Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really enjoyed the press conference write up 08:01 - Apr 8 with 977 viewsMullet

It’d be cynical to suggest they are just laying on the charm offensive. Years of ME makes it hard to accept such a radical change of approach in terms of communication alone. The whole team behind this have been really active and I wonder if it’s more natural than a ploy to show they are totally different.

One thing that sticks out is the recognition that growth is not linear and will be done in modules on and off the pitch. That’s possibly the best message from it all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:06 - Apr 8 with 947 viewsMullet

Club have just tweeted this link

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:07 - Apr 8 with 932 viewstractorboy1978

They just both seem very strong communicators - and I'd assume that is why Johnson seems to be the front man/public face. I found it all very impressive considering it was a totally unscripted interview. They seem very much on the same page, to be clear what they want and as Johnson put it they have "a healthy impatience" to get us moving forwards.
Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:08 - Apr 8 with 915 viewsSteve_M

Yes, first impressions are good but they need to be backed up by results and seeing through what they want to do. There was more openness and an obvious understanding of football from O'Leary in 10 minutes than we've had from Evans in 13 years.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:23 - Apr 8 with 816 viewsBarcaBlue

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:08 - Apr 8 by Steve_M

Yes, first impressions are good but they need to be backed up by results and seeing through what they want to do. There was more openness and an obvious understanding of football from O'Leary in 10 minutes than we've had from Evans in 13 years.

Totally agree about O'Leary, a breath of fresh air to hear from someone with an understanding of the game. The word "humility" came up quite a lot from the Americans - we'll see how that pans out but again a very positive outlook compared to what might be expected from international owners.
Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:26 - Apr 8 with 804 viewsDubtractor

I don't think they could have said anything better than they have so far, and as you say compared to the last 13 years it is refreshing.

Obviously words need to be backed up with actions, but I'm definitely optimistic at this point.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:39 - Apr 8 with 757 viewsportmanking

Seems like Sky Sports senior journalist James Cooper is a Town fan too, based on his closing remarks!

We Iz Massive!
Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:44 - Apr 8 with 725 viewsPhilTWTD

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:39 - Apr 8 by portmanking

Seems like Sky Sports senior journalist James Cooper is a Town fan too, based on his closing remarks!

We Iz Massive!

He is, was brought up in Capel.
Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:45 - Apr 8 with 726 viewsRegencyBlue

It’s going to take a while to put right the damage wrought by Evans over the last 14 years but ultimately you are right, the new owners will be judged on results.

They certainly seem to know what they are about but time will tell!
Login to get fewer ads

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:52 - Apr 8 with 674 viewsCornishMariner

The great thing about their conference was the emphasis on high standards and the impression that this is very much a hands-on project. This is not just some distant rich person acquiring a football team like someone might buy a new sports car. It is a team that is ready to work very hard and leave no stone unturned. It's going to be a big culture change for everyone!

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 09:01 - Apr 8 with 630 viewsSteve_M

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 08:26 - Apr 8 by Dubtractor

I don't think they could have said anything better than they have so far, and as you say compared to the last 13 years it is refreshing.

Obviously words need to be backed up with actions, but I'm definitely optimistic at this point.

Just reading through the transcripts at the moment and the other thing that comes across is a sense of humour. I'm not suggesting ME has no personality but we just never got to see it, the rare times he deemed to communicate with us "fellow fans" it was so controlled that it ended up being bland.

For all Sheepy's many failings that was one thing he did well. He sold Magilton as a manager to the fans via the press before appointing him and that was clever.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Really enjoyed the press conference write up on 09:21 - Apr 8 with 539 viewsjayessess

"Charm offensive" is good after 13 years of occasional communiques.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024