Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Given our position in the league 15:03 - Apr 9 with 815 viewsCrawfordsboot

Would it be a smart move by the new owners to lob in a significant bonus pool available as an incentive to get into and through the play offs. Some players who reckon they will be dumped whether or not we get promoted this year could at least then be heavily motivated.
Given our position in the league on 15:13 - Apr 9 with 756 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Would it be smart to alter contracts for umpteen players prior to the close season? The bonus should be an increased pay packet in the Championship which they will likely all have written into their contracts unless Evans was really that much of a dud. If they aren't motivated by a pay increase and a chance to play their trade in one of the biggest leagues in the world then I doubt another bonus will. They've shown the new manager nothing, they have expressed no excitement or joy on social media about the change and when they were in the Championship they had no fight to stay there anyway.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Given our position in the league on 15:14 - Apr 9 with 752 viewsPinewoodblue

Given our position in the league on 15:13 - Apr 9 by BlueWorldOrder

Would it be smart to alter contracts for umpteen players prior to the close season? The bonus should be an increased pay packet in the Championship which they will likely all have written into their contracts unless Evans was really that much of a dud. If they aren't motivated by a pay increase and a chance to play their trade in one of the biggest leagues in the world then I doubt another bonus will. They've shown the new manager nothing, they have expressed no excitement or joy on social media about the change and when they were in the Championship they had no fight to stay there anyway.

Looks like you didn't understand the original post!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Given our position in the league on 15:16 - Apr 9 with 742 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Given our position in the league on 15:14 - Apr 9 by Pinewoodblue

Looks like you didn't understand the original post!

Online communication is not my strength, I am sorry.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Given our position in the league on 15:21 - Apr 9 with 729 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's normal practice to have them, so it's likely they've already been incentivised. Sadly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Given our position in the league on 16:02 - Apr 9 with 673 viewsjayessess

I don't know why everyone thinks it's motivation that's the problem? If they aren't motivated by progressing their own careers why would a promotion bonus do anything?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Given our position in the league on 16:07 - Apr 9 with 656 viewschrismakin

Given our position in the league on 16:02 - Apr 9 by jayessess

I don't know why everyone thinks it's motivation that's the problem? If they aren't motivated by progressing their own careers why would a promotion bonus do anything?

Because most of them will have had agents already fixing them moves away from town. I can see motivation being an issue.. why bother putting in more effort than you need to for a club you're leaving. You will still get the same pay if you win or not.

Theres just no way this squad is playing with maximum output.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Given our position in the league on 16:53 - Apr 9 with 607 viewsCrawfordsboot

Given our position in the league on 16:07 - Apr 9 by chrismakin

Because most of them will have had agents already fixing them moves away from town. I can see motivation being an issue.. why bother putting in more effort than you need to for a club you're leaving. You will still get the same pay if you win or not.

Agents working for them or not this year is going to be something of a sh****orm for all players out of contract. There are going to be clubs going bust and reduced squads all round. Quite a lot of players will be unemployed. Anyone thinking they might be in that position will probably need to earn a cash cushion thus my suggestion that a bonus for getting into the play offs might be productive.

Professional pride is an ideal but in truth there will be plenty of players who will be afraid of winning promotion if they think that once promoted they would be likely to be dumped ASAP for better players. I have seen this attitude referenced by a number of old pros. If you think about it how many of our current squad do you think would be offered a contract to remain with us in the championship.
Given our position in the league on 16:56 - Apr 9 with 589 viewschrismakin

Given our position in the league on 16:53 - Apr 9 by Crawfordsboot

Agents working for them or not this year is going to be something of a sh****orm for all players out of contract. There are going to be clubs going bust and reduced squads all round. Quite a lot of players will be unemployed. Anyone thinking they might be in that position will probably need to earn a cash cushion thus my suggestion that a bonus for getting into the play offs might be productive.

Professional pride is an ideal but in truth there will be plenty of players who will be afraid of winning promotion if they think that once promoted they would be likely to be dumped ASAP for better players. I have seen this attitude referenced by a number of old pros. If you think about it how many of our current squad do you think would be offered a contract to remain with us in the championship.

Oh I agree on the bonus.. that would be my first act as we owner. It's the only way we have any chance of ending up on play offs.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

Given our position in the league on 17:25 - Apr 9 with 553 viewsjayessess

Given our position in the league on 16:07 - Apr 9 by chrismakin

Any agent with a half a brain will be telling their clients that this Summer is going to be very difficult and more so if they've been playing badly for several months. No one will have anything fixed up.

Given our position in the league on 17:27 - Apr 9 with 545 viewschrismakin

Given our position in the league on 17:25 - Apr 9 by jayessess

Any agent with a half a brain will be telling their clients that this Summer is going to be very difficult and more so if they've been playing badly for several months. No one will have anything fixed up.

If that were the case would you not be putting in everything you've got to
1.. win a new contract
2.. showcase your talents
3.. get promoted on your cv

Given our position in the league on 17:40 - Apr 9 with 527 viewsjayessess

Given our position in the league on 17:27 - Apr 9 by chrismakin

If that were the case would you not be putting in everything you've got to
1.. win a new contract
2.. showcase your talents
3.. get promoted on your cv

Yes, I would and so would anyone. Which is why I just don't buy the idea that they're all phoning it in. There are lots of reasons why footballers play badly that have nothing to do with motivation.

Who amongst them will have a good move already lined up? What do you think Gwion Edwards' bargaining position with prospective new clubs looks like when he hasn't scored since October? Or Jackson's with his 1 goal in 21? Come on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024