Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cookie must be licking his lips! 11:41 - Apr 8 with 3565 viewsRyorry

Managers' dream isn't it? Opportunity to turn round slowly sinking tanker of a club wedged in L1, sell all the poor quality cargo weighing it down, & then have the freedom to assemble all the parts you need to build your own model side to travel up the leagues.

No doubt Newcy could advise on the best galley layout for testing of tactical recipes ;)

Seriously though, huge opportunity for PC to make a big name for himself, rising from lower leagues in the same way as George Burley and Bobby Robson.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 12:53 - Apr 8 with 749 viewsPique

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 12:51 - Apr 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

I remember Fulham as a 4th division team! Didn't they go all the way down the leagues and all the way up them again in not that huge amount of time? Certainly not a huge amount by today's standards anyway?

They did - think they nearly folded in the 1980s, but had a 1990s revival under Al Fayed.
Cookie must be licking his lips! on 13:06 - Apr 8 with 730 viewsRyorry

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 12:51 - Apr 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

I remember Fulham as a 4th division team! Didn't they go all the way down the leagues and all the way up them again in not that huge amount of time? Certainly not a huge amount by today's standards anyway?

Yep, 4th tier to Prem, in 1997-2001. Wiki has been a boon this morning!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulham_F.C.#1997%E2%80%932001:_Al_Fayed_takeover

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 13:45 - Apr 8 with 688 viewsJ2BLUE

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 11:54 - Apr 8 by chicoazul

Keane must have been licking his lips too. And Jewell, and Hurst.
And the cynic in me states that if we get to the Championship there is a good chance Cook will be relived of his duties.
I dunno. The more I think about this takeover the more despondent I get.

Disappointed in you. You're desperate to think of this negatively. Nothing to suggest he would be sacked, that is complete nonsense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 16:36 - Apr 8 with 632 viewsRyorry

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 13:45 - Apr 8 by J2BLUE

Disappointed in you. You're desperate to think of this negatively. Nothing to suggest he would be sacked, that is complete nonsense.

I'd have thought that the element of "newness", if nothing else, would spark cynics into at least some degreee of pleasant anticipation - football is (or should be) centred around excitement, & lord knows we've had precious little of that in the last 13 years.

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 16:46 - Apr 8 with 621 viewschicoazul

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 13:45 - Apr 8 by J2BLUE

I know I know. Just got bad vibes about all this, man.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 16:48 - Apr 8 with 617 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Roy Keane had a similar opportunity when he came in and immediately tore the team up, leading to further demise.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 16:54 - Apr 8 with 612 viewssolemio

The ultimate example, of course was Alf Ramsey. Division 3 (South) to champions of England.
Cookie must be licking his lips! on 17:10 - Apr 8 with 586 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 16:48 - Apr 8 by BlueWorldOrder

Roy Keane had a similar opportunity when he came in and immediately tore the team up, leading to further demise.

Cook has a far greater pedigree as a manager than Roy Keane.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 17:14 - Apr 8 with 581 viewschrismakin

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 16:48 - Apr 8 by BlueWorldOrder

Blue.. you cant compare the two in any way.

Cook has experience of guiding teams up from league 2 and 1 and knows how to do it on a budget.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 20:15 - Apr 8 with 492 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Cookie must be licking his lips! on 16:46 - Apr 8 by chicoazul

I know I know. Just got bad vibes about all this, man.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024