Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? 09:02 - Apr 10 with 2263 viewsPinewoodblue

MK Dons are on decent run of form too.

I really want PC to be up for the challenge, but haven’t a clue what sort of team he will put out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:05 - Apr 10 with 1633 viewschrismakin

I feel for PC,

He's being asked to go to war without any guns.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:08 - Apr 10 with 1620 viewsPinewoodblue

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:05 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

I feel for PC,

I hope he is focused and makes whatever changes to the starting eleven he was contemplating prior to the takeover happening.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:10 - Apr 10 with 1611 viewsRadlett_blue

There's always pressure in professional sport. There seems to have been no reaction at all from the players to the change of manager, which is disappointing. I'm not saying they aren't trying, but having so many players not sure if they will be at PR next season can't be helping at this stage of the season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:18 - Apr 10 with 1583 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He does need to start getting some results, and an uplift in performance.

I don't think that's too much to ask, although I think we all agree the players aren't likely to mount a promotion challenge.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:20 - Apr 10 with 1563 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:10 - Apr 10 by Radlett_blue

There's always pressure in professional sport. There seems to have been no reaction at all from the players to the change of manager, which is disappointing. I'm not saying they aren't trying, but having so many players not sure if they will be at PR next season can't be helping at this stage of the season.

Good professional players shouldn't let that effect them.

If they have any professionalism they should either be playing for a new contract with us or elsewhere. It's their own career and earnings that they are damaging.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:23 - Apr 10 with 1552 viewschrismakin

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:18 - Apr 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think that's too much to ask, although I think we all agree the players aren't likely to mount a promotion challenge.

it's just so frustrating the players really seem to have this attacking block

In theory it's not the worse start

Only 8 goals conceded in his 8 games
2 cleansheets
Unbeaten at home
only 3 losses

but only 6 goals scored.... and that is the biggest issue by a clear clear mile

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:39 - Apr 10 with 1500 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Honestly, if our players are 'feeling the pressure' then we don't have any winners in this squad at all.

There's no pressure on them, the fans gave up on promotion weeks ago, the new owners and chairman said Championship in 1-2 years, if we can do it this year, great, but not expected.

The only pressure being applied to the players is to do their jobs well, which they aren't, and frankly thats the exact same pressure that every single one of us has in our own jobs.

I just wish they would get on with it and stop looking so fking sullen about life every single game. Has anyone noticed that there are no smiles on the faces of our players when we play?

Someone was told that all the staff had a spring in their step once the takeover was done, maybe that will be the same for the players? If it is today/Tuesday then we can probably guess at what the underlying cause was.

However, a new dawn starts today. And I can't wait for next season.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:42 - Apr 10 with 1472 viewsRadlett_blue

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:23 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

it's just so frustrating the players really seem to have this attacking block

In theory it's not the worse start

Only 8 goals conceded in his 8 games
2 cleansheets
Unbeaten at home
only 3 losses

but only 6 goals scored.... and that is the biggest issue by a clear clear mile

"not the worse start"?
9 points from 8 games - form which would put Town in 19th place if continued over the season. Yes, we could have lost every game, but Town have been worse since Cook arrived.
3 dismal performances against the division's 3 worst teams in the last 3 games, so no sign of improvement.
The only thing to do is slip under the blanket & wait for the big clear out in the summer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:42 - Apr 10 with 1472 viewschrismakin

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:39 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Honestly, if our players are 'feeling the pressure' then we don't have any winners in this squad at all.

There's no pressure on them, the fans gave up on promotion weeks ago, the new owners and chairman said Championship in 1-2 years, if we can do it this year, great, but not expected.

The only pressure being applied to the players is to do their jobs well, which they aren't, and frankly thats the exact same pressure that every single one of us has in our own jobs.

I just wish they would get on with it and stop looking so fking sullen about life every single game. Has anyone noticed that there are no smiles on the faces of our players when we play?

Someone was told that all the staff had a spring in their step once the takeover was done, maybe that will be the same for the players? If it is today/Tuesday then we can probably guess at what the underlying cause was.

I know you can overthink things and see things that aren't there

but, when you watch the matchday videos on ifollow, even the players walking into the ground is slow, boring with eyes drooping, even when we won, walking back into the dressing room, you barely see a smile

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:45 - Apr 10 with 1446 viewsMrTown

You can put Hamilton behind a smart car ain’t going to win the F1.

Cook has his hands tied with this group of players, they’ll let the club down I’m sure again today.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:48 - Apr 10 with 1436 viewschrismakin

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:42 - Apr 10 by Radlett_blue

"not the worse start"?
9 points from 8 games - form which would put Town in 19th place if continued over the season. Yes, we could have lost every game, but Town have been worse since Cook arrived.
3 dismal performances against the division's 3 worst teams in the last 3 games, so no sign of improvement.
The only thing to do is slip under the blanket & wait for the big clear out in the summer.

My point was, despite the lack of attacking ability of the team it still could have been a lot worse!.

We all know it needs a clearout, but until then we just have to hope the players wake up one matchday morning in the mood to play football, otherwise everygame will just follow the same pattern.

on the form front, it puts us 16th over those 8 games

now, that rather random 3 wins inbetween makes it look worse as before that we were 15th in the form table over the 8 games before those 3 games.

Also, between are early season form until oct to the date Lambert got sacked... we are 16th in the form table over those 4 months!

Basically, had it not been for that opening 2 months, we would have been in a relegation fight since October

[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 10:00]

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:55 - Apr 10 with 1404 viewsurbanblue

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:39 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yes, any uncertainty is over and the players will know that if they want to be part of what promises to be a bright future they have 8 games to convince PC they deserve to be kept on.

I'm hoping we will see that determination today.

We'll see eh.
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:08 - Apr 10 with 1364 viewsnoggin

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:18 - Apr 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Unfortunately for Paul cook, the players don't appear to be good enough. You can put lipstick on an old sow but...

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:36 - Apr 10 with 1301 viewspistonbroke

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:48 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

My point was, despite the lack of attacking ability of the team it still could have been a lot worse!.

We all know it needs a clearout, but until then we just have to hope the players wake up one matchday morning in the mood to play football, otherwise everygame will just follow the same pattern.

on the form front, it puts us 16th over those 8 games

now, that rather random 3 wins inbetween makes it look worse as before that we were 15th in the form table over the 8 games before those 3 games.

Also, between are early season form until oct to the date Lambert got sacked... we are 16th in the form table over those 4 months!

Basically, had it not been for that opening 2 months, we would have been in a relegation fight since October

[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 10:00]

That’s irrelevant , you can’t cherry pick certain times of the season , the fact is we were. On a run and since cook has come in we are worse , lambert would rightly of got slated for the recent performances , cook has to bear the responsibility for recent performances
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:39 - Apr 10 with 1282 viewsnoggin

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:36 - Apr 10 by pistonbroke

That’s irrelevant , you can’t cherry pick certain times of the season , the fact is we were. On a run and since cook has come in we are worse , lambert would rightly of got slated for the recent performances , cook has to bear the responsibility for recent performances

I think it's becoming clear that the attitude and ability of the players is a bigger problem than the manager.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:40 - Apr 10 with 1280 viewsPJH

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:36 - Apr 10 by pistonbroke

It is a bit like some reckon that MM's 4 wins out of 4 at the start of what became his last season here don't count and the first 45 games of the playoff season don't count.
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:40 - Apr 10 with 1278 viewschrismakin

But If I can't go over a season, you can't cherry pick 3 random wins out of nowhere to base the apparent quality the manager took over, it works both ways
If you break down those wins, which of those was a commanding victory? accrington was bloody shocking.

So yes, i'd rather base it on a season, not just 3 random wins in the middle of a pathetic season.

And the reason I don't feel PC can take any of the blame is he came in and played the same formation as before, he's tried different players, he's tried different formations recently, and it's still the same sht. And for the handful of people who say PC Should take blame, not 1 has been able to say what he should have differently.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 10:44]

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:43 - Apr 10 with 1257 viewsPJH

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:40 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

But If I can't go over a season, you can't cherry pick 3 random wins out of nowhere to base the apparent quality the manager took over, it works both ways
If you break down those wins, which of those was a commanding victory? accrington was bloody shocking.

So yes, i'd rather base it on a season, not just 3 random wins in the middle of a pathetic season.

And the reason I don't feel PC can take any of the blame is he came in and played the same formation as before, he's tried different players, he's tried different formations recently, and it's still the same sht. And for the handful of people who say PC Should take blame, not 1 has been able to say what he should have differently.

So how come the PPG ratio is worse since Paul Cook arrived than before?

"Well if you ignore those 3 wins...."
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:45 - Apr 10 with 1242 viewspistonbroke

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:40 - Apr 10 by PJH

It is a bit like some reckon that MM's 4 wins out of 4 at the start of what became his last season here don't count and the first 45 games of the playoff season don't count.

Exactly , the season is over 46 games
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:46 - Apr 10 with 1232 viewsCheltenham_Blue

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:08 - Apr 10 by noggin

Unfortunately for Paul cook, the players don't appear to be good enough. You can put lipstick on an old sow but...

Let's leave putting lipstick on farm animals to our friends up the road shall we?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:47 - Apr 10 with 1229 viewspistonbroke

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:40 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

Over that season until cook joined we were 7th a point off the play offs, with a run in mostly against teams at the bottom
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 10:48]
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:52 - Apr 10 with 1199 viewshadleighboyblue

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:05 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

I feel for PC,

and the guns he has are firing blanks
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:53 - Apr 10 with 1184 viewschrismakin

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:47 - Apr 10 by pistonbroke

Over that season until cook joined we were 7th a point off the play offs, with a run in mostly against teams at the bottom

Ok so if you're so despereate to ignore the actual form of the side following it's early season form

.. Where's Nolan - injured, he scored goals in that early season form - No midfielder has gone close since.
Hawkins- only back last week, he scored and created goals in that early season form
Edwards - scored 5 in that early season form, has he looked anything close to the same player? no and alot fatter to.

Bennetts, was also involved in all of our wins just prior to PC coming in, he's been in and out with injuries - typical ipswich.

Norwood - only available for 3 of PC's games so far.. was involved in those recent wins prior to PC coming in.

So PC hasn't even had what PL had when he won the majority of his games. Yet you're trying to compare, you can't.

the facts are, since Nolan, edwards, hawkins all got injured, the club has been averaging around 16th in the form table, and continue to be 16th in the form table - that is fact.

So once again, what SHOULD PC be doing?
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 11:17]

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:54 - Apr 10 with 1179 viewshadleighboyblue

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 09:10 - Apr 10 by Radlett_blue

no excuse for the players lack of passion , they should be playing for their futures , whether that is here or elsewhere
How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:58 - Apr 10 with 1159 viewsonemarcusstewart

How much pressure are PC, and the players under today? on 10:47 - Apr 10 by pistonbroke

The players dont care. This has been demonstrated all season after defeats laughing and joking with the opposition as they come off the field. They go through the motions and dont push themselves. Could not see and Ipswich player coming off the pitch inconsolable in tears like the Fulham guy last night. It means nothing to them. Sears said he is to good for league 1 how many goals..... They all think they are better than they are and not prepared to fight and work to do anything about it. Every other team wants it more than us. I'm sure the players are unfit hence ghe injuries and the slow football we play. Thank goodness big changes are on the way and we can have a team to be proud of again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024