Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, MK Dons then 18:09 - Apr 8 with 2594 viewsIllinoisblue

Are they any good? I fear a banter era home defeat to suck the life out of the takeover. Need Norwood and KVY back in the team.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, MK Dons then on 18:12 - Apr 8 with 2565 viewsKeaneish

Need Downes back fit too. The only way we’re making the play-offs is if we get some leaders on the pitch because at the moment, it’s devoid of anyone who can create a spark.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So, MK Dons then on 18:14 - Apr 8 with 2555 viewsclive_baker

No they’re not.

Issue is we aren’t either.

Nothing in the next 8 games should suck any life out of the takeover or Cook’s reputation here. It’s like starting a new office job and not being given a mouse or keyboard until the summer.

I hope our fans can sit tight regardless of what happens between now and June and give the club a proper backing now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So, MK Dons then on 18:15 - Apr 8 with 2545 viewspointofblue

This is a giant pre-season for me now. If the takeover somehow kicks everything into gear great but I don’t suspect it will. However, massive change is coming in the summer and that’s what we’re aiming for now. Saying that, can someone please remind me of this post when I’m losing my cool at the team on Saturday?

As an aside, they said on Soccer Saturday that MK Dons had the third best possession stats of every professional club in Europe - only behind Barcelona and Manchester City.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, MK Dons then on 18:16 - Apr 8 with 2542 viewsMullet

Lots of tippy tappy, especially across the back. They had nothing up front last time we played them. But signed Jerome since

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, MK Dons then on 18:16 - Apr 8 with 2540 viewsArnieM

Put your house on the ex nodge player scoring against us.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So, MK Dons then on 18:20 - Apr 8 with 2497 viewsIllinoisblue

So, MK Dons then on 18:14 - Apr 8 by clive_baker

No they’re not.

Issue is we aren’t either.

Nothing in the next 8 games should suck any life out of the takeover or Cook’s reputation here. It’s like starting a new office job and not being given a mouse or keyboard until the summer.

I hope our fans can sit tight regardless of what happens between now and June and give the club a proper backing now.

That is the crushing reality; we’re not very good at Division 3 football. Hopefully strikers and players with some heart and desire are high on Cook’s shopping list

62 - 78 - 81

So, MK Dons then on 18:25 - Apr 8 with 2462 viewsTheBoyBlue

Regardless of the takeover, for now we're still stuck with the same bunch of players that have generally failed to lift themselves, so I'm not expecting anything other than more of the insipid stuff we've had recently.

Still hoping we can still somehow get up this season, but not expecting it and this summer should be when we see tangible changes on the pitch.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

So, MK Dons then on 18:30 - Apr 8 with 2431 viewsFixed_It

So, MK Dons then on 18:16 - Apr 8 by Mullet

Lots of tippy tappy, especially across the back. They had nothing up front last time we played them. But signed Jerome since

And Charlie Brown. Got him from Chelsea for....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

So, MK Dons then on 18:43 - Apr 8 with 2365 viewsjayessess

After Monday I've resigned myself to this season petering out.
We've been pretty awful even with Norwood over the last few weeks and we can hardly rely on KVY coming back and turning everything round.

I reckon it'd take a perfect storm of Downes, KVY and Norwood playing at 100% for 8 of the next 8 for us to put a run together. Plus at least one other attacking midfielder - Judge, Edwards, Bennetts or Dobra - having a purple patch.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So, MK Dons then on 18:51 - Apr 8 with 2317 viewsMerseyBlue

This might be behind a paywall but the Athletic did a piece on them a week or so ago: https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.co.uk/2486603/2021/04/01/behind-the-sce

As the link states, 3rd best possession stats in Europe, which might not mean much in terms of output, but it would suggest we won't see much of the ball so will need to be quick on the break when we get it.

The reverse fixture was a dire affair, although that could be said for a lot of the games we've featured in this season. Fingers crossed for a new owner bounce...

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

So, MK Dons then on 18:54 - Apr 8 with 2295 viewsIllinoisblue

So, MK Dons then on 18:43 - Apr 8 by jayessess

After Monday I've resigned myself to this season petering out.
We've been pretty awful even with Norwood over the last few weeks and we can hardly rely on KVY coming back and turning everything round.

I reckon it'd take a perfect storm of Downes, KVY and Norwood playing at 100% for 8 of the next 8 for us to put a run together. Plus at least one other attacking midfielder - Judge, Edwards, Bennetts or Dobra - having a purple patch.

Sadly agree with that. We simply don’t score enough goals. We don’t even create chances. It’s not negative football we play, it’s nothing football. Nothing to get excited about, nothing to be encouraged by. Roll on the summer clear out and getting some winners in the building

62 - 78 - 81

So, MK Dons then on 18:56 - Apr 8 with 2284 viewsParky

MK Dons boasted the third-highest average possession share in Europe at 63.82 per cent, with only Barcelona (65.11 per cent) and Manchester City (63.84 per cent) ahead of them.
So, MK Dons then on 19:10 - Apr 8 with 2222 viewsBlueForYou

Two teams outpassing each other across the back four! Great.
So, MK Dons then on 19:45 - Apr 8 with 2130 viewsrattram

So, MK Dons then on 18:56 - Apr 8 by Parky

MK Dons boasted the third-highest average possession share in Europe at 63.82 per cent, with only Barcelona (65.11 per cent) and Manchester City (63.84 per cent) ahead of them.

In the days of PL when all we did was waste time passing around the back 4 and keeper, we always had better possession stats than the opposition, and look where that led
So, MK Dons then on 19:48 - Apr 8 with 2110 viewsBlueBadger

So, MK Dons then on 18:15 - Apr 8 by pointofblue

This is a giant pre-season for me now. If the takeover somehow kicks everything into gear great but I don’t suspect it will. However, massive change is coming in the summer and that’s what we’re aiming for now. Saying that, can someone please remind me of this post when I’m losing my cool at the team on Saturday?

As an aside, they said on Soccer Saturday that MK Dons had the third best possession stats of every professional club in Europe - only behind Barcelona and Manchester City.

No, no more 'free hits'. '

Free hits' is what got us in this mess in the first place.

We should still be striving for promotion still, if nothing else for the reason that there's been complacency and 'ah, we'll go again, it's OK' around the place for too long now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, MK Dons then on 20:47 - Apr 8 with 1990 viewsBlueBadger

So, MK Dons then on 18:56 - Apr 8 by Parky

How soon into the match before UB starts banging on about their 'high quality technical football'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, MK Dons then on 21:01 - Apr 8 with 1956 viewspointofblue

So, MK Dons then on 19:48 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

We should still be striving for promotion still, if nothing else for the reason that there's been complacency and 'ah, we'll go again, it's OK' around the place for too long now.

We just have very little in terms of creativity and finishing and that is much huge concern at the moment. How are we going to score the goals to get into the top six? Do we have those players in the squad?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, MK Dons then on 21:08 - Apr 8 with 1913 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One of the two clubs at this level with a bigger stadium than Portman Road.

I was interested to discover earlier that the Stadium of Light is actually the ninth biggest stadium in the country. https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_stadiums_by_capacity#

This season, if we somehow limp into the play-offs great, but it is what happens from the summer onwards that is really going to matter.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, MK Dons then on 00:29 - Apr 9 with 1733 viewshaynes_toe1

So, MK Dons then on 19:48 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

Yes! This a million times over.

Its not a free hit. We are ITFC and we should be looking to get out of the third tier as quickly as possible.

Cook wasted his first 5 games just continuing from Lambert with very few changes. Despite that we are still in touching distance.
So, MK Dons then on 00:53 - Apr 9 with 1723 viewswkj

Anyone who isn't expecting a draw at best at this point has the optimism Timmy Mallet. I doubt the new chairman bounce is even a thing.

It would be peak banter if we won all of the rest of our games though. Marcus would probably not enjoy that.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So, MK Dons then on 07:39 - Apr 9 with 1568 viewsChurchman

It will be interesting to see what the players do. If there were players or cliques of players who wanted Cook out and the easy ride preserved, that won’t work now. If players have come to rely on Ipswich being a byword for mediocrity to hide or put in 90%, that’s changed too. I suspect some will still feel that they are being held back at a garbage club and the big boys will be knocking on their agents door, not least because most are not the sharpest chisels in the box.

But things in the last month have changed. Players are going to have to show up if they want to stay or get that move to a Premier club. It’s over to them. I don’t think they can because too many aren’t good enough. Thanks Lambert. This eight games are not a free hit. They are really important stepping stones for Cook to build a team, to decide who stays. They are also important for the players. No more easy street.

Result: 0-0, but after a brilliant few days of hope for future, who knows.
So, MK Dons then on 08:51 - Apr 9 with 1494 viewsMrTown

Personally think Russell Martin has done a good job (painful to say) - has them playing 3-5-2 very well but apparently very inconsistent, as with the rest of the league can beat anybody on their day.

Kind of game we will slip up on.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So, MK Dons then on 08:57 - Apr 9 with 1470 viewsMetal_Hacker

Other than the result Saturday ,its going to be quite interesting which player(s) shows intent and gives us a performance worthy of keeping them next season

My worry being it'll be the same as last week - slow ,tedious and lethargic

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024