Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... 00:17 - Apr 9 with 1517 viewsOwainG1992

Town Linked With Fleetwood Striker 1st Jan 2012 19:33
The Blues, Birmingham and West Ham are reported to be amongst the leading contenders to sign Fleetwood Town striker Jamie Vardy. The Cod Army are claimed to have turned down a £1 million offer for the 24-year-old, who has previously been mentioned in connection with Celtic and Huddersfield. 43

Crazy to think we could have got him in had we been a tad more ambitious.

Also hilarious to think how most of us baulked at the asking price.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 00:22 - Apr 9 with 1459 viewsrickw

The comments on there are great :-)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 05:16 - Apr 9 with 1305 viewsurbanblue

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 00:22 - Apr 9 by rickw

Love RKD's comment!
That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 06:52 - Apr 9 with 1205 viewsITFC_Forever

I posted the original story on here from the Non-League Paper and was similarly shot down, just before Phil went with it too.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 07:40 - Apr 9 with 1075 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 07:42 - Apr 9 with 1068 viewsFixed_It

I can hold my head high...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 07:46 - Apr 9 with 1056 viewsGarv

Strange to think. Although, would he have had half the career he's had if he'd ended up with us?

Unless we somehow ended up also recruiting Mahrez or Drinkwater.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 08:53 - Apr 9 with 889 viewsSWGF

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 07:46 - Apr 9 by Garv

Strange to think. Although, would he have had half the career he's had if he'd ended up with us?

Unless we somehow ended up also recruiting Mahrez or Drinkwater.

Really good point. We always, obviously, look at things from our club's perspective; if only we'd signed Jennings/Wilkins/Gazza/Gullit/Phillips/Verheyen/Kachloul/Jensen/Poom/Austin/Boyd, etc etc etc

But a sliding doors moment for the players themselves (and in this respect, Vardy) has COMPLETELY changed his life.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 09:04 - Apr 9 with 831 viewsTractorWood

That time we were in talks for Jamie Vardy... on 00:22 - Apr 9 by rickw

Good to see news commenters have found sense since.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024