Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even the Statement from the Owners 23:27 - Apr 7 with 629 viewsbournemouthblue

seems to suggest they have a plan

I'm not expecting instant results, it's going to take time but they seem to know what they are doing, their track record albeit on smaller projects has been good

Phoenix Rising seem to have a modern approach, aren't afraid to try different things, they seem to have some celebs on board with Phoenix Rising so perhaps they'll have a look at this as well, marketing seems to be one thing which would be a positive for us asides the playing side

My other take from today, given the players linked to other clubs. It explains an awful lot about some strange performances from certain individuals in recent weeks.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Even the Statement from the Owners on 23:38 - Apr 7 with 588 viewsCoastalblue

My big hope is that we are seen as a project, and not just one on the pitch. We do actually have the ability to if not become a big club, then at least a decent sized one, if somebody came in, took us by the balls and actually began to develop things around the baseline of the football club then I see a big scope for growth there.

Location is often used against us, it could also work for us if pushed the right way.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Even the Statement from the Owners on 23:54 - Apr 7 with 558 viewsbournemouthblue

Even the Statement from the Owners on 23:38 - Apr 7 by Coastalblue

My big hope is that we are seen as a project, and not just one on the pitch. We do actually have the ability to if not become a big club, then at least a decent sized one, if somebody came in, took us by the balls and actually began to develop things around the baseline of the football club then I see a big scope for growth there.

Location is often used against us, it could also work for us if pushed the right way.

For sure, we maybe in sleepy Suffolk but the club has potential

We built some serious momentum in the Burley years, we had 27k season ticket applications in 2001 for example?

That's how strong the club could be when well run!
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 0:04]

Even the Statement from the Owners on 23:59 - Apr 7 with 547 viewschrismakin

Even the Statement from the Owners on 23:38 - Apr 7 by Coastalblue

The way I can see it, IF they can get us back to the championship, and then back to the Prem in time, we would then see a new complex around Portman Road/ Waterfront/ Cardinal Park etc. I could see them looking to do big things with the area IF we got there.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Even the Statement from the Owners on 00:09 - Apr 8 with 520 viewsbournemouthblue

Even the Statement from the Owners on 23:59 - Apr 7 by chrismakin

The way I can see it, IF they can get us back to the championship, and then back to the Prem in time, we would then see a new complex around Portman Road/ Waterfront/ Cardinal Park etc. I could see them looking to do big things with the area IF we got there.

They seem to be keen on having their clubs involved with their communities which Ipswich very much is

I popped up to the club today just to get a naff photo with a US flag by the stadium but I walked around to the other side of the stadium and there were loads of youths playing football on the practice pitch with parents presumably all peering through the gates to see how they were getting on

I thought that summed up the club really, it's always been embedded in the community, I suppose the clue is in the name. The club represents the Town and whilst their support goes far further than the outskirts of our County Town, it's foundations and heart is in Ipswich.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024