Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
uppa towen 01:37 - Apr 8 with 472 viewstextbackup

Between trying to sleep, picking up the kids a couple of Guinea pigs there was the small matter of our club being taken over!

what a fantastic day for the future of this club. i cant bring myself to "thank" Evans for anything (time will tell if I'll do this for him selling us to the right people) but his mismanagement and ability to not learn from mistakes has seen us become one of the most depressing clubs you could be involved with.

Its not even been an emotional rollercoaster, because for that to take place that would require highs, and correct me if I'm wrong, but stumbling over the line into 6th, then losing in the playoffs to local rivals, who then go on to be promoted, isn't a high to me.

At 36 I know why i fell in love with ITFC as a kid, Burleys football, players I idolised, a club i was proud of. At 36 i absolutely take my hat off to anyone under 26/27 for following us, because its been horrible or the majority of that time. Today might just mean that the generation of fan we have lost might just have their ears pricked up a bit.

Its an incredibly strange situation right now with the squad, that we have so many out of contract, and so many that aren't even worthy of being in a L2 team. PO this year for me isn't happening, they lack just about everything you need to push on with 8 games to go. they are a bunch of no hopes that represent everything that ME's ownership has been. Seeing the back of them is the next big stage in the future of this club.

I/We have had the joy and positivity sucked from us, to a level that we've accepted such sht for so long, just accepting someone like KVY will be back again one day (for a game or two) that Drinian chases down the ball, that Judge picked up for a game. We as fans have taken such a beating that we almost believe we deserve nothing good.

Today that changed for me, not naïvely, because I know what a tough old game this is, but because the thing that annoys me with Americans is the thing I'm now finding myself excited by, their enthusiasm, drive, over the top celebration's etc - why cant us sleepy Suffolk folk be allowed to dream, and have our club in the limelight a bit. I want us to have an arrogance about us, a bit of fight (i try to ignore scum fans on twitter, but today when one took a jab at us i felt a rage to go back)

So here's to the future at ITFC, i hope its one to be fully of enjoyment and passion.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

uppa towen on 01:49 - Apr 8 with 435 viewschrismakin

Lol, on nights tonight text?

I've been awake now since 5pm Tuesday, tried to sleep before coming in tonight, but absolutely buzzing, which is strange as I've not been that excited about the takeover during the on/off stage, but now it's happened, I can't wait to see where we go from here. I think hearing that an actual Footballing CEO will be coming in, that's an immediate change.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

uppa towen on 01:56 - Apr 8 with 437 viewstextbackup

uppa towen on 01:49 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

Lol, on nights tonight text?

I've been awake now since 5pm Tuesday, tried to sleep before coming in tonight, but absolutely buzzing, which is strange as I've not been that excited about the takeover during the on/off stage, but now it's happened, I can't wait to see where we go from here. I think hearing that an actual Footballing CEO will be coming in, that's an immediate change.

all week mate! managed to muster the 2/3 hours kip this morning before checking phone to see time and I had about 30 unread messages..... big mistake.

All we've wanted/needed is a CEO to connect things together. i'm so sure that had ME gone down that route we would have had a level of success. but instead he's wasted millions trying to do things on the cheap

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

uppa towen on 01:59 - Apr 8 with 437 viewschrismakin

uppa towen on 01:56 - Apr 8 by textbackup

all week mate! managed to muster the 2/3 hours kip this morning before checking phone to see time and I had about 30 unread messages..... big mistake.

All we've wanted/needed is a CEO to connect things together. i'm so sure that had ME gone down that route we would have had a level of success. but instead he's wasted millions trying to do things on the cheap

If it's Ashton, he's on £600k a year apparently, so for the first time in 14years, we'd finally be investing money wisely and not cutting corners either.

My final night tonight, then 3 days off, so finally some sleep when i finish at 9 tomorrow morning, unless I start seeing some more stories coming in lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024