Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) 12:09 - Apr 9 with 11623 viewsArnieM

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 18:42 - Apr 9 with 1560 viewsfooters

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 18:38 - Apr 9 by Leaky

Good now shut up

Simping for a racist who wouldn't have pissed on you if you were on fire. Nice one.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 19:20 - Apr 9 with 1522 viewsbluebudgie

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 18:42 - Apr 9 by footers

Simping for a racist who wouldn't have pissed on you if you were on fire. Nice one.

How do you know he was racist?
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 19:24 - Apr 9 with 1511 viewsfooters

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 19:20 - Apr 9 by bluebudgie

How do you know he was racist?

Calling Africans 'spear-chuckers' and Asian people 'slitty-eyed', maybe?

Can't say I've ever said such things myself so may be an honest mistake.

But as I have seen from the other thread, you are of an older vintage (and possibly suffering the effects of senility) so maybe this language was normal for you. Unfortunately, it isn't anymore.

Sorry.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 19:35 - Apr 9 with 1486 viewsbluebudgie

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 19:24 - Apr 9 by footers

But as I have seen from the other thread, you are of an older vintage (and possibly suffering the effects of senility) so maybe this language was normal for you. Unfortunately, it isn't anymore.

Sorry.

[Redacted] on 19:35 - Apr 9 with 1487 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 19:53 - Apr 9 with 1428 viewsstantheman

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 16:27 - Apr 9 by bluelagos

Spot on.

If people wish to make negative observations about PP, when do those who object think it is acceptable? Tomorrow? Wait for the funeral? Do please let us know when you feel it is ok.

Personally I have no issues with anyone pointing out the good or the bad as they see it. Only one side of the debate (Monacrchists) seems to be determined to shut the other up.

And for the record, the day I die, if it makes it onto TWTD (which I doubt it will) I couldn't give a flying fck if anyone wishes to point out my many flaws, if they think it justified.

There have been many on tv who have commented about his failures and successes but no one, other than that odious poster on here, have called him a racist. Absolutely knows nothing other than spouting non sensical bullsh!t.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 20:01 - Apr 9 with 1437 viewsnorth_stand77

[Redacted] on 19:35 - Apr 9 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

People seem to forget the fantastic things he did and how he inspired and encouraged people from ALL walks of life, colours and nationalities to fulfill their potential.

He's done a great deal of good for our country.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 20:32 - Apr 9 with 1393 viewsjeera

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 19:53 - Apr 9 by stantheman

There have been many on tv who have commented about his failures and successes but no one, other than that odious poster on here, have called him a racist. Absolutely knows nothing other than spouting non sensical bullsh!t.

Except you're being quite aggressive yourself.

I don't have any feelings one way or another about Philip and never really have.

I believe the DofE awards have been an inspiration for many a young person and if he set that up himself then that is to be absolutely applauded. I have also been hearing people recite their experiences of him on the radio and they make him sound like a positive and likeable chap.

You could argue of course that negative comments aren't going to be sought for the radio waves.

But to not acknowledge he was a throwback to Colonial times along with those attitudes fully on show over the years is just daft mate.

That doesn't make the poster you refer to as odious, actually he's far from it and is a bright and friendly chap to people he likes.

You've handed out abuse in your post about him over someone who has lived a privileged life and has said many racist things in his time. That's not bullsh1t at all so not quite getting your angle there.

You can argue if you like that doesn't make someone racist if you like, that's your choice.

But no need for the abuse to a poster who disagrees is there?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 20:47 - Apr 9 with 1358 viewsstantheman

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 20:32 - Apr 9 by jeera

Except you're being quite aggressive yourself.

I don't have any feelings one way or another about Philip and never really have.

I believe the DofE awards have been an inspiration for many a young person and if he set that up himself then that is to be absolutely applauded. I have also been hearing people recite their experiences of him on the radio and they make him sound like a positive and likeable chap.

You could argue of course that negative comments aren't going to be sought for the radio waves.

But to not acknowledge he was a throwback to Colonial times along with those attitudes fully on show over the years is just daft mate.

That doesn't make the poster you refer to as odious, actually he's far from it and is a bright and friendly chap to people he likes.

You've handed out abuse in your post about him over someone who has lived a privileged life and has said many racist things in his time. That's not bullsh1t at all so not quite getting your angle there.

You can argue if you like that doesn't make someone racist if you like, that's your choice.

But no need for the abuse to a poster who disagrees is there?

My problem is that he said that PP was racist. It's something he perceives as fact, not actually fact. If someone black, for instance, says something which is factually wrong and someone else comes back to strongly disagree, the politically correct seem to come back shouting "racist". Meanwhile the poster maybe a very nice person but that doesn't give him free reign to spout his one eyed nonsense. Disrespectful in my eyes. Might be the way I was brought up and my age.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:13 - Apr 9 with 1339 viewsEnigma_Blue

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 9 by footers

I'd like to know why my post was deleted too.

Racist man said racist things regularly and I have no respect for that. So what's wrong with saying that?

Well if you really feel that you must why not start a separate thread instead and leave this RIP one to those who wish to pay their respects in some way.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:17 - Apr 9 with 1328 viewsPhilTWTD

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:38 - Apr 9 by MattinLondon

My post was truthful. Thousands upon thousands of deaths with no tears shed from the tabloid Tory press. Old man dies and they call for days of mourning.

Know your place and your place is beneath their feet.

I feel sorry for you.

Your post wasn't a problem, a number of other posts got culled with a bit of a row which developed because of the way the admin system works.
RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:19 - Apr 9 with 1311 viewsjeera

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 20:47 - Apr 9 by stantheman

My problem is that he said that PP was racist. It's something he perceives as fact, not actually fact. If someone black, for instance, says something which is factually wrong and someone else comes back to strongly disagree, the politically correct seem to come back shouting "racist". Meanwhile the poster maybe a very nice person but that doesn't give him free reign to spout his one eyed nonsense. Disrespectful in my eyes. Might be the way I was brought up and my age.

I think you may be missing the point a bit there though.

It's not a secret that Philip said racist things. That's not opinion.

Like I say if you want to argue that's a sign of conditioning I would politely disagree but that's partly because I'm not about to argue about a man who has just died.

I also don't believe in speaking ill of the [recently] deceased but that doesn't mean everyone sees it that way. I just don't do it myself if I can help it.

If it were a dangerous person, someone different in different circumstances then that rule goes out of the window naturally. You know, dictators etc.

A very reasoned post..... on 21:25 - Apr 9 with 1286 viewsBloots

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:19 - Apr 9 by jeera

I think you may be missing the point a bit there though.

It's not a secret that Philip said racist things. That's not opinion.

Like I say if you want to argue that's a sign of conditioning I would politely disagree but that's partly because I'm not about to argue about a man who has just died.

I also don't believe in speaking ill of the [recently] deceased but that doesn't mean everyone sees it that way. I just don't do it myself if I can help it.

If it were a dangerous person, someone different in different circumstances then that rule goes out of the window naturally. You know, dictators etc.

.....people can have opinions, sometimes very strong ones, without needing to become abusive or offensive.

There's also the more general point around common decency.

x

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

A very reasoned post..... on 21:29 - Apr 9 with 1262 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A very reasoned post..... on 21:25 - Apr 9 by Bloots

.....people can have opinions, sometimes very strong ones, without needing to become abusive or offensive.

There's also the more general point around common decency.

x

Sadly, common decency seems to be lacking in all walks of life nowadays.... but then i am a somewhat old crusty cynical sod.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:31 - Apr 9 with 1257 viewsBiGDonnie

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 9 by footers

I'd like to know why my post was deleted too.

Racist man said racist things regularly and I have no respect for that. So what's wrong with saying that?

Have a day off son.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:34 - Apr 9 with 1240 viewsjeera

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 16:34 - Apr 9 by jeera

Am I allowed to mention you falling off your bike?

There we go - look at this.

A downvote from bluebudgie.

How does that work?

Bluebudgie respond to this please because it's weird how you keep doing this around the board. I reckon you're a Nodge fan myself but feel free to say so if not.

Phil, see what this poster does? Goes through threads downvoting anything on a wind-up, then makes a single post once a week or so. It's not normal, even for here.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:36 - Apr 9 with 1227 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:34 - Apr 9 by jeera

There we go - look at this.

A downvote from bluebudgie.

How does that work?

Bluebudgie respond to this please because it's weird how you keep doing this around the board. I reckon you're a Nodge fan myself but feel free to say so if not.

Phil, see what this poster does? Goes through threads downvoting anything on a wind-up, then makes a single post once a week or so. It's not normal, even for here.

Don't let it bother you fella.

You're a decent chap.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:38 - Apr 9 with 1217 viewsjeera

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:36 - Apr 9 by StochesStotasBlewe

Don't let it bother you fella.

You're a decent chap.

It's not that, he's a budgie who's been running riot through here for months.

He needs to go if his sole purpose is to troll Town fans.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:48 - Apr 9 with 1188 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:38 - Apr 9 by jeera

It's not that, he's a budgie who's been running riot through here for months.

He needs to go if his sole purpose is to troll Town fans.

He's a big Town fan of many years and has been all over the country watching them - longer than you and me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:49 - Apr 9 with 1185 viewsjeera

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:48 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

He's a big Town fan of many years and has been all over the country watching them - longer than you and me.

Then why does he behave so strangely?

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:54 - Apr 9 with 1175 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:49 - Apr 9 by jeera

Then why does he behave so strangely?

To be honest I have missed most of todays ramblings so I don't fully know what's been said.

I have skim read a few threads but I think I might have got confused as they all appear to be merging into one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:58 - Apr 9 with 1164 viewsjeera

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 21:54 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

To be honest I have missed most of todays ramblings so I don't fully know what's been said.

I have skim read a few threads but I think I might have got confused as they all appear to be merging into one.

Save yourself a headache and log off and open something.

I was going to say find something on TV but good luck with that.

I've just had a Melford Valley Indian and have to say it wasn't great. I do have a bottle of red now open though so Netflix it is.

*downvote*

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 22:14 - Apr 9 with 1140 viewsGlasgowBlue

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 19:24 - Apr 9 by footers

Sorry.

I was particularly offended when he told a couple of Jews that despite living here most of their lives, they still didn’t get English irony. The daft old racist.

I can see why you have no respect for him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 22:24 - Apr 9 with 1122 viewsfooters

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 22:14 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

I was particularly offended when he told a couple of Jews that despite living here most of their lives, they still didn’t get English irony. The daft old racist.

I can see why you have no respect for him.

Interesting.

You post about having dignity and reverence for Phil, then go on to make cheap political capital from it about a Labour Party leader who hasn't been in power for a year.

And as TWTD's most famous anti-racist you praise this man who has called Africans 'spear-chuckers' and Asian people 'slitty-eyed' amongst many other things.

Well done, you.

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 22:45 - Apr 9 with 1082 viewsbluebudgie

RIP Prince Phillip (n/t) on 22:24 - Apr 9 by footers

Interesting.

You post about having dignity and reverence for Phil, then go on to make cheap political capital from it about a Labour Party leader who hasn't been in power for a year.

And as TWTD's most famous anti-racist you praise this man who has called Africans 'spear-chuckers' and Asian people 'slitty-eyed' amongst many other things.

Well done, you.

As stated earlier" give it a rest son"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024