Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dire, again 17:04 - Apr 10 with 1260 viewsSomethingBlue

Incredible that we're still in the hunt for top six, today's results haven't actually gone badly for us.

But just no sign at all of where a goal is coming from — if anything our attacking cohesion is getting worse by the week. It's a big concern and we need to make some big early additions in pre-season to make sure things have time to knit together.

Pluses — Downes being back does make such a difference, and that was a very encouraging cameo from Nydam given time out.

Struggling otherwise. If we can't manage a shot on target against that defence it speaks volumes.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dire, again on 17:11 - Apr 10 with 1220 viewsITFC_Forever

It really is incredible how we still have a fighting chance of the play-offs.... we have been dreadful all season, and still have a chance - the standard in this division is awful.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Dire, again on 17:12 - Apr 10 with 1216 viewsSWGF

It doesn't reflect well on ANYBODY (players, coaches, manager) that the team is still, seemingly, the antithesis of what Cook wants and, as you say, looking poorer game on game.

Everyone has had plenty of time to either try and get their message across, or take it on board. Neither has happened and there aren't even any "green shoots" that it might. I'd be intrigued to know why Cook thinks this is.

As matches get ticked off, the clearout becomes more widespread, IMO.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Dire, again on 17:14 - Apr 10 with 1182 viewsJ2BLUE

218 minutes plus injury time across three separate games without a shot on target.

I think i'd rather we were put out of our misery.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dire, again on 17:34 - Apr 10 with 1132 viewsSomethingBlue

Dire, again on 17:12 - Apr 10 by SWGF

It doesn't reflect well on ANYBODY (players, coaches, manager) that the team is still, seemingly, the antithesis of what Cook wants and, as you say, looking poorer game on game.

Everyone has had plenty of time to either try and get their message across, or take it on board. Neither has happened and there aren't even any "green shoots" that it might. I'd be intrigued to know why Cook thinks this is.

I mean, Cook's inherited a right old bloated mish mash and needs to have a look around & see what works. He's also been dealt a load of inconvenient injuries like his predecessors. So the time to worry about him is next season — but that doesn't mean the way we're playing at the moment isn't a massive concern. Other clubs (Sunderland, Pompey til today, Charlton seemingly) have found some form after a new appointment so it rather suggests there's a rottenness deep within that Gamechanger/ORG have a hell of a job gutting out.

Dire, again on 17:37 - Apr 10 with 1099 viewschicoazul

Another clean sheet and only two points off 6th.
We’re gonna shthouse our way to promotion on penalties!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dire, again on 17:42 - Apr 10 with 1071 viewsSomethingBlue

Dire, again on 17:37 - Apr 10 by chicoazul

Tbf others have definitely done it ... !
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 17:42]

Dire, again on 17:59 - Apr 10 with 1001 viewsSteve_M

Dire, again on 17:37 - Apr 10 by chicoazul

Umm, Chico you seem to have forgotten our record in penalty shootouts.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dire, again on 18:08 - Apr 10 with 962 viewsHullblue

No sign at all? Sears should have scored at least one, possibly two. Dobra should have scored his chance as well. At least we created some chances today - still not good enough, but better than the last two games imo.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

Dire, again on 10:32 - Apr 11 with 770 viewsRobTheMonk

For the first time in a while I decided I was not watching on iFollow. Went and had a few beers in my mates garden. Infinitely more entertaining by the sound of it.

I wanted the result to be a fun one. Even something like a - 4-2 loss would have at least been entertaining.

But I keep telling myself we're still in touching distance of playoffs.
Dire, again on 11:12 - Apr 11 with 684 viewsstrikalite

Dire, again on 17:12 - Apr 10 by SWGF

The biggest problem we have is that we have nobody who can do something out of very little anymore, players like Celina or Lawrence for example, to think we also used to rely on these two to spark us into life, lack of investment in quality obviously, but it's shameful we haven't produced a player or two for many many years who can threaten to at least do this....we have ZERO goal threat individually, so the pressure to score that perfect goal builds and builds on players out of form and lacking confidence..
Dire, again on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 662 viewsphillev231069

Dire, again on 11:12 - Apr 11 by strikalite

The biggest problem we have is that we have nobody who can do something out of very little anymore, players like Celina or Lawrence for example, to think we also used to rely on these two to spark us into life, lack of investment in quality obviously, but it's shameful we haven't produced a player or two for many many years who can threaten to at least do this....we have ZERO goal threat individually, so the pressure to score that perfect goal builds and builds on players out of form and lacking confidence..

I remember RK's first game when Celina ran it in the first half, got injured and the second we were absolute tosh! He was a class above at the time.
Dire, again on 13:41 - Apr 11 with 580 viewsKeaneish

We should have scored 4 yesterday though. Had some Golden opportunities.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dire, again on 14:29 - Apr 11 with 505 viewsphillev231069

Dire, again on 13:41 - Apr 11 by Keaneish

We should have scored 4 yesterday though. Had some Golden opportunities.

Fair point, but they too had chances. Other than possibly three teams in this league it is absolute dross!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024