Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD 08:03 - Apr 9 with 1363 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...and outdoors is safe innit!! What heady days these were...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 08:12 - Apr 9 with 1304 viewsbluelagos

If only...

You set up a forrest rave and I'll be there Bankster :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 08:37 - Apr 9 with 1278 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 08:12 - Apr 9 by bluelagos

If only...

Has to have been one of the most positive, uplifting and life affirming few days of my life....arriving in a convoy of hundreds of battered (and not so battered) old buses and such was as much of a festival as the event itself!

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 08:43 - Apr 9 with 1271 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We all need more moments like 3 min 14 seconds in our lives!

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 08:50 - Apr 9 with 1256 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:01 - Apr 9 with 1233 viewsbluelagos

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 08:43 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ken Clarke calling it outrageous...

Not too dissimilar to half of TWTDs reaction to seeing people sitting down sunbathing in parks this time last year

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:06 - Apr 9 with 1217 viewsRadioOrwell

...shouting "MEAT"! ...
I was there!!! on 09:07 - Apr 9 with 1223 viewsunstableblue

The second summer of love was originally 89 with the sunrise M25 orbital parties and the rise of dance music from Manchester and London clubs.... Labyrinth Dalston was a memory

But that summer of 92 and the West Country free parties with the travellers was just incredible, culminating in castlemorton in your video

We’d been to Lechlade some weeks before which was smaller and incredible; spinal tribe, circus warp sound systems... then news of castlemorton starting coming in... and we jumped in the cars and joined the exodus.... beautiful setting and huge scale - best thing was the DIY (Nottingham sound system) marquee on a little hill, Sunday afternoon, sun, incredible Balearic set... memories

Yes we need some of vibe and feeling of those summers... get people off the social media, the hating, the smart phones, the increasing right wing agenda - get interacting in a field, get some love out there.... one world, one love

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:18 - Apr 9 with 1182 viewsfactual_blue

If only...

Is Forrest Rave a relative of Forrest Gump, and would you find him at a forest rave?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:23 - Apr 9 with 1168 viewsunstableblue

No animal sacrifice... no party

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:32 - Apr 9 with 1158 viewsbluelagos

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:23 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

No animal sacrifice... no party

She weren't happy was she!

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:33 - Apr 9 with 1158 viewsunstableblue

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:01 - Apr 9 by bluelagos

Ken Clarke calling it outrageous...

Not too dissimilar to half of TWTDs reaction to seeing people sitting down sunbathing in parks this time last year

See similar Clarkesque outrage below!!

I remember the Daily Mail having a field day - making it sound like some dark satanic orgy with animal sacrifice (clearly there really was no animal sacrifice 🤪)

What no one seemed to mention, was that you’d had 40,000 people together, of what could be perceived as ‘fringe of society’ types, in a field, together for 4 days... with it seemed to me.... zero trouble or disorder.... apart from the lack of ‘latrines’... man, that was much less love, peace and harmony

Speaking in a House of Commons debate, the local MP at the time, Michael Spicer, opined, "new age travellers, ravers and drugs racketeers arrived at a strength of two motorised army divisions, complete with several massed bands and, above all, a highly sophisticated command and signals system. However, they failed to bring latrines. The numbers, speed and efficiency with which they arrived–amounting at one time to as many as 30,000 people–combined to terrorise the local community to the extent that some residents had to undergo psychiatric treatment in the days that followed. Such an incident must never happen again, in my constituency or elsewhere.“

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:34 - Apr 9 with 1155 viewsunstableblue

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:18 - Apr 9 by factual_blue

Is Forrest Rave a relative of Forrest Gump, and would you find him at a forest rave?

Yes

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:40 - Apr 9 with 1144 viewsbluelagos

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:33 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

See similar Clarkesque outrage below!!

I remember the Daily Mail having a field day - making it sound like some dark satanic orgy with animal sacrifice (clearly there really was no animal sacrifice 🤪)

What no one seemed to mention, was that you’d had 40,000 people together, of what could be perceived as ‘fringe of society’ types, in a field, together for 4 days... with it seemed to me.... zero trouble or disorder.... apart from the lack of ‘latrines’... man, that was much less love, peace and harmony

Speaking in a House of Commons debate, the local MP at the time, Michael Spicer, opined, "new age travellers, ravers and drugs racketeers arrived at a strength of two motorised army divisions, complete with several massed bands and, above all, a highly sophisticated command and signals system. However, they failed to bring latrines. The numbers, speed and efficiency with which they arrived–amounting at one time to as many as 30,000 people–combined to terrorise the local community to the extent that some residents had to undergo psychiatric treatment in the days that followed. Such an incident must never happen again, in my constituency or elsewhere.“

"some residents had to undergo psychiatric treatment"

The mind boggles. Remember Bully having a meltdown a few years back when some urban youths set up a rave at a disused mine I think it was, within ear shot of his village.

He was not happy at all. Not sure if it was cos it was illegal, loud or the idea of people having fun that most enraged him.

I was there!!! on 09:51 - Apr 9 with 1143 viewsghostofescobar

I was there!!! on 09:07 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

The second summer of love was originally 89 with the sunrise M25 orbital parties and the rise of dance music from Manchester and London clubs.... Labyrinth Dalston was a memory

But that summer of 92 and the West Country free parties with the travellers was just incredible, culminating in castlemorton in your video

We’d been to Lechlade some weeks before which was smaller and incredible; spinal tribe, circus warp sound systems... then news of castlemorton starting coming in... and we jumped in the cars and joined the exodus.... beautiful setting and huge scale - best thing was the DIY (Nottingham sound system) marquee on a little hill, Sunday afternoon, sun, incredible Balearic set... memories

Yes we need some of vibe and feeling of those summers... get people off the social media, the hating, the smart phones, the increasing right wing agenda - get interacting in a field, get some love out there.... one world, one love

I was there as well - 1989 and 1990 chasing rave venues around the M25! Biology, Sunrise, Helter Skelter, World Dance, Genesis, Labyrinth, Raindance etc and Mangled at the Braintree Barn (RIP Keith) every Friday! What happy, happy, carefree days. By 1992 I'd burned out a bit and moved more indoors to continue my clubbing days!

GhostOfEscobar

I was there!!! on 09:56 - Apr 9 with 1132 viewsbluelagos

I was there!!! on 09:51 - Apr 9 by ghostofescobar

I was there as well - 1989 and 1990 chasing rave venues around the M25! Biology, Sunrise, Helter Skelter, World Dance, Genesis, Labyrinth, Raindance etc and Mangled at the Braintree Barn (RIP Keith) every Friday! What happy, happy, carefree days. By 1992 I'd burned out a bit and moved more indoors to continue my clubbing days!

The barn? The cool kids went to "The fantasy" :-)

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 10:37 - Apr 9 with 1108 viewsPendejo

Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 09:18 - Apr 9 by factual_blue

No, it's one organised by a tall Canadian with a record for conceding multiple goals at Old Trafford.

The really confusing thing is the volume of Mick Mills sold at these events, I mean there was only one.
(See Viz way back when)

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I was there!!! on 11:23 - Apr 9 with 1077 viewsleitrimblue

I was there!!! on 09:51 - Apr 9 by ghostofescobar

Same here. Then Roast, Desert Storm, Exodus etc. The cool kids definitely went to the Barn, if only for the after parties
Time for another 'Summer of Love'...TWTD on 11:26 - Apr 9 with 1066 viewsleitrimblue

If only...

Does Exodus no longer exist? Movement for Jah people
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024