Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One slice of bread folded over with a filling. 20:17 - Apr 9 with 1038 viewsChateauWines

One slice of bread folded over with a filling.

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 20:19 - Apr 9 with 1015 viewsJ2BLUE

Now we're American i think you'll find rolls are sandwiches too.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 20:22 - Apr 9 with 994 viewsEwan_Oozami

I think Bertrand Russell himself would enjoy this debate..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 20:47 - Apr 9 with 954 viewsKeno

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 20:22 - Apr 9 by Ewan_Oozami

I think Bertrand Russell himself would enjoy this debate..

I know a few Jack Russells who would!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 21:17 - Apr 9 with 922 viewsLord_Lucan

It is one round of bread folded in half.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 21:22 - Apr 9 with 909 viewsjeera

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 21:17 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

Why are they called rounds?

When we moved to Suffolk I'd not heard that before and spent years wondering if a round meant a slice or a sandwich.

It seemed to mean different things to different people.

So when faced with, "How many rounds would you like?" I never quite knew what was coming.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:00 - Apr 9 with 879 viewsLord_Lucan

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 21:22 - Apr 9 by jeera

When we moved to Suffolk I'd not heard that before and spent years wondering if a round meant a slice or a sandwich.

So when faced with, "How many rounds would you like?" I never quite knew what was coming.

I didn't think it was known in Suffolk. When I was growing up in London I was asked how many rounds of bread I wanted. If I ask that to my wife she never understands what I am talking about.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:06 - Apr 9 with 866 viewsjeera

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:00 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

I didn't think it was known in Suffolk. When I was growing up in London I was asked how many rounds of bread I wanted. If I ask that to my wife she never understands what I am talking about.

I guess it's more widespread than we realised.

Another that used to confuse me as a kid was someone saying some foodstuff 'ate well'.

"Those peaches are good, they eat well."

What?

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:10 - Apr 9 with 860 viewsVic

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 21:22 - Apr 9 by jeera

Slices are what you get of that pappy stuff that comes pre ‘sliced’. Horrible stuff! A ‘round’ of bread was something you cut from a proper loaf, bought - often warm - uncut.

No idea why it’s called a round though!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:11 - Apr 9 with 858 viewsjeera

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:10 - Apr 9 by Vic

Slices are what you get of that pappy stuff that comes pre ‘sliced’. Horrible stuff! A ‘round’ of bread was something you cut from a proper loaf, bought - often warm - uncut.

No idea why it’s called a round though!

So basically no help whatsoever then.

Cheers Vic!

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:39 - Apr 9 with 832 viewsronnyd

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:11 - Apr 9 by jeera

So basically no help whatsoever then.

Cheers Vic!

Don't overthink it, just eat and enjoy whether it's one slice or two. With Cheddar cheese of course.
One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:43 - Apr 9 with 815 viewsjeera

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:39 - Apr 9 by ronnyd

Don't overthink it, just eat and enjoy whether it's one slice or two. With Cheddar cheese of course.

I can't. I need to know!

I could Google it I suppose but Googling everything is killing conversation.

I want a real person to tell me.

Mind you, I could then look it up to see if they're right or not i suppose.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:45 - Apr 9 with 807 viewsJ2BLUE

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:43 - Apr 9 by jeera

I can't. I need to know!

I could Google it I suppose but Googling everything is killing conversation.

I want a real person to tell me.

Mind you, I could then look it up to see if they're right or not i suppose.

Bread used to be round before they started using tins. For a visual example, see the milk loaf.

Truly impaired.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:47 - Apr 9 with 801 viewsLord_Lucan

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:06 - Apr 9 by jeera

I guess it's more widespread than we realised.

Another that used to confuse me as a kid was someone saying some foodstuff 'ate well'.

"Those peaches are good, they eat well."

What?

That sounds like a northern thing.

The round of bread thing has evolved over the years. If I am making a sandwich and ask wifey if she wants one I no longer ask how many rounds of bread as I know it will confuse her.

So, I ask how many slices? and then she says "Three"! I swear to god she always says three - so I am forced to make a sandwich and also a folded piece of bread.

I don't know why but this really gets up my goat. I would rather she said four slices and left a bit.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:49 - Apr 9 with 787 viewsJ2BLUE

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:47 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

The round of bread thing has evolved over the years. If I am making a sandwich and ask wifey if she wants one I no longer ask how many rounds of bread as I know it will confuse her.

So, I ask how many slices? and then she says "Three"! I swear to god she always says three - so I am forced to make a sandwich and also a folded piece of bread.

I don't know why but this really gets up my goat. I would rather she said four slices and left a bit.

No one in the north has ever heard of a peach.

Truly impaired.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:51 - Apr 9 with 776 viewsLord_Lucan

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:49 - Apr 9 by J2BLUE

No one in the north has ever heard of a peach.

And as if by magic.

Thinking about it you are the sort of person to make a so called sandwich out of one round of bread.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:52 - Apr 9 with 768 viewsJ2BLUE

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:51 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

And as if by magic.

Thinking about it you are the sort of person to make a so called sandwich out of one round of bread.

I think your wife has it spot on. Three slices is ideal.

Truly impaired.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:53 - Apr 9 with 764 viewsjeera

"Three". That's excellent.

It's almost like she's lived with a cantankerous so and so for years and learned a few tricks of her own!

Ha.

As for 'they eat well', that was a local farmer/greengrocer on Stowmarket market when I was maybe 12 years old. Horrible ignorant man, he asked my dad if I was a bit thick because I hadn't heard it before.

The old chap said "if you want to give the boy a game of chess I'll put down whatever [amount of money] you fancy", but he didn't take him up on it.

The greengrocer had never heard of local dialects and I struggled to understand a word he said.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:54 - Apr 9 with 763 viewsLord_Lucan

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:52 - Apr 9 by J2BLUE

I would gladly hook you up.

You can even have my house.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:56 - Apr 9 with 754 viewsJ2BLUE

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:54 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

I would gladly hook you up.

You can even have my house.

I'm sure she could do better.

Truly impaired.

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 06:09 - Apr 10 with 674 viewsdickie

https://kottke.org/18/12/the-cube-rule-of-food-the-grand-unified-theory-of-food-

It's a taco
One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 06:30 - Apr 10 with 667 viewsWacko

Maybe she wants a club sandwich?

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 10:15 - Apr 10 with 623 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 22:52 - Apr 9 by J2BLUE

I don't think she ever really wants three. She has just learned what really winds Lucan up. See her answer to the pizza question. She does it every time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 10:30 - Apr 10 with 616 viewsChurchman

One slice of bread folded over with a filling. on 21:17 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

Two rounds of bread filled and sliced corner to corner. When you go to ‘buy a sandwich for lunch’ from M&S or wherever, you expect two slices of bread, sliced corner to corner and sealed in infernal triangular plastic packaging. One slice of bread is half a sandwich and an impending riot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024