Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No PC press conference today, Phil? 11:54 - Apr 9 with 3725 viewsSWGF

nft

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 11:57 - Apr 9 with 3265 viewsSteve_M

Booo, Clegg out,.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 12:01 - Apr 9 with 3202 viewsMullet

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 11:57 - Apr 9 by Steve_M

Booo, Clegg out,.

Well said Roy

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 12:05 - Apr 9 with 3177 viewsPhilTWTD

No, been so much happening this week, they wanted to concentrate on the game today. PC will speak after the game tomorrow and, I assume, again on Monday.
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 12:05 - Apr 9 with 3154 viewsPJH

Probably rescheduled to fit in with Phoenix time and as it is apparently just after 0400 there at the moment would expect about six or seven hours from now.
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 12:10 - Apr 9 with 3096 viewsBlueBadger

Cancelled out of respect of Prince Phillip, who's just died for the 5th time in the last 2 years.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 12:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:17 - Apr 9 with 2831 viewschrismakin

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 12:05 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

No, been so much happening this week, they wanted to concentrate on the game today. PC will speak after the game tomorrow and, I assume, again on Monday.

You've just ruined my match week.

Boooooo.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:25 - Apr 9 with 2790 viewsITFCBlues

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 12:05 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

Slightly odd? You think he's slightly annoyed with the situation?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:28 - Apr 9 with 2776 viewschrismakin

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:25 - Apr 9 by ITFCBlues

Possibly just wanting all attention on tomorrow rather than sitting through questions about the takeover

Let's be be honest. The same question would probably be asked but in a different way about 5 times.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:30 - Apr 9 with 2753 viewsPJH

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:28 - Apr 9 by chrismakin

Possibly just wanting all attention on tomorrow rather than sitting through questions about the takeover

Let's be be honest. The same question would probably be asked but in a different way about 5 times.

Yes but then you could have started a thread with each of his five answers, couldn't you?
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:31 - Apr 9 with 2756 viewsPique

He might be a bit annoyed if he feels misled by Evans. I suspect he’s keeping his powder dry for now and waiting to see where the chips fall in terms of the CEO appointment - that’s going to be the key to all of this.

If it’s the ‘wrong’ appointment from Cook’s perspective then I wouldn’t be surprised if he walks.
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:35 - Apr 9 with 2714 viewschrismakin

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:30 - Apr 9 by PJH

Yes but then you could have started a thread with each of his five answers, couldn't you?

I could have. Ffs really messed up everyones day

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:35 - Apr 9 with 2710 viewsabracaDOBRA_

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:31 - Apr 9 by Pique

He might be a bit annoyed if he feels misled by Evans. I suspect he’s keeping his powder dry for now and waiting to see where the chips fall in terms of the CEO appointment - that’s going to be the key to all of this.

If it’s the ‘wrong’ appointment from Cook’s perspective then I wouldn’t be surprised if he walks.

Bit dramatic. Cook won't be walking when the club is literally about to kick on. I'm sure he's excited for the investment he's about to get
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:36 - Apr 9 with 2694 viewsMetal_Hacker

Can't help but think everyone is seeing too much into this "missing presser"

Plenty happening in the world and at the club right now

Poll: If it were one or the other

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:37 - Apr 9 with 2687 viewshype313

Walks? Whilst he may not have known the deal was finalised he would have known that Marcus was planning on selling, or at the very least in talks with a party.

I'd be flabbergasted if he was completely in the dark, especially given Lamberts comments about them wanting their own man in charge.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:37 - Apr 9 with 2680 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:35 - Apr 9 by chrismakin

I could have. Ffs really messed up everyones day

No, Prince Philip did that.

I'm worried that Gogglebox may not be on. Sitting with the wife watching that is one thing, getting drunk during a 15 hour obituary marathon is something else.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:39 - Apr 9 with 2667 viewschrismakin

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:37 - Apr 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm worried that Gogglebox may not be on. Sitting with the wife watching that is one thing, getting drunk during a 15 hour obituary marathon is something else.

Sht. Emmerdale's been really good lately too. Ffs.

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:41 - Apr 9 with 2641 viewsblue62

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:37 - Apr 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

Should be ok on C4. BBC and ITV will have an all-night tribute to Phillip #RIP
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:44 - Apr 9 with 2629 viewsPhilTWTD

A bit unusual but I can see why he'd want to get minds focused after everything that's happened. He and the players didn't know the takeover was happening until Wednesday, so has been an unsettling week.
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:46 - Apr 9 with 2576 viewschrismakin

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:44 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

A bit unusual but I can see why he'd want to get minds focused after everything that's happened. He and the players didn't know the takeover was happening until Wednesday, so has been an unsettling week.

Not being funny but apart from when ty confirmed PC was also their favoured choice of manager... how unsettled could they be. Theybe been playing like they dont care about club anyway so a new owner shouldn't matter it wont effect them. Unless they're unsettled as they now think hang on I want to stay and move with the club so maybe MAYBE we might get a performance tomorrow.

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:46 - Apr 9 with 2575 viewshype313

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:44 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

Phil, he must had known Marcus was in discussions? or do you actually think he has been sideswiped by this whole takeover?

Concerning if the latter.

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:49 - Apr 9 with 2545 viewsabracaDOBRA_

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:46 - Apr 9 by hype313

Phil, he must had known Marcus was in discussions? or do you actually think he has been sideswiped by this whole takeover?

Concerning if the latter.

I think he was led to believe it was just extra investment wasn't he? Instead of a whole take-over
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:59 - Apr 9 with 2475 viewshype313

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:49 - Apr 9 by abracaDOBRA_

I think he was led to believe it was just extra investment wasn't he? Instead of a whole take-over

If that's true then it doesn't sound great, certainly from Evans's behavior.

I'd like to think that Cook will look at the bigger picture and realise he has a huge opportunity here.

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:02 - Apr 9 with 2457 viewschrismakin

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:59 - Apr 9 by hype313

If that's true then it doesn't sound great, certainly from Evans's behavior.

I'd like to think that Cook will look at the bigger picture and realise he has a huge opportunity here.

I think the fact none of the staff or players were told about it and found out via the clubs social media account is terrible and PC rightfully feels a bit stabbed in he back by Evans.

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:02 - Apr 9 with 2441 viewsPique

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 13:36 - Apr 9 by Metal_Hacker

Can't help but think everyone is seeing too much into this "missing presser"

Plenty happening in the world and at the club right now

I should clarify that what I said is nothing to do with the cancelled press conference. I just think he’ll be unhappy if he has to work with an overbearing CEO who involves himself too heavily in what Cook views as the manager’s remit.
No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:03 - Apr 9 with 2436 viewshype313

No PC press conference today, Phil? on 14:02 - Apr 9 by chrismakin

I think the fact none of the staff or players were told about it and found out via the clubs social media account is terrible and PC rightfully feels a bit stabbed in he back by Evans.

Do you know that to be true or are you just surmising the details?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024