Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qatar World Cup Research 11:14 - Apr 9 with 3740 viewstractorgirlkeren

Hi, my name is Keren, and although I am Suffolk born and bred and my mum and I are ITFC Tractor Girls, I am currently in the Netherlands completing my master’s degree in Tourism Destination Management and I was wondering if you could help with my dissertation?

Topic: “Understanding the image of ‘Destination Qatar’ by British World Cup football fans and their intention to travel for FIFA 2022: examining their FIFA 2022 needs, concerns and expectations”

I would be most grateful if you could fill in the following questionnaire and share it with friends who also love football/the World Cup:

https://buas.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_430ZPOY8t0l0xVA

Thanks in advance!
Qatar World Cup Research on 11:25 - Apr 9 with 3662 viewsSteve_M

Done.

For all the modern infrastructure there have to be big concerns about the multi-tiered workforce and the use of indentured labour to build stadia. The Qatari people I have worked with are very keen to show themselves better, and more friendly, than the Saudis and generally they are - but there is still much the country needs to improve on.

Are you really a Town fan though? What's your favourite player and most memorable match?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Qatar World Cup Research (n/t) on 11:33 - Apr 9 with 3624 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 11:34]
Qatar World Cup Research on 11:37 - Apr 9 with 3599 viewsearlsgreenblue

Done, best of luck.
Qatar World Cup Research on 13:11 - Apr 9 with 3450 viewsPlums

Done. Good luck with your studies.
For anyone who hasn’t yet seen it, I can highly recommend The Workers’ Cup film on building Qatar’s stadia.
http://www.theworkerscupfilm.com/

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Qatar World Cup Research on 13:17 - Apr 9 with 3435 viewspimballwizard

Done . Best wishes
Qatar World Cup Research on 15:12 - Apr 9 with 3313 viewsronnyd

Just a comment, not being pedantic but, some of the questions are asking for our experience of an event that has not yet taken place.
Qatar World Cup Research on 19:13 - Apr 9 with 3134 viewsBlueBadger

Qatar World Cup Research on 11:25 - Apr 9 by Steve_M

Done.

For all the modern infrastructure there have to be big concerns about the multi-tiered workforce and the use of indentured labour to build stadia. The Qatari people I have worked with are very keen to show themselves better, and more friendly, than the Saudis and generally they are - but there is still much the country needs to improve on.

Are you really a Town fan though? What's your favourite player and most memorable match?

And what's your favourite cheese?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Qatar World Cup Research on 22:15 - Apr 9 with 3029 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Qatar World Cup Research on 15:12 - Apr 9 by ronnyd

Just a comment, not being pedantic but, some of the questions are asking for our experience of an event that has not yet taken place.

I think there were two parts - one our expectation/impression of Qatar, the other our experience/views on the World Cup generally. A lot of questions I did not feel qualified to answer but had to give my impression for.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Qatar World Cup Research on 22:29 - Apr 9 with 3012 viewsronnyd

Qatar World Cup Research on 22:15 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think there were two parts - one our expectation/impression of Qatar, the other our experience/views on the World Cup generally. A lot of questions I did not feel qualified to answer but had to give my impression for.

Yes, i see what you mean. I started to do it but decided not to finish as i didn't feel qualified as an armchair World Cup watcher. Should have asked my daughter and son in law. They go to all of them, Euros and World Cups.
Qatar World Cup Research on 08:34 - Apr 10 with 2889 viewstractorgirlkeren

Qatar World Cup Research on 22:15 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, this is exactly it.
I did fear that some may not be able to answer, so I added a "I have no knowledge" answer. However, your impression is precisely what I am looking for, this stems from what you may have heard in personal communication, in the media, etc.
Thank you for filling it out nonetheless.
Qatar World Cup Research on 08:35 - Apr 10 with 2886 viewstractorgirlkeren

Qatar World Cup Research on 22:29 - Apr 9 by ronnyd

Yes, i see what you mean. I started to do it but decided not to finish as i didn't feel qualified as an armchair World Cup watcher. Should have asked my daughter and son in law. They go to all of them, Euros and World Cups.

It is a shame you didn't continue it, but thanks for the effort!

If you could send it to your daughter and son in law, that would be great!
Qatar World Cup Research on 08:49 - Apr 10 with 2870 viewstractorgirlkeren

Qatar World Cup Research on 11:25 - Apr 9 by Steve_M

Done.

I get why you might be doubtful, but I sure am a Tractor Girl.
Had a longstanding season ticket in Churchmans and spent many the afternoon in Rileys, as well as the Legends bar.
Fave player has to be either Fabian Wilnis or Tommy Smith.
Most memorable match has to be Carling Cup semi-final, where we beat out Arsenal 1-0. The atmosphere was something else. Also enjoyed the journey to the Emirates for the second leg, even tho we didn't make it.
Estimating it must of been around 2005, I was also a mascot, but will have to ask my parents to look in my memory box for the specific year
Qatar World Cup Research on 10:43 - Apr 10 with 2790 viewsthecheek

Done.

Some questions that ask to compare Qatar against other potential host countries or those that have previously hosted may have been useful?

Good luck
Qatar World Cup Research on 11:45 - Apr 11 with 2329 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not sure what your questions will reveal - especially if some responders don't spot the repeated change from left being best response on some questions and worst on others. I'd also suggest that many of these questions simply cannot be answered honestly yet - in an event that is yet to happen.

I hope you have invited the people who awarded the World Cup to Qatar to complete this as well

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Qatar World Cup Research on 15:38 - Apr 11 with 2274 viewsSteve_M

Qatar World Cup Research on 08:49 - Apr 10 by tractorgirlkeren

I get why you might be doubtful, but I sure am a Tractor Girl.
Had a longstanding season ticket in Churchmans and spent many the afternoon in Rileys, as well as the Legends bar.
Fave player has to be either Fabian Wilnis or Tommy Smith.
Most memorable match has to be Carling Cup semi-final, where we beat out Arsenal 1-0. The atmosphere was something else. Also enjoyed the journey to the Emirates for the second leg, even tho we didn't make it.
Estimating it must of been around 2005, I was also a mascot, but will have to ask my parents to look in my memory box for the specific year

Ha, fair enough. Wondered if it was just a generic way to get responses but happy to respond regardless in any case.

Good luck with it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Qatar World Cup Research on 17:06 - Apr 11 with 2226 viewsJ2BLUE

Done.

Wasn't entirely sure what the context of the last question was. Difference in culture etc. Not sure what 1 or 5 meant in this context?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Qatar World Cup Research on 22:05 - Apr 11 with 2142 viewsNBVJohn

Done.

I noticed that you are studying in Breda.

I spent a lot of time there in the early 90’s, not long before our very own Romeo Zondervan played for NAC.

A nice town as I recall. I hope you enjoy your studies there. I have happy memories.
Qatar World Cup Research on 12:12 - Apr 12 with 2016 viewsChocorange

Qatar World Cup Research on 15:38 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

Ha, fair enough. Wondered if it was just a generic way to get responses but happy to respond regardless in any case.

Good luck with it.

Dine , would be interested to hear of some of your findings.

Good luck with it.
Qatar World Cup Research on 23:02 - Apr 12 with 1913 viewsClareBlue

Ok done
But the last section was mostly having no knowledge as I haven't been. It did feel like I was not much use towards the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024