Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days 08:41 - Apr 10 with 1076 viewsBent_double

Worst I'm ever had - normally its 5 or 7 days max for me, but this was a nasty one, maybe because there's less of it around?

Lesson learned, get the flu jab next winter.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:05 - Apr 10 with 978 viewstonybied

Do you know it was definitely flu?

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/no-flu-
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 10:06]
Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:09 - Apr 10 with 945 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:05 - Apr 10 by tonybied

Do you know it was definitely flu?

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/no-flu-
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 10:06]

Indeed, probably too late to test for it now but those who monitor these things would probably appreciate it reporting.

I presume the OP did a PCR test to check it wasn't actually Coronavirus. It also sounds like the OP has had flu multiple times which seems to me unusual. Perhaps they have a compromised immune system and frequent high exposure.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:19 - Apr 10 with 914 viewsBent_double

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:09 - Apr 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, probably too late to test for it now but those who monitor these things would probably appreciate it reporting.

I presume the OP did a PCR test to check it wasn't actually Coronavirus. It also sounds like the OP has had flu multiple times which seems to me unusual. Perhaps they have a compromised immune system and frequent high exposure.

It was weird, the way it was stretched out, feeling better some mornings, only to lurch back into sleepless, sweat-filled, aching nights.

Yes, I did have a CV test last week, just incase - it came back negative which hopefully means there was actually some kind of sample - not easy when you're feeling really rough and fighting a gag reflex!

It is bizarre, wondering how I actually caught it, considering how careful I'd been generally, I'd happily report it if anyone's interested, but being a typical bloke I've just self-medicated with dozens of Lemsips, not even a call to the GP.

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:23 - Apr 10 with 902 viewsLord_Lucan

I feel your pain

It bends me up when people say they've got the flu when they really just have a cold.

I've only had the flu once and it's a real Mother

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:26 - Apr 10 with 898 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:19 - Apr 10 by Bent_double

It was weird, the way it was stretched out, feeling better some mornings, only to lurch back into sleepless, sweat-filled, aching nights.

Yes, I did have a CV test last week, just incase - it came back negative which hopefully means there was actually some kind of sample - not easy when you're feeling really rough and fighting a gag reflex!

It is bizarre, wondering how I actually caught it, considering how careful I'd been generally, I'd happily report it if anyone's interested, but being a typical bloke I've just self-medicated with dozens of Lemsips, not even a call to the GP.

Indeed. Not sure how reliable the PCR tests are. I know of someone who was in hospital and they were certain he had Coronavirus but he tested negative twice.

Flusurvey is one place they like to monitor people and symptoms. https://www.flusurvey.net/

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 12:34 - Apr 10 with 818 viewsRyorry

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 10:19 - Apr 10 by Bent_double

I've caught 2 colds whilst shielding in the past year, hadn't met anyone in a building, only at 2m+ outside. I concluded that 2m is simply not enough distance when the wind is blowing from them towards you.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 13:26 - Apr 10 with 758 viewsDeano69

Ouch.

Only had proper flu once it was over Christmas and New Year several years ago. utterly awful.

It was so bad one day I genuinely contemplated ‘going to the toilet’ in the bed as I absolutely couldn’t find the energy to go to the bathroom. I went to bed a couple of nights barely caring whether I woke up or not. Dreadful. Every muscle, joint and organ seem to ache. Mine was more like 10 days but took several weeks to get back to anything like ‘gym fitness’.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 14:36 - Apr 10 with 674 viewsBent_double

Finally shaken off the flu...after 18 days on 13:26 - Apr 10 by Deano69

Ouch.

Only had proper flu once it was over Christmas and New Year several years ago. utterly awful.

It was so bad one day I genuinely contemplated ‘going to the toilet’ in the bed as I absolutely couldn’t find the energy to go to the bathroom. I went to bed a couple of nights barely caring whether I woke up or not. Dreadful. Every muscle, joint and organ seem to ache. Mine was more like 10 days but took several weeks to get back to anything like ‘gym fitness’.

I had that last night - not the toilet thing, the "I just want this to be over" - bit mellow-dramatic, I know, but I don't think I've actually slept in a week, and delirium was kicking in.

Haven't been for a run in over 3 weeks, oddly the last run I had was the day after I noticed the first symptoms, and it was a great run, almost like my body was saying, "make the most of this, you won't like what's coming'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024