Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Hammond 08:55 - Apr 9 with 8632 viewsportmanking

Have been reliably informed that he is in discussions re. ITFC CEO vacancy.

Resigned from his role at Celtic to "pursue new opportunities" a week or so ago.
Nick Hammond on 08:59 - Apr 9 with 5003 viewsMetal_Hacker

Also has history with WBA

Poll: If it were one or the other

Nick Hammond on 09:05 - Apr 9 with 4926 viewsKieran_Knows

That would make sense given his history at WBA - I presume with O'Leary.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Nick Hammond on 09:07 - Apr 9 with 4897 viewsChrisd

Is that the same Nick Hammond that was Swindon Town’s keeper back in the 90s?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Nick Hammond on 09:08 - Apr 9 with 4898 viewsITFCLuke

Not sure his record for signing first team players, which he seemed to have a major hand in from my research is amazing, Jeremie Frimpong, Christopher Jullien, David Turnbull, Albian Ajeti and Vasilis Barkas. - From what I know maybe Frimpong for the resale value and perhaps Jullien have had much if any success
Nick Hammond on 09:09 - Apr 9 with 4865 viewsWacko

Nick Hammond on 09:08 - Apr 9 by ITFCLuke

Not sure his record for signing first team players, which he seemed to have a major hand in from my research is amazing, Jeremie Frimpong, Christopher Jullien, David Turnbull, Albian Ajeti and Vasilis Barkas. - From what I know maybe Frimpong for the resale value and perhaps Jullien have had much if any success

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6581643/hammond-penny-celtic-sum

Pretty damning

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Nick Hammond on 09:10 - Apr 9 with 4836 viewsITFCLuke

Nick Hammond on 09:09 - Apr 9 by Wacko

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6581643/hammond-penny-celtic-sum

Pretty damning

Hadn't read that, I guess that confirms it as a no thank you from me, although a lot of those names would improve us for sure so perhaps if he continues to target the same names, but maybe not for the 10's of millions it mentions he has spent on them
Nick Hammond on 09:11 - Apr 9 with 4824 viewschicoazul

Pretty damning

Sounds ideal.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nick Hammond on 09:11 - Apr 9 with 4831 viewsTrumptonBlue

Nick Hammond on 09:07 - Apr 9 by Chrisd

Is that the same Nick Hammond that was Swindon Town’s keeper back in the 90s?

It is. He has already done good work for Town, of course.

Login to get fewer ads

Nick Hammond on 09:15 - Apr 9 with 4749 viewsJackSted

Pretty damning

It's the S*n so it must be true

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Nick Hammond on 09:18 - Apr 9 with 4700 viewsITFCLuke

Nick Hammond on 09:15 - Apr 9 by JackSted

It's the S*n so it must be true

Very true, however the list of names is accurate and doesn't paint a great picture
Nick Hammond on 09:19 - Apr 9 with 4692 viewsitfcjoe

He did a good job at Reading when he was there, haven't followed much since

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nick Hammond on 09:20 - Apr 9 with 4659 viewsSteve_M

Nick Hammond on 09:11 - Apr 9 by TrumptonBlue

It is. He has already done good work for Town, of course.

Odd how Swindon conceded 100 league goals that season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nick Hammond on 09:30 - Apr 9 with 4548 viewsPique

Hammond has historically been a Sporting Director/Director of Football, not a CEO, so I’d be very surprised if this was true.
Nick Hammond on 10:02 - Apr 9 with 4324 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Pretty damning

Different gravy here though. Cook is manager, not head coach like Lennon was so he'll [Cook] be responsible for identifying targets along with the new recruitment team.

Hammond was head of football operations at Celtic, so was responsible for identifying targets and recruiting them, along with Lennon.

Here, he's be CEO. It really is a totally different job. Not only that, given the nature of the funding, the Yanks are going to be super cautious.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 10:04]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Nick Hammond on 10:04 - Apr 9 with 4299 viewschrismakin

Nick Hammond on 10:02 - Apr 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Different gravy here though. Cook is manager, not head coach like Lennon was so he'll [Cook] be responsible for identifying targets along with the new recruitment team.

Hammond was head of football operations at Celtic, so was responsible for identifying targets and recruiting them, along with Lennon.

Here, he's be CEO. It really is a totally different job. Not only that, given the nature of the funding, the Yanks are going to be super cautious.

yep, and PC will make it very clear that he will not work with a director of football.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Nick Hammond on 10:10 - Apr 9 with 4234 viewsPique

Nick Hammond on 10:02 - Apr 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

But he has no experience as a CEO, which makes me think this is all nonsense.

Also, is it clear whether the ‘recruitment room’ thing is part of the new structure, or an Evans wheeze that will now not happen?
Nick Hammond on 10:14 - Apr 9 with 4186 viewsGeoffSentence

Interesting. When O'Leary was being interviewed he did say that they were looking to bring a 'UK' based CEO in, which at the time I thought was quite unusual language if they were looking to hire someone from an English League background. The thought crossed my mind that they might looking at someone from a Scotch club.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nick Hammond on 10:18 - Apr 9 with 4138 viewsPhilTWTD

Nick Hammond on 10:10 - Apr 9 by Pique

But he has no experience as a CEO, which makes me think this is all nonsense.

Also, is it clear whether the ‘recruitment room’ thing is part of the new structure, or an Evans wheeze that will now not happen?

Hammond, as you say, doesn't fit the bill of an experienced CEO, so think it would be a surprise if he was in for the role. I've heard nothing to suggest it won't be Mark Ashton.
Nick Hammond on 10:19 - Apr 9 with 4106 viewsGeoffSentence

Nick Hammond on 10:18 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

Hammond, as you say, doesn't fit the bill of an experienced CEO, so think it would be a surprise if he was in for the role. I've heard nothing to suggest it won't be Mark Ashton.

Yeah, but you kept telling us you thought the deal had stalled, so what do you know

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nick Hammond on 10:21 - Apr 9 with 4080 viewschrismakin

The need for profits etc is what Mark Ashton is very very good at, yes there are alot of fans that don't like him, but from the clubs point of view, he is an ideal CEO in all aspects.
Experienced, knows English football. Knows how to turn academy players into profits, knows how to get alot of money for players.

As long as there is a very stern talk that PC is incharge of managing the team, and there is 0 interference from M/A in this, there's no reason we should be concerned.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Nick Hammond on 10:22 - Apr 9 with 4086 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Hopefully he dosent keep telling us how he has been at big clubs and handled massive pressure.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Nick Hammond on 10:31 - Apr 9 with 4027 viewsPhilTWTD

Nick Hammond on 10:19 - Apr 9 by GeoffSentence

Yeah, but you kept telling us you thought the deal had stalled, so what do you know

To give a serious answer to a joke comment, having spoken to people who knew what was happening as it happened since Wednesday, it had stalled on more than one occasion. Was very on-off over a fairly lengthy period and only finally got absolutely done early this week, although obviously the framework of the deal had been settled by that stage.

I hold my hands up that I should have had a story up at the weekend to say it was happening and again on Wednesday morning but for every source telling me it was happening, and I had a number of usually reliable ones telling me that was the case, someone else who I thought ought to know was saying they weren't aware that that was the case. I had a story written and should have gone with it earlier and the announcement came just as I felt I had enough to run it.
Nick Hammond on 10:32 - Apr 9 with 3992 viewsketton_itfc

Ashton is well paid at Bristol C, why would he want to drop to L1?
If we did get Ashton, despite his poor rapport with the fans there, it surely signals a massive coup to get him whilst we’re in L1 and suggests there are big plans in place.
Nick Hammond on 10:32 - Apr 9 with 3974 viewstractorboy1978

His name has been associated with it right from the start hasn't it. Would be very surprised if it isn't him.
Nick Hammond on 10:33 - Apr 9 with 3962 viewschrismakin

Nick Hammond on 10:31 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

To give a serious answer to a joke comment, having spoken to people who knew what was happening as it happened since Wednesday, it had stalled on more than one occasion. Was very on-off over a fairly lengthy period and only finally got absolutely done early this week, although obviously the framework of the deal had been settled by that stage.

I hold my hands up that I should have had a story up at the weekend to say it was happening and again on Wednesday morning but for every source telling me it was happening, and I had a number of usually reliable ones telling me that was the case, someone else who I thought ought to know was saying they weren't aware that that was the case. I had a story written and should have gone with it earlier and the announcement came just as I felt I had enough to run it.

I hope you've binned off that other source, he cost you an exclusive!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024