Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video 23:25 - Apr 9 with 2105 viewsRobbie12345

Just watched a youtube video from January of Brett Johnson contributing on a panel re-global investment in football clubs, including those in the UK.

The panel covers the potential of investment in lower league clubs, benefits of multi-club ownerships, mistakes that can be made, such as stripping away history and culture from clubs and highlights the importance of involving people around clubs with vast football experience, amongst other areas.

Brett states he is close to investing in a English club (which we now know to be us), has long-term strategies and a large interest in the women’s game. I found it really reassuring for him to be part of this panel- he was listening hard and seemingly has taken some of the ideas expressed on board. It made me feel fortunate and even more excited for the future.

If anyone wants to give it a watch, here is the link:

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 23:57 - Apr 9 with 2022 viewsFreddies_Ears

Thank you for sharing - really interesting. I am wondering now whether the high profile and relative success of ITFC Women might have been a contributing factor to the takeover.
Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 00:01 - Apr 10 with 2021 viewsRobbie12345

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 23:57 - Apr 9 by Freddies_Ears

Thank you for sharing - really interesting. I am wondering now whether the high profile and relative success of ITFC Women might have been a contributing factor to the takeover.

You’re welcome. I think it’s definitely something they will have interest in and push long-term, even if not the immediate priority.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 01:01 - Apr 10 with 1911 viewsSomethingBlue

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 23:57 - Apr 9 by Freddies_Ears

If they want it, they have a big opportunity with ITFC Women — a rare example within the club of setup being absolutely top-level and up there with the best in the country. It's going to be a huge growth market; the recent TV deal confirms that. Given how well women's football does in the US this can't have escaped them.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 03:58 - Apr 10 with 1808 viewstextbackup

Pheonix and Galatasaray have a link up, didn't realise that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 03:59 - Apr 10 with 1806 viewsSpruceMoose

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 03:58 - Apr 10 by textbackup

Looking forward to seeing Cook sacrifice a goat in the centre circle before our next derby game...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 04:02 - Apr 10 with 1805 viewstextbackup

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 03:59 - Apr 10 by SpruceMoose

Looking forward to seeing Cook sacrifice a goat in the centre circle before our next derby game...

id rather the Goat played if i'm honest, could list 11 players i'd rather see get sacrificed

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 04:06 - Apr 10 with 1800 viewsSpruceMoose

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 04:02 - Apr 10 by textbackup

id rather the Goat played if i'm honest, could list 11 players i'd rather see get sacrificed

You're too soft. Some on that subs bench could go too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 05:40 - Apr 10 with 1776 viewsArnieM

Town will become a global brand IMO . Big changes are a coming as they say , and the fans need to embrace not resist it .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 07:27 - Apr 10 with 1622 viewsWD19

It is abundantly clear through everything he has said since the takeover that ‘community’ and ‘history’ are going to be played to the max. You can’t make money out of people if they are not your side.

That’s not a criticism, it’s a very sensible thing to do and a sign of the level of competence I think we can expect to see going forward......but it is rooted in entirely cynical business objectives.
Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 08:59 - Apr 10 with 1409 viewsStadiumofdark

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 04:02 - Apr 10 by textbackup

imagine a goat doing all the hard work in the middle of the pitch, only to thread it through to Kackson....
Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:17 - Apr 10 with 1360 viewsWeWereZombies

Feed the Goat and he will score...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:33 - Apr 10 with 1312 viewsTractorCam

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 03:58 - Apr 10 by textbackup

That's through Berke Bakay who I believe is Turkish and not American. He's a Galatasaray fan and is the main man behind getting Drogba to Phoenix due to those links.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:37 - Apr 10 with 1295 viewschrismakin

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:33 - Apr 10 by TractorCam

That's through Berke Bakay who I believe is Turkish and not American. He's a Galatasaray fan and is the main man behind getting Drogba to Phoenix due to those links.

For me this is why now I know who is part of this new group, it could be rather exciting

Brett - Loves a complex build, developing community assetts
Berke - Contacts Galore by the looks of things
Detmer - Global property tycoon, one of the biggest out there

It might not just be good for the club this, for the town itself they could do a lot of good.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:47 - Apr 10 with 1275 viewsRadioOrwell

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 07:27 - Apr 10 by WD19

It is abundantly clear through everything he has said since the takeover that ‘community’ and ‘history’ are going to be played to the max. You can’t make money out of people if they are not your side.

That’s not a criticism, it’s a very sensible thing to do and a sign of the level of competence I think we can expect to see going forward......but it is rooted in entirely cynical business objectives.

I'd swap the word cynical with pragmatic.

When Brett J said he had looked at other English clubs I wondered if our big 3 trophys were a big part of the decision to go with us.
Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:48 - Apr 10 with 1269 viewsCheltenham_Blue

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Until that pitch gets completely re-done, all the way down to the sub surface, I'm rather not have any more football played on it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:51 - Apr 10 with 1256 viewschrismakin

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:48 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Until that pitch gets completely re-done, all the way down to the sub surface, I'm rather not have any more football played on it.

Think the women could play on the new 3g pitch couldn't they

no disrespect at all as I don't really know of their following, but would they need more than a 100 seater stand?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:54 - Apr 10 with 1244 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:51 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

Think the women could play on the new 3g pitch couldn't they

no disrespect at all as I don't really know of their following, but would they need more than a 100 seater stand?

I think if we are looking to push the women's team forward then the ground is the perfect place isn't it.

"No disrespect. They'll only need room for 100 spectators"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:58 - Apr 10 with 1223 viewschrismakin

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 09:54 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think if we are looking to push the women's team forward then the ground is the perfect place isn't it.

"No disrespect. They'll only need room for 100 spectators"

hey I didn't say theyd only need room for 100, was a genuine question of would they need more? I have no idea how big or small the following is...

Brett Johnson ‘global investment in football’ panel video on 10:01 - Apr 10 with 1216 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Isn't the cost of opening the ground on match days without ticket revenue one of the big challenges of Covid? I guess this plan would depend on how else they can generate revenue until the women's attendance get to a high enough level.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024