Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I'm sold 07:47 - Apr 10 with 862 viewsCoastalblue

I've viewed this takeover with a fairly big dose of sceptism up until now, perhaps been burnt once too often.

I spent last night at work listening to and when I had the chance reading stuff from and about our new overlords and must admit, I'm starting to believe in them.

It could still all go wrong but I think if it does it won't be through lack of genuine desire to do the best for the club and I'm also starting to feel that if it goes right it might actually go very right.

It could be an exciting ride over the next few years.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I think I'm sold on 08:12 - Apr 10 with 767 viewsChurchman

I think that’s about all we can ask for. My ideal would have been a reincarnation of the Cobbolds with Man City money and Leicester City acumen. But in the real world, I’ll settle for people who genuinely want to do this.

It could all go spectacularly wrong, but who knows, it could also go spectacularly right. What was certain was that despite Evans’ annual waffle, the club was dying before our eyes.

There is now a chance of a future and I’ll settle for that.
I think I'm sold on 08:24 - Apr 10 with 693 viewsChrisd

I think I'm sold on 08:12 - Apr 10 by Churchman

I think that’s about all we can ask for. My ideal would have been a reincarnation of the Cobbolds with Man City money and Leicester City acumen. But in the real world, I’ll settle for people who genuinely want to do this.

It could all go spectacularly wrong, but who knows, it could also go spectacularly right. What was certain was that despite Evans’ annual waffle, the club was dying before our eyes.

There is now a chance of a future and I’ll settle for that.

Completely agree. However much ME wanted things to work out here, the way things were going we were just getting dragged further down the footballing ladder, minus any significant leadership we just appeared rudderless. Our new owners seem like a breath of fresh air, which the club desperately needed, let’s be honest they are worth the risk. It’s been such a long time since we’ve been a successful side, law of averages things have to turn for the better at some point, perhaps now is that time when HMS Ipswich begins to about turn? 🤞🏻
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 8:28]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I won’t be fully sold till the CEO is appointed.... on 08:36 - Apr 10 with 659 viewsunstableblue

... and we feel that’s the right person to take us forward, and critically we see that Paul Cook is comfortable with this new direction and leadership (I would say at the moment this will have unsettled him) and that he can work well with the new CEO.

Very excited by the funding, very excited about having the non executive oversight of a chairman with football pedigree, hoping the energy and innovation of the 3 lions can drive the club (evidenced by Drogba to Phoenix type moves).

But I can’t quite go full blue goggled madness until I see that Cook is happy and we have the right CEO to manage the transformation!

Another loss today and a poor Cook presser is not what we want. Even though this season is a write up.... wins get energy, momentum and happiness into the project!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think I'm sold on 08:42 - Apr 10 with 596 viewsPendejo

My thoughts, whatever they're worth.

Those now in charge have prior experience owning / running football clubs - mainly overseas but have brought in UK experience

If our nadir has bottomed out, they have nothing to lose, start us on an upward trajectory and they'll never need to buy us a beer, we'll no doubt happily buy for them.

Hopefully the potential can be realised and PR rock again.

The folks from Bentwaters were always welcome at PR, so there is a precedent for US support.

I have 2 US flags, one may well lend itself to customising for matchday use

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024