Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Ipswich could thrive in the next couple of years 22:08 - Apr 8 with 694 viewsWestcountryblue

Delighted to see the takeover finally completed and renewed optimism around the club. Personally, i think the timing of the deal also hugely in our favour and could present a real opportunity for the club to see some real success in the next few years.
The reason i say this, is that post pandemic mess football currently finds itself in may work in our favour with player & agent power diminished, the transfer market hugely deflated (and likely to be for years to come) and clubs less able to provide the long term deals and security that players previously expected. With over 30 players out of contract in the summer, market conditions and our new found financial firepower as a club, this could present the perfect opportunity for the club to bring in some real talent that we can develop over the next few years alongside some desperately needed seasoned pros. Let's not beat around the bush, the club MUST cull the squad mercilessly and aim to change the current dressing room culture.
To avoid a Luca Civelli, Veliče Šumulikoski, Tamas Priskin, Paul Taylor, Grant Leadbitter etc scenario happening again, i think the club would do well to allocate some of the resources saved through player releases on several UK and European scouts. Alongside this, a technical director, director of football, academy manager and a CEO with industry experience would all be astute additions to the backroom staff, as ITFC under Marcus Evans and the likes of Clegg, Milne, Symonds et al all had their pants pulled down in the murky world of football and by agents. To put it simply, the market conditions are there for us to bring in some fantastic talent to our club and we won't find ourselves in situations like we did with David Norris and Plymouth, but we must get the backroom staffing sorted before we look to invest. I really hope the club cut no corners this time.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 22:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024