Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pension Fund Investors 13:53 - Apr 8 with 4562 viewsblueasfook

While I applaud new investment and new leadership, it rang a small alarm bell with me when I read GC20 is basically a front for pension fund investment. These guys don't mess about and want quick returns on their investments. If Town don't deliver, they will drop the club like a stone.

Back with more optimistic outlooks soon...

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Pension Fund Investors on 20:51 - Apr 8 with 738 views66notout

Pension Fund Investors on 14:41 - Apr 8 by Muncher

As a private equity fund they will typically want to be in and out in 3-5 years, they won't want to hang around.

Correct. There is nothing long-term about their plan and they already have their exit strategy firmly in place. I hope they succeed but let’s get it right - this is anything but a cure-all for the club’s ills.
Pension Fund Investors on 21:40 - Apr 8 with 693 viewsSeablu

Looks like anything between:
2 years
3 to 5 years
6 to 10 years
10 years minimum.
Depends on which willy-waving ‘expert’ you believe.
Mixed asset, private equity, high-risk growth strategy must also be considered.
Hope this has reassured you.
Pension Fund Investors on 22:28 - Apr 8 with 660 viewscressi

Pension Fund Investors on 21:40 - Apr 8 by Seablu

Looks like anything between:
2 years
3 to 5 years
6 to 10 years
10 years minimum.
Depends on which willy-waving ‘expert’ you believe.
Mixed asset, private equity, high-risk growth strategy must also be considered.
Hope this has reassured you.

Stop panicking pension funds put at least 80% into safe bets and 20% into riskier funds which we are in the Arizona fund is extremely wealthy and 30 millon is like normal people buying a big mac enjoy the ride. At the end of the day we was dying a slow death although I'm grateful if Evans has wiped the debt off.
Pension Fund Investors on 22:36 - Apr 8 with 645 viewshaynes_toe1

Pension Fund Investors on 14:52 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

Just tell him. The efl.wouldnt.have accepted it if the risk was a folded club anytime soon.

Well I think.

Yeah, definitely not correct.
Pension Fund Investors on 10:50 - Apr 9 with 566 viewsportmanroadblue

Personally, i think its more than just about getting into the premiership, think its about development on land acquired and the bonus is premier league monies.
Pension Fund Investors on 14:54 - Apr 9 with 514 viewsCrawfordsboot

I’m thinking would I want my pension fund invested in a football club?
Pension Fund Investors on 14:58 - Apr 9 with 507 viewsjeera

Pension Fund Investors on 10:50 - Apr 9 by portmanroadblue

Personally, i think its more than just about getting into the premiership, think its about development on land acquired and the bonus is premier league monies.

I'm sure the money the Premier League would bring in would dwarf any value any of the land connected to the club would have in no time at all.

A steady flow of millions per year as opposed to a one-off sale of some land doesn't equate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pension Fund Investors on 15:34 - Apr 9 with 490 viewsdirtyboy

It's a strange one because it's linked to a pension fund and the make up of that portfolio will be quite strict in terms of exposure to particular sectors.

The vast majority will be held in you average type investments, ticking along, growth, bit of dividend (think Tescos etc nothing groundbreaking, but always have a share of a huge market).

Some will be held in cash (a little)

Then a certain percentage of their available portfolio will be stuff that ultimately, they're not prepared to lose as such, but see it as a high risk high return strategy.

You won't see billions go in as it'll go over their predetermined exposure amount, but given what we think the size of this particular fund is, even a few percent is a significant amount of available investment.

They will have a plan and as a pure mad guess, you'd have to suggest 1-3 years to get into Champ, 3-6 years to target Premier League. 10 years on a high risk return, not dissimilar to something like investing in those little oil exploration companies years back that had bought licences doing seismic surveys and multiple rounds of share issues to fund further exploration.....all for nothing most of the time lol!
Login to get fewer ads

Pension Fund Investors on 15:44 - Apr 9 with 483 viewsbobbyramsey

Pension Fund Investors on 14:54 - Apr 9 by Crawfordsboot

Your pension wouldn't only be invested in a football club. Investment funds spread the risk across the whole investment spectrum, you have to have some riskier aspects as they're the areas that perform. You also wouldn't want all your pension only invested in safe areas as you would attain little growth and would be retiring on peanuts....
Pension Fund Investors on 16:27 - Apr 9 with 459 viewschrismakin

Pension Fund Investors on 15:44 - Apr 9 by bobbyramsey

Your pension wouldn't only be invested in a football club. Investment funds spread the risk across the whole investment spectrum, you have to have some riskier aspects as they're the areas that perform. You also wouldn't want all your pension only invested in safe areas as you would attain little growth and would be retiring on peanuts....

One of my friends looked into this and he said it would work out probably something like 1.5% of an individuals investment pot would be involved in ipswich. That's a small amount which that person wouldnt even miss if it fails.. yet if it succeeds....

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pension Fund Investors on 16:41 - Apr 9 with 452 viewsCrawfordsboot

Pension Fund Investors on 14:54 - Apr 9 by Crawfordsboot

Sorry guys I’m an FCA
It was tongue in cheek!
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 16:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024