

SB

He is stuck in the same mode of wilful blindness as Trump was to start off with. Wedded to a large degree of personal machismo.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:11 - Apr 7 with 629 viewsCoastalblue

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:09 - Apr 7 by Guthrum

He is stuck in the same mode of wilful blindness as Trump was to start off with. Wedded to a large degree of personal machismo.

As my partner would say, we wouldn't get this with women in these positions of power, in this instance, and a few others she'd be absolutely right.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:21 - Apr 7 with 595 viewsStokieBlue

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:09 - Apr 7 by Guthrum

I think he's actually far worse.

Trump still a total fool though.

SB
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 23:21]

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:26 - Apr 7 with 557 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:00 - Apr 7 by vapour_trail

Depends what flouting means really.

When we were only allowed to exercise once a day, sometimes I’d take my kids out for a walk and then later go out for a run on my own. Suspect that might qualify as flouting for this survey.

The limitations of a binary limited survey.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:27 - Apr 7 with 553 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 22:55 - Apr 7 by Pinewoodblue

I make it almost 23% or if you want to exaggerate 1 in 4.

I don't follow your working on that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:29 - Apr 7 with 543 viewsGuthrum

Germany heading into national lockdown while Brazil aren't! on 23:21 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

I think he's actually far worse.

Trump still a total fool though.

SB
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 23:21]

Trump at least moved a bit when faced with realities of the situation, retained Fauci in position. Bolsonaro hasn't shifted at all, just seeks to undermine any provincial Governors who are trying to be pro-active.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024