Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have to say.... 17:02 - Apr 10 with 3800 viewsFunge

... Cook has had this lot for 6 weeks, and there isn't even a suggestion that we've looked any better, at all, in any area of the pitch, at any point in those 6 weeks.

Of course he needs a summer; of course he needs a transfer window - but, my god, has anyone actually told this lot that most of them will be out of work in the summer?

Fck the players - they all need to go - but honestly, is it unreasonable to ask for just a little bit more?

Downes was the one bright spot today.

Bishop was anonymous, Dozzell atrocious (again), and Drinan is good at running.
I have to say.... on 17:04 - Apr 10 with 2817 viewschrismakin

The fact we went into todays game with Drinan uptop, shows he is literally trying anything to try and wake this team up.

People saying another game with no shots on target, yes true... but at least we actually got some shots off!,

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I have to say.... on 17:05 - Apr 10 with 2809 viewsArnieM

I’d say the fact that a very good manager hasn’t been able to get anything out of this shower of shyte , is more a reflection on the players than the manager. They’ve been complete pants for THREE YEARS....you weren’t really expecting a turn around in the last 10 games of their Ipswich careers were you?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I have to say.... on 17:05 - Apr 10 with 2784 viewsPlums

We don’t even look half arsed. No urgency to take throws, free kicks or corners. Players just strolling around like prima donnas.
As you say, Downes aside, the others look like shadows of themselves.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I have to say.... on 17:06 - Apr 10 with 2772 viewsSpruceMoose

Can't polish a turd. Bin the whole lot of them and I wouldn't give a fook.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I have to say.... on 17:06 - Apr 10 with 2773 viewsChrisd

Yes, apparently midfield isn't an area of the pitch which is a concern. It's one of the main reasons why we continue to misfire.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 17:07]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I have to say.... on 17:06 - Apr 10 with 2746 viewsMrTown

What can he do with this team, genuinely?

The players can’t be faulted for effort. It’s just a pure lack of quality, that won’t be change in 6 weeks and about 10 training sessions.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I have to say.... on 17:07 - Apr 10 with 2689 viewsjas0999

The players have if anything got worse! You’d expect a new manager bounce. Play well as there are new owners.

But no. Utter rubbish. All of them should go.
I have to say.... on 17:08 - Apr 10 with 2679 viewsDubtractor

I would have expected more so far, but Cook really is hamstrung by the striking options.

Jackson is crap.
Parrott might be Ok in a few years, but is no where near at the moment.
Drinan works hard but is hugely limited.
Hawkins is pretty crap, and zero goal threat.
Sears just demonstrated his finishing ability.
Norwood OK but permacrocked this season.

How on earth did we end up with such a p1ss poor selection of strikers? Rank mismanagement of the squad, whoever was ultimately responsible for it.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 17:15]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

I have to say.... on 17:08 - Apr 10 with 2673 viewsLankHenners

Yeah very weird, and a slight concern, that there’s been no improvement (and arguably it’s even worse).

I’d always thought anything Cook achieved this season would be a bonus but he should be doing more than this. The, rather large, caveat for him is that this is a desperately unfit and unmotivated squad thanks to Lambert completely losing interest in the job over a year ago and Evans failing to act on it until it was way too late.

At least O’Leary had a chance to have a look at the players before immediately jotting most of their names down in a little book labelled ‘To Release’.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I have to say.... on 17:08 - Apr 10 with 2654 viewsFunge

I have to say.... on 17:05 - Apr 10 by ArnieM

I’d say the fact that a very good manager hasn’t been able to get anything out of this shower of shyte , is more a reflection on the players than the manager. They’ve been complete pants for THREE YEARS....you weren’t really expecting a turn around in the last 10 games of their Ipswich careers were you?

There's been literally no sign of improvement, from anyone in that first team squad. Sounds hyperbolic, but it's the truth - which is remarkable.

Think about that - 30 professional players, apparently incapable of motivation.

I mean, I'm pleased that Evans has sold up, and delighted that atrocious fraud Lambert has slunk off - but what the actual fck is left?!

It's an unholy mess.
I have to say.... on 17:10 - Apr 10 with 2595 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agree with all of that. He of course needs a window or three, but I can't see one difference so far. We're still toothless. Still flatter to deceive with some tidy midfield play but an ultimate lack of penetrative football. Still fairly solid defensively. I don't see any change on the team. And we're still rotating personnel and systems more often than I get nagged at home, which is never good.

I assume/hope this is all down to the players. He needs a chance to get a few players in who can make a difference at the top of the pitch. This team with a a couple of proper strikers and/or a decent No 10 & decent wingers could have had a hatfull today. MK were all over the place at the back. We even had 2 open goals ffs after their keeper went wandering (even though they were a long way out).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have to say.... on 17:11 - Apr 10 with 2564 viewsTieDyedIn95

I thought we'd finish 7th this season. I have never really rated this squad as it's largely hangovers from other regimes and they were never good enough to play for Ipswich, and never will be.

This squad is due to years of neglect from the previous owner and the overall club may take as long to fix, irrespective of the manager. There is a culture of failure at this club, which has come from the top and our recruitment has been dreadful. We've been scraping the bargain bin for years and dragging up other clubs injured and unwanted players, couple that with a youth system in decline and you have a cocktail for failure.

Cook needs time, if a new manager coming and new owners hasn't lit a fire to play well, fight and be passionate amongst the players then it's safe to say we do not want them to play for Ipswich anymore. They are just lucky the ground is empty or they'd be routinely booed off the pitch.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I have to say.... on 17:13 - Apr 10 with 2529 viewsJ2BLUE

I would rather start a false nine than Drinan. Utterly pointless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I have to say.... on 17:13 - Apr 10 with 2527 viewsFunge

I have to say.... on 17:08 - Apr 10 by LankHenners

Yeah very weird, and a slight concern, that there’s been no improvement (and arguably it’s even worse).

I’d always thought anything Cook achieved this season would be a bonus but he should be doing more than this. The, rather large, caveat for him is that this is a desperately unfit and unmotivated squad thanks to Lambert completely losing interest in the job over a year ago and Evans failing to act on it until it was way too late.

At least O’Leary had a chance to have a look at the players before immediately jotting most of their names down in a little book labelled ‘To Release’.

It's a fair caveat - unfairly for Cook, though, is the large alarm bell ringing in my head after Lambert took over from Hurst; more specifically, the absolute 'free pass' we gave PL.

Mediocrity has been accepted for far, far too long at this club; one would suspect that the Americans will have very short shrift for a continuance of this - which, I suppose, is a positive.

For the sake of good order, I am not placing PC in the same bracket as PL - PC's star is on the rise; PL's had long-faded when we offered him the job - but it's scandalous how badly these players are performing.
I have to say.... on 17:13 - Apr 10 with 2519 viewsbazza

Normally when a new manager comes in , you get a run of results that shows the previous managers incompetence and that the players are better than what the previous results showed... we’ve just flat lined ..because most of the players are shi te.
I have to say.... on 17:14 - Apr 10 with 2516 viewsbazza

Normally when a new manager comes in , you get a run of results that shows the previous managers incompetence and that the players are better than what the previous results showed... we’ve just flat lined ..because most of the players are shocking
I have to say.... on 17:14 - Apr 10 with 2501 viewsBluebell

I have to say.... on 17:08 - Apr 10 by Dubtractor

I would have expected more so far, but Cook really is hamstrung by the striking options.

Jackson is crap.
Parrott might be Ok in a few years, but is no where near at the moment.
Drinan works hard but is hugely limited.
Hawkins is pretty crap, and zero goal threat.
Sears just demonstrated his finishing ability.
Norwood OK but permacrocked this season.

How on earth did we end up with such a p1ss poor selection of strikers? Rank mismanagement of the squad, whoever was ultimately responsible for it.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 17:15]

At the start of the season it was Edwards, Bishop and Nolan getting the goals.

Nolan is always crocked and the other two seem frightened to shoot at the goal!
I have to say.... on 17:15 - Apr 10 with 2497 viewsbazza

I have to say.... on 17:14 - Apr 10 by bazza

Normally when a new manager comes in , you get a run of results that shows the previous managers incompetence and that the players are better than what the previous results showed... we’ve just flat lined ..because most of the players are shocking

Thought it wouldn’t let me post because i said shi te 😂
I have to say.... on 17:15 - Apr 10 with 2486 viewsSwansea_Blue

I have to say.... on 17:05 - Apr 10 by Plums

We don’t even look half arsed. No urgency to take throws, free kicks or corners. Players just strolling around like prima donnas.
As you say, Downes aside, the others look like shadows of themselves.

Drinan had one in the first half when the keeper came to the touchline to put the ball out. He didn't even think of a quick throw to try and catch the keeper out. Just turned his back and trotted back into the middle to reset and let Woolf take the throw in. Because that's the way they always do it.

We had another one in the second half with a throw in level with the edge of their box and players around the box. Woolf threw it 30 yards back to Toto on the half way line who then went straight back to Holy.

And then the complete lack of urgency with less than 2 minutes remaining when Ward threw it straight out for a goal kick.

All inexcusable. It's no surprise we don't score anywhere near enough. Nobody wants to.

I have to say.... on 17:16 - Apr 10 with 2465 viewsChrisd

I have to say.... on 17:11 - Apr 10 by TieDyedIn95

I thought we'd finish 7th this season. I have never really rated this squad as it's largely hangovers from other regimes and they were never good enough to play for Ipswich, and never will be.

This squad is due to years of neglect from the previous owner and the overall club may take as long to fix, irrespective of the manager. There is a culture of failure at this club, which has come from the top and our recruitment has been dreadful. We've been scraping the bargain bin for years and dragging up other clubs injured and unwanted players, couple that with a youth system in decline and you have a cocktail for failure.

Cook needs time, if a new manager coming and new owners hasn't lit a fire to play well, fight and be passionate amongst the players then it's safe to say we do not want them to play for Ipswich anymore. They are just lucky the ground is empty or they'd be routinely booed off the pitch.

If PC and the new owners weren't sure about a lot of our squad, think they've got their answers now. Just a pity we are still in touching distance of the Play Offs, otherwise I'd start giving a few of the U23s their opportunity.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I have to say.... on 17:20 - Apr 10 with 2374 viewsSwansea_Blue

I have to say.... on 17:14 - Apr 10 by bazza

We've done worse, not flatlined. But yes agree with the general point.

I have to say.... on 17:21 - Apr 10 with 2363 viewsgordon

Dozzell isn't a left midfielder though to be fair to him.
I have to say.... on 17:24 - Apr 10 with 2327 viewsbrushhand

I have to say.... on 17:16 - Apr 10 by Chrisd

If PC and the new owners weren't sure about a lot of our squad, think they've got their answers now. Just a pity we are still in touching distance of the Play Offs, otherwise I'd start giving a few of the U23s their opportunity.

he should do a mike bassett. go 442
just get the ball uptop and try to pin the opposition in or around their box.
might be route one, but playing sideways and backwards has got us nowhere in years.
I have to say.... on 17:25 - Apr 10 with 2301 viewsTieDyedIn95

I have to say.... on 17:16 - Apr 10 by Chrisd

The myth that's been around for almost 2 years now is the squad is good but the manager was rubbish. I think generally you finish more or less where you are in football unless you have a rarely good season (like a Leicester) or a super poor season out of nowhere (like Man City in the late 90's). This team was relegated in October, and has consistently played at an average level in the third tier. It was never any good. I think most are waking up to that now but it was obvious three or four years ago.

Cook has had a lot of success in this league and the one below but wasn't given a fair crack at the Championship due to off field events. I think he was led to believe the same myth that most had, that was the players were easily good enough and he's unsurprisingly had to result to some Lambertism's with the selections and tactics to ensure we don't get whipped like we did against Gillingham for example. Lambert alluded to this squad needing help and probably not being up to the level expected at Ipswich on numerous occasions, people barked at him as if it were excuses for his failings but the fact remains the players are not good enough and never were.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I have to say.... on 17:30 - Apr 10 with 2229 viewsChurchman

I have to say.... on 17:08 - Apr 10 by LankHenners

How can he do anything with this lot?

Once we had Sheki and Kuqi, McGoldrick and Murphy, Murphy and just about anybody including DJ Campbell, Tommy Miller banging them in from midfield, David Johnson x2, Stewart, David Lowe, Kevin Wilson, Paul Goddard (geriatric version), John Deehan (again in his football dotage).

We now have a midfield that wouldn’t know where the goal was if it hit them on the head, Hawkins and Norwood. Conference or lower standard. Sears is that level now. He looked direct and capable of a goal here until injuries and playing on the wing did for him. Dross. The team over two years has had no goals or goal threat. It has no confidence or structure too it. Individually and collectively clueless. Half of you might get your wish and Cook might well go. I hope not because his track record says he will succeed if given a chance. He won’t do it with this bunch of losers

On the upside, the defence doesn’t look too bad for this level and that’s a good starting point. In a way I’d be more concerned if we were shipping goals aplenty. Give the manager a chance. If he’s here and we are this cr&p at Christmas I’ll be hurling the abuse with the best of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024