Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview 11:42 - Apr 10 with 1479 viewsunstableblue

They’ve wheeled in James Cooper from Sky again (who compered the recent new owner presser)

And between the two of them they are are damming in their assessment of recent performances

Quite rightly

Not your usual official output!

[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 11:42]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 12:36 - Apr 10 with 1231 viewsBlueastheycome

Didn’t James Cooper ask the questions as an interviewee and the guy on the right compered it.

I like James Cooper. Very articulate and likeable. Would like to see more of him
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 12:39]
Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 12:41 - Apr 10 with 1180 viewsunstableblue

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 12:36 - Apr 10 by Blueastheycome

Didn’t James Cooper ask the questions as an interviewee and the guy on the right compered it.

I like James Cooper. Very articulate and likeable. Would like to see more of him

Yes - he's high quality. Town fan, but also a professional journalist, with the skills that brings.

I love the rise of fan driven Ipswich content, with Blue Monday perhaps the best quality, but there is also some less successful output. And then when you compare with James Cooper, and even the EADT team, it is good to have professional content.

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 12:45 - Apr 10 with 1150 viewsBlueastheycome

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 12:41 - Apr 10 by unstableblue

Yes - he's high quality. Town fan, but also a professional journalist, with the skills that brings.

I love the rise of fan driven Ipswich content, with Blue Monday perhaps the best quality, but there is also some less successful output. And then when you compare with James Cooper, and even the EADT team, it is good to have professional content.

Yes I agree. I had never heard or seen of him before until the hour long club interview the other day and I was left impressed with this presence and high quality demeanour.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 12:46]
Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:05 - Apr 10 with 985 views66notout

James didn’t compère the press conference, he asked the first few questions. The host was James Pearce, a former BBC man who has been hired by the new owners on a short-term basis.
Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:23 - Apr 10 with 874 viewsFixed_It

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 12:36 - Apr 10 by Blueastheycome

The guy on the right wasn't the compere. Neither was James - he was the first journo to ask questions. Impressive and articulate though. And seeing as he obviously reads TWTD...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:38 - Apr 10 with 749 viewsunstableblue

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:05 - Apr 10 by 66notout

James didn’t compère the press conference, he asked the first few questions. The host was James Pearce, a former BBC man who has been hired by the new owners on a short-term basis.

You're right he wasn't compere.

But he intimated in the session I shared, that he'd been brought in specially to kick-off questions. Perhaps he was just there on behalf on Sky Sports.

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:40 - Apr 10 with 729 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:05 - Apr 10 by 66notout

I really liked James Pearce. Wouldn't be a bad thing if we had someone in Comms that the fans could see and connect to.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:51 - Apr 10 with 656 viewsunstableblue

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:40 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

I really liked James Pearce. Wouldn't be a bad thing if we had someone in Comms that the fans could see and connect to.

I think we had a team of four when under Royle/Magilton... creating content. Two people doing interviews, stories, and Terry Baxter was the lead face of the club- used to compere press conferences extra.. ex-BBC Suffolk guy very professional.

I think this is something the new owners will look at. But to be frank we are still a League One team... and the current one man team of Dan Palfrey fit the budget no doubt.

Dan seems to be doing a good job, and a certain wit to his output. Could see someone alongside him as more the face of the club.

Login to get fewer ads

Incredibly candid Ipswich official match preview on 13:59 - Apr 10 with 580 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wow, that was a breath of fresh air. Allowing people to openly discuss the owners and realistically discuss the team in an official video. Obviously there's a long way to go, but I like this change already. And agree on James - highly listenable.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024