Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youtube deep dive, 80's classic 01:57 - Apr 8 with 661 viewsCoastalblue

You know the rabbit hole you can end up disapearing down?

Anyway, found this, not sure where I even started now, and just wanted to share in case anybody (very few I'm sure) are interested.

This is one of those tracks for me, I'm sure we all have a few, that sends shivers down your spine every time you hear them, even 40 years later this still has the same effect on me.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 02:10 - Apr 8 with 635 viewsLord_Lucan

Stop this.

It's gone 2am and I am not going down another wormhole.

Gotta get myself together.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 08:17 - Apr 8 with 552 viewsitfcpaul

such an iconic 80's track, I saw this interview and how it changed from a slow piano piece until Midge got hold of it, many will know my love and admiration for Midge on here and certainly will be sick of me saying this but it is such a proud day in my life when I married my wife nearly 5 years ago but also on the day had the honour of getting Midge Ure to play at our wedding, he did an acoustic set of all of the Ultravox/Visage/Midge stuff, he was awesome, such a talented amazing humble nice man, obviously played Fade To Grey.

Was also lucky enough to do our first dance to a Midge track called Breathe, check it out, not only the original single version but any acoustic version you can find, such an amazing moment

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 08:59 - Apr 8 with 530 viewsDebsyAngel

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 08:17 - Apr 8 by itfcpaul

such an iconic 80's track, I saw this interview and how it changed from a slow piano piece until Midge got hold of it, many will know my love and admiration for Midge on here and certainly will be sick of me saying this but it is such a proud day in my life when I married my wife nearly 5 years ago but also on the day had the honour of getting Midge Ure to play at our wedding, he did an acoustic set of all of the Ultravox/Visage/Midge stuff, he was awesome, such a talented amazing humble nice man, obviously played Fade To Grey.

Was also lucky enough to do our first dance to a Midge track called Breathe, check it out, not only the original single version but any acoustic version you can find, such an amazing moment

I remember the PM you sent me on this, shortly after I was lucky enough to meet the great man after the Ipswich Corn Exchange gig in 2019.

One Visage track I found over the last couple of years I had no idea about until saw it on You Tube - the dance version of Frequency 7 - well worth a listen to!
Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 09:51 - Apr 8 with 510 viewsitfcpaul

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 08:59 - Apr 8 by DebsyAngel

I remember the PM you sent me on this, shortly after I was lucky enough to meet the great man after the Ipswich Corn Exchange gig in 2019.

One Visage track I found over the last couple of years I had no idea about until saw it on You Tube - the dance version of Frequency 7 - well worth a listen to!

yep, know it well, like I do most Midge related stuff, sounds really sad I Know

Did I suggest checking out India Electric Co? Support and play in Midges Band Electronica, they are awesome as well, completely non 80's but beautiful music

If Covid allows I have them booked to play at our 5th Wedding Anniversary at the end of July, let me know what you think if you check them out

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 11:39 - Apr 8 with 481 viewsjontysnut

This has been on Sky Arts if you enjoy that scene

https://tvhighlights.bradfordzone.co.uk/television/tvprogrammes/blitzed-the-80s-
Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 11:44 - Apr 8 with 471 viewsitfcpaul

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 11:39 - Apr 8 by jontysnut

This has been on Sky Arts if you enjoy that scene

https://tvhighlights.bradfordzone.co.uk/television/tvprogrammes/blitzed-the-80s-

Watched it, really good story of the Blitz club and all those around it, thought it was interesting how much influence Steve Strange had on the whole period, and probably why he was chosen as the front man for the (studio) band Visage

After turning Mick Jagger away from the door telling him he wasn't dressed correctly or hadn't made enough effort or something similar, he went up in my estimation, I had actually forgotten he had passed away until I watched this..

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 14:26 - Apr 8 with 428 viewsDebsyAngel

Youtube deep dive, 80's classic on 11:44 - Apr 8 by itfcpaul

Watched it, really good story of the Blitz club and all those around it, thought it was interesting how much influence Steve Strange had on the whole period, and probably why he was chosen as the front man for the (studio) band Visage

After turning Mick Jagger away from the door telling him he wasn't dressed correctly or hadn't made enough effort or something similar, he went up in my estimation, I had actually forgotten he had passed away until I watched this..

Still got it to watch! We have a massive backlog on the TIVO box, but will get round to it someday. Loved the Trailblazers series on Sky Arts too - the New Romantics, Goth and Heavy Metal ones I haven't got to seeing but the Electronic one was fab, people like Kraftwerk etc. It will probably be repeated at some point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024