Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) 12:09 - Apr 9 with 11592 viewsArnieM

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:36 - Apr 9 with 3667 viewsDebsyAngel

Very sad news - a man that lived a life of duty and support to his family. I feel so sad for the Queen losing her husband of 70+ years of marriage.

RIP Sir.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:39 - Apr 9 with 3620 viewsPJH

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:36 - Apr 9 by DebsyAngel

Very sad news - a man that lived a life of duty and support to his family. I feel so sad for the Queen losing her husband of 70+ years of marriage.

RIP Sir.

Actually that is it, a woman has lost a loved one.

The fact that she is rather a famous woman does not change that.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:41 - Apr 9 with 3610 viewsMJallday

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:39 - Apr 9 by PJH

Agreed. Whatever you think of the royals . A man has devoted his life to his wife and to the country he adopted .

RIP sir

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:48 - Apr 9 with 3528 viewsMattinLondon

150k dead through COVID and zero empathy shown by the right-wing press. Old man dies and an outpouring of grief from the press barons.

Get ready for that important doorstep handclap.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:52 - Apr 9 with 3474 viewsDebsyAngel

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:39 - Apr 9 by PJH

Exactly. Strip the money away and you are left with an old lady who has lost her lifelong partner, children who have lost their father, and grandkids who have lost their granddad. Anyone who finds it funny or making sick jokes need to take a look in the bloody mirror - heartless sods.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:57 - Apr 9 with 3403 viewsElderGrizzly

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:41 - Apr 9 by MJallday

Agreed. Whatever you think of the royals . A man has devoted his life to his wife and to the country he adopted .

RIP sir

This is a great little video

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:12 - Apr 9 with 3232 viewsBlueandTruesince82

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:36 - Apr 9 by DebsyAngel

RIP Sir.

V sad. By far my fave Royal.... comedy gold but also a good man I think.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 9 with 3199 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:48 - Apr 9 by MattinLondon

150k dead through COVID and zero empathy shown by the right-wing press. Old man dies and an outpouring of grief from the press barons.

Stay classy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:16 - Apr 9 with 3193 viewsIwasthere

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:52 - Apr 9 by DebsyAngel

Exactly. Strip the money away and you are left with an old lady who has lost her lifelong partner, children who have lost their father, and grandkids who have lost their granddad. Anyone who finds it funny or making sick jokes need to take a look in the bloody mirror - heartless sods.

Well said Debsy
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:17 - Apr 9 with 3172 viewsCokeIsKey

That’s enough Twitter for the day. RIP Phillip.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:19 - Apr 9 with 3136 viewsMattinLondon

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Stay classy.

Exactly what was wrong with my post?
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 9 with 3108 viewsfooters

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:19 - Apr 9 by MattinLondon

I'd like to know why my post was deleted too.

Racist man said racist things regularly and I have no respect for that. So what's wrong with saying that?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 9 with 3103 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A family has lost their husband, dad, uncle etc, and you turn it into an attack on the press.

It's an ugly thing to see, and I feel sorry for you.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:25 - Apr 9 with 3026 viewsManchesterblue

Just cant help themselves

RIP

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:27 - Apr 9 with 3021 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:17 - Apr 9 by CokeIsKey

That’s enough Twitter for the day. RIP Phillip.

Deeply saddened to see such vindictive, nasty comments made about a frail old gentleman passing away who was a companion to the Queen for 74 years, whatever ones personal opinions of the royal family might be. Guess this is just the way of the world nowadays, but a touch of common decency seems to be lost.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:27 - Apr 9 with 3017 viewsIP4_Blue

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

A family has lost their husband, dad, uncle etc, and you turn it into an attack on the press.

Why do people have to get political?!!
Prince Philip has died aged 99 have some respect, I vote Conservative but if Jeremy Corbyn died tomorrow who I cannot stand I would'nt be laughing about or making it political
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:30 - Apr 9 with 2978 viewsIP4_Blue

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:27 - Apr 9 by StochesStotasBlewe

Deeply saddened to see such vindictive, nasty comments made about a frail old gentleman passing away who was a companion to the Queen for 74 years, whatever ones personal opinions of the royal family might be. Guess this is just the way of the world nowadays, but a touch of common decency seems to be lost.

Just seen this on twitter what is wrong with people
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:37 - Apr 9 with 2949 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 9 by footers

I'd like to know why my post was deleted too.

Racist man said racist things regularly and I have no respect for that. So what's wrong with saying that?

I have no idea if anyone will remember this but when John mcririck died, I made the point (and thus an argument ensued) that specifically going into someone’s RIP thread to mock their death, no matter what they have done or said, is very distasteful. Unfortunately, as it was a racing death with JM, a lot of people said I was reacting because it was that.

However.. my point remains the same here. To make jokes on his RIP thread..I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all.

I don’t just aim this at you footers.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:38 - Apr 9 with 2929 viewsMattinLondon

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

My post was truthful. Thousands upon thousands of deaths with no tears shed from the tabloid Tory press. Old man dies and they call for days of mourning.

Know your place and your place is beneath their feet.

I feel sorry for you.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:38 - Apr 9 with 2917 viewsfooters

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:37 - Apr 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I have no idea if anyone will remember this but when John mcririck died, I made the point (and thus an argument ensued) that specifically going into someone’s RIP thread to mock their death, no matter what they have done or said, is very distasteful. Unfortunately, as it was a racing death with JM, a lot of people said I was reacting because it was that.

However.. my point remains the same here. To make jokes on his RIP thread..I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all.

I understand your feelings Rommy, I just don't see why I or anoyone else would mourn a racist.

Anyway, that's my last post on the matter.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:40 - Apr 9 with 2892 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:38 - Apr 9 by MattinLondon

My post was truthful. Thousands upon thousands of deaths with no tears shed from the tabloid Tory press. Old man dies and they call for days of mourning.

Know your place and your place is beneath their feet.

I feel sorry for you.

You just seem to be repeating yourself, sounding very bitter.

Agree to differ.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:41 - Apr 9 with 2875 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:27 - Apr 9 by StochesStotasBlewe

There is a lot of bitterness out there, mainly on Twitter.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:55 - Apr 9 with 2782 viewsbluelagos

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:37 - Apr 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm sorry Rommers, but when someone dies, their character, history and the way they have conducted themselves doesn't disappear.

Of course at one level, an old man (husband, dad and grandad) dies and that is sad. But that doesn't mean he was an angel anymore than anyone else who dies.

We are now to be force fed royalist claptrap for the next few days rewriting his life and frankly, I and many others have no time for it.

People being honest about who he was, how he conducted himself and what he represented isn't being disrespectful. Of course some people will wish to remember him as the royalists portray him, and that is their right.

Same as it is for others to be more balanced in their observations and memories.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 13:57]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:57 - Apr 9 with 2750 viewsBarneycurley

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 12:48 - Apr 9 by MattinLondon

Right wing press lol. Idiot

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:58 - Apr 9 with 2725 viewsGlasgowBlue

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:55 - Apr 9 by bluelagos

I'm sorry Rommers, but when someone dies, their character, history and the way they have conducted themselves doesn't disappear.

Of course at one level, an old man (husband, dad and grandad) dies and that is sad. But that doesn't mean he was an angel anymore than anyone else who dies.

We are now to be force fed royalist claptrap for the next few days rewriting his life and frankly, I and many others have no time for it.

People being honest about who he was, how he conducted himself and what he represented isn't being disrespectful. Of course some people will wish to remember him as the royalists portray him, and that is their right.

Same as it is for others to be more balanced in their observations and memories.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 13:57]

I always think that on the day somebody dies, if don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all.

There is plenty of time to discuss a person's legacy, plus and minus points when the body is no longer warm.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024